• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can somebody explain the interest in Fleener to me?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't go rubbing my Fleener the wrong way.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Fleener likes to work the middle but loves to go deep.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your fleener is too undersized to get drafted, sorry

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Fleener loves getting touchdowns.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Fleener prefers the two cone drill.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I think about it, the cornyness of Coby is saved by the epicness of Fleener. It's no wonder he is a good athlete with a name like Coby Fleener. Man! his parents should be ashamed.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dick Butkus

I think if you have a sissy sounding name that it is easy to pick on it makes you tougher with an edge.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine how FSU WR Decody Fagg felt. :)

My high school history teacher's last name was Fagg and he named his daughter Gaylene. True story. Her friends called her Gay. I felt bad that her father was so old fashioned and oblivious to the name. I wonder if she got a legal name change or got married super early... or just gave the finger to anyone as immature to laugh at her name in front of her.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i haven't seen anyone mention the fact that he is local, plus alot of us aren't from cali anyway. i see him rated as the best TE in the draft by sites that aren't local either.

Baloney. Fleener is slightly above average and the last thing we need is a third TE.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A little late to this party, but a few thoughts.

The one big reason I see for the talk about Fleener to the Niners that no one has hit on directly is that he might be the best pass-catcher available when we pick. There's a very good chance that Blackmon, Floyd, and Wright will be gone by the time we're on the clock. It's arguable no other WRs carry a first round grade after those guys. We need help at pass catcher, so Fleener might make sense. As I said when this came up a few weeks ago, I could live with the pick, but it wouldn't be my first choice. It would give us another red zone target with great size, though.

As far as Walker leaving to start somewhere, that's crazy. Walker is very undersized to be more than a situational second TE. He's got some ability in two-TE sets, but he's not a natural in-line blocker and doesn't create physical mismatches in the receiving game. He's strictly a complementary TE and STs player, IMO, though he's got the talent to be quite good in both roles.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wanted to add that I'm much more interested in WR in the second than the first, Between Hill, Criner, Randle, Jeffrey, and Sanu, there should be value there in the second. I don't think any of those guys present great value in the first.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I could live with the pick as well but I think we would far better served shopping the pick around to see if a TE needy team is willing to trade for the pick.

I mean I would much rather get the Colts 1st rounder next year if they are willing to part with it or heck I would rather take the Colts 2nd and 3rd this year for it as well.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I could live with the pick as well but I think we would far better served shopping the pick around to see if a TE needy team is willing to trade for the pick.

I mean I would much rather get the Colts 1st rounder next year if they are willing to part with it or heck I would rather take the Colts 2nd and 3rd this year for it as well.

I can't see the Colts giving up that much to effectively move up three spots.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I can't see the Colts giving up that much to effectively move up three spots.

In general I agree but it depends on if/how badly they want Fleener.

I would guess they would be inclined to get Fleener because they need a TE and it would he would be perfect to help their new prize in Luck.

So we have the potential to drive a hard bargin if we give them the impression we might take him or even the Giants are a possibility.

But this is all guess work and I was mainly using the Colts as an example of the pick being more valuable to trade than to pick Fleener.