• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinals game notes

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently Peterson hasn't been doing a whole lot of film study for this week.

Didn't you see the two TD attempts to Williams in the Seattle game? Alex did try to throw it over his head for the TD; unfortunately it was over Williams' head, too.

Seriously though, I don't think he was trying to get the TD on at least one of them, as I think he overthrew it thinking it was too risky. Yes, I was mad at that. I want to see him try to get it there, not just try to make it look like they are taking shots. Maybe I'm wrong, it just never looked like he thought it was a shot when he took it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting after the Seattle game, we will play 1 game in 23 days (yes, 3 games in 25 days). Remember how crazy people were about the Ravens playing 4 games in 18 days? Well, that consisted of a Monday-Sunday-Sunday-Thursday setup. But everyone else plays a Sunday-Sunday-Sunday-Thursday setup somewhere (unless there's a bye in there) Even if the middle two games are on Monday, it would still be 4 in 19 days. 4 games in 19 nights - not THAT big of a difference from 4 games in 18 days. Plus before that first game, they had all off-season off (preseason, too, I guess). If anyone has a similar buildup to the Thursday game, like we did, they'd have 6 or 7 days before that stretch, not an off-season. Look at our schedule last year playing Baltimore right after a Sunday game going East. Then a Monday-Saturday week. So, I know a day of rest can be big, but there was so much talk - but that's what I get for watching the Thursday game when people have to explain why the Browns were close.

In fact, everyone plays 2 games in 8 days (average of 4 games) and all play 2 games in 5 days at least once (unless their Thursday game is after a bye).

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting after the Seattle game, we will play 1 game in 23 days (yes, 3 games in 25 days).

It will be nice for the team to get some rest (Gore in particular) in preparation for the 2nd portion of the season. I'm hoping or a 12-4 season, but would be okay with 11-5. Anything less would be a disappointment IMO.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
54% of the 49ers rushing plays have gained at least 4 yards, best in the NFL.

Cardinals are the only team in the NFL to not have allowed 21+ points in a game this season. (vs. SEA, @ NE, vs. PHI, vs. MIA, @ STL, vs. BUF, @ MIN)

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vernon Davis

Niners have to get Vernon Davis invovled, the Giants game there coverage was tight but against the Seahawks although he was successful with his run blocking we still should have gotten him the catches.

I feel that this is our game to lose, ARZ offense isnt that good and we have "the best" secondary with yards per game, but if we do not get pressure on Skelton Fitz will cause fits against us.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Greg Cossell said Davis basically runs four routes, or something to that effect? it is in another thread a guess? i took it to mean period, not just the Seattle game, hope i'm wrong?

totally ok getting Davis the ball, just not over the fine line of 'forcing' it. cause even if we don't throw to Davis, think Moss should get a few, Jenkins a few, and even Hunter in the flats.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Cossell said Davis basically runs four routes, or something to that effect? it is in another thread a guess? i took it to mean period, not just the Seattle game, hope i'm wrong?

totally ok getting Davis the ball, just not over the fine line of 'forcing' it. cause even if we don't throw to Davis, think Moss should get a few, Jenkins a few, and even Hunter in the flats.

Jenkins would require to suit up to entertain any targets...