• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Hassan Whiteside Be An All Star Next Season?

Is Whiteside All Star Material?

• Total voters

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade will make it as he'll probably average around 19-22 ppg and will get solid numbers. He'll be in the mix for an all-star spot given that the guards he has to compete with are as followed:

1. Wall
2. Derozan
3. Lowry
4. Teague
5. Butler
6. Rose
7. George

I may be missing a name or two, but I honestly think Wade makes it in the all-star game, and possibly as an all-star.

I was actually mistaken as I meant Monroe and not Drummond. Drummond's starting off pretty hot and although his stats will go down a bit as the season goes on, he's still rather solid. Love although all-star caliber, is having to play on a pretty deep team where his stats (as expected will go down), same with Bosh as the Heat look to be taking a balanced approach.

Everyone knows Lebron's going to the all-star game. He hasn't had the best start (by Lebron's standards), but he'll go regardless.

Well you gotta kind have the format right here. There are some problems with your post.

First- 12 guys make the team- and of course the center position has been abolished for the "front court" player which is everything from SF- to center

So out of those 12 guys on the team - 5 are back court guys, and 7 are front court guys in all likelihood.

Paul George- especially now that he is playing a lot of PF is without a doubt a front court guy.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you gotta kind have the format right here. There are some problems with your post.

First- 12 guys make the team- and of course the center position has been abolished for the "front court" player which is everything from SF- to center

So out of those 12 guys on the team - 5 are back court guys, and 7 are front court guys in all likelihood.

Paul George- especially now that he is playing a lot of PF is without a doubt a front court guy.

Wasn't sure on Paul George as I've seen him switched between the 2 and 3 quite often. But given how Larry wanted him to play the 4, I can see him at the 3 for the All-star game.

Also, my list was taking into considering that the center is considered front-court and not it's own position like it used to be as it's been this way for a few years now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't sure on Paul George as I've seen him switched between the 2 and 3 quite often. But given how Larry wanted him to play the 4, I can see him at the 3 for the All-star game.

Also, my list was taking into considering that the center is considered front-court and not it's own position like it used to be as it's been this way for a few years now.
well u had what it looked like was 7 back court guys if u had counted george is a back court guy- i just didnt understand

I mean-

Butler and Wall should definitely be all star back court guys- and might be the startes- all though I could possibly see Kyrie VOTED in.

Lowry was voted in last year but fell flat on his face in the 2nd half- hes playing well though.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well u had what it looked like was 7 back court guys if u had counted george is a back court guy- i just didnt understand

I mean-

Butler and Wall should definitely be all star back court guys- and might be the startes- all though I could possibly see Kyrie VOTED in.

Lowry was voted in last year but fell flat on his face in the 2nd half- hes playing well though.

I listed the 7 back court guys that Wade would be competing with this season for an all-star roster spot. There's always snubs, but those are the main guys I feel will be in contention for a spot.

I don't see Kyrie being voted in as he's expecting to be out until January, which only gives him a month of playing time where others will have a much more solid case. His name doesn't carry the same weight as Lebron's.

Lowry I feel is going to be really good since he dropped 20 lbs. in the offseason and he looks so damn fluid. I may actually take the Raptors seriously this go around given how much he's committed himself to getting better.

But I do agree with you, I do think that Butler and Wall will probably be voted in as starters. Wade could make it in as a starter, but that's based on popularity and name recognition. Otherwise, he's more likely a bench on the all-star roster.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you to whoever brought this thread back. I definitely think Whiteside will be an all-star this year.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you to whoever brought this thread back. I definitely think Whiteside will be an all-star this year.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are currently 6 players this season with 250+ minutes and a PER > 25...

1. Steph Curry
2. Blake Griffin
3. Russel Westbrook
4. Kevin Durant
5. LeBron James
6. Hassan Whiteside

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Better luck next year, maybe on another team though.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Better luck next year, maybe on another team though.

Not saying he deserved it, but it was impossible to happen if
Bosh was selected.
He was for sure in the discussion though.

As far as next year, you may be correct.

Wouldn't your dream be for him to be a Cav right about now?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying he deserved it, but it was impossible to happen if
Bosh was selected.
He was for sure in the discussion though.

As far as next year, you may be correct.

Wouldn't your dream be for him to be a Cav right about now?

JR and Whiteside. Not sure how that will be good, both good players but one is enough.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JR and Whiteside. Not sure how that will be good, both good players but one is enough.

They say a locker room can handle 1 knucklehead, just don't find a companion for them, so maybe your right.

Cavs have plenty of shooters.
Cavs don't have anything close to a Whiteside.