• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can somebody explain the interest in Fleener to me?

longbeach 49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fleener definitely does not have Jimmy Graham's athletic ability. But he is impressive as far as size and speed go. My picks at 30 in order of preference would be: David Wilson, Kendall Wright, Zach Brown, Fleener and Doug Martin.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Vernon Davis is far closer to Graham then Fleener would be. Only difference between VD's stats and Grahams are the people who are throwing them the ball. We don't need another guy to barely get the ball to.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleener is not Graham, but he is almost a Gronk clone. Only Fleener is faster and has better hands.

By getting Fleener, the defense will not be able to key on Davis so much on passing situations. Fleener will open up Davis and the WRs as well as catch TDs and passes down the field.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleener is not Graham, but he is almost a Gronk clone. Only Fleener is faster and has better hands.

By getting Fleener, the defense will not be able to key on Davis so much on passing situations. Fleener will open up Davis and the WRs as well as catch TDs and passes down the field.

this is my thought on it.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the name coby though.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fleener definitely does not have Jimmy Graham's athletic ability. But he is impressive as far as size and speed go.

I say Harbaugh should be given special permission to, instead of drafting once per round, simply take 7 players from Stanford before the draft starts since he coached there.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Harbaugh should be given special permission to, instead of drafting once per round, simply take 7 players from Stanford before the draft starts since he coached there.

That's just silly...you need to include anyone he recruited as well.

RGIII anyone? :cool:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People here seem to think that because he is a local boy that he is much better than he really is. The 49ers need a lot more things right now more than they need a third tight end.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People here seem to think that because he is a local boy that he is much better than he really is. The 49ers need a lot more things right now more than they need a third tight end.

i haven't seen anyone mention the fact that he is local, plus alot of us aren't from cali anyway. i see him rated as the best TE in the draft by sites that aren't local either.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised hasn't blown up in this thread yet.

I love Fleener, but this is a very good TE class. We could get Ladarius Green in the 2nd or 3rd round and it would hold better value. I wouldn't hate the pick as much as some would. I just don't think it's the best move and i seriously doubt it happens.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i haven't seen anyone mention the fact that he is local, plus alot of us aren't from cali anyway. i see him rated as the best TE in the draft by sites that aren't local either.

I have him rated as the 12th best #82 in the draft.

My ratings are totally irrelevant, though.

:llama:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we have 2 already. Let's not forget, just because he's good in college doesn't mean that translates. We've already got a good number 2. And in terms of a 3 TE formation, that sounds to Maddeny for me. I mean it would be awesome 3 and 1 plays and goal line where they all could block or catch but that seems too high a price with a first rounder for a certain situation TE. I'm all for BPA but not when we're already stacked at the position.

walker is an undersized TE, fleener is a clear cut upgrade. we're by no means stacked at TE.