• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Hassan Whiteside Be An All Star Next Season?

Is Whiteside All Star Material?

• Total voters

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still 32 hours until an actual NBA game is played.
Let's kill some time with this.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted the middle option... but I'm pretty close to the middle of the 1st and 2nd answer. I wouldn't be shocked at all... I think he's shown enough to shake the sample size thing. I'm just not ready to go "Easily"

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted the middle option... but I'm pretty close to the middle of the 1st and 2nd answer. I wouldn't be shocked at all... I think he's shown enough to shake the sample size thing. I'm just not ready to go "Easily"

Same idea I have.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with this. Also teams will now have some tape of what he does and be able to prepare for his game and ways to take him out of it.
But if he keeps his head on straight and keeps working hard no reason he shouldn't be with his abilities.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I used "easily" as in, who is potentially more dominating in the East?

So, assuming his heads right , assuming he grows as a player from an off season and preseason working with the coaches/team..

Why isn't he on the all star team?

Are fans really lining up to vote for Gasol, Horford, Bosh or Millsap?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with this. Also teams will now have some tape of what he does and be able to prepare for his game and ways to take him out of it.
But if he keeps his head on straight and keeps working hard no reason he shouldn't be with his abilities.

How many teams/players can do that individually to him?
He can dunk without jumping.

If he's doubled, then he's doing his job in another form.

It means some team is trying to defend Wade, Dragic, Bosh and prob Deng 3 on 4.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't think he can be an All-Star.

Not because he can't play at an All-Star level....but the voting rules now really hurt the C position.

And there is already too many good centers in front of him.

Hell just look at the east all star roster. Now go look at Vucevic stat line from last year and understand that he didn't make the all star game.

Even if he plays at an all-star level, he isn't going to win the popularity contest that is the all star game voting.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang! You actually did make a topic out of it! Respect!

But I might as well give you my :2cents:

IF, and that's a fairly big IF, he has another full season playing like he did last year, then yes he may potentially make the all-star team in the future. Not next year though.

Fact of the matter is, the East has a significant lack of big men, so if you're looking for all-star votes, you don't have many guys to chose from.

But as it stands, Gasol, Millsap, Horford and Bosh are miles ahead of him. Both in player development and in popularity.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also we need a No way he makes it even if he ends up deserving it option in the poll.

Because I don't think he will implode but I also don't think there is any chance of him making it.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many teams/players can do that individually to him?
He can dunk without jumping.
But he has to be close enough to the hoop to dunk. Body him up further out and make him work to the hoop or take a shot that isn't a dunk. Yes, he's big, but that doesn't mean he automatically sets up in range to dunk. You don't have to be as tall as him to be as strong as him and keep him out of position.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And like Ducky said, removing the Center as its own vote means he has to compete with the forwards for an all-star slot. Tough for him to make it; definitely not an automatic.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang! You actually did make a topic out of it! Respect!

But I might as well give you my :2cents:

IF, and that's a fairly big IF, he has another full season playing like he did last year, then yes he may potentially make the all-star team in the future. Not next year though.

Fact of the matter is, the East has a significant lack of big men, so if you're looking for all-star votes, you don't have many guys to chose from.

But as it stands, Gasol, Millsap, Horford and Bosh are miles ahead of him. Both in player development and in popularity.

Disagree.
3 of the 4 weren't even voted in.
The all star game is a fun, exhibition.

We know potentially Whiteside has the talent.

We know for sure, that he is fun to watch with all the rebounds and blocked shots.

And Vucevic , come on?
I'm not saying he isn't talented, but he is far from fun to watch.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still 32 hours until an actual NBA game is played.
Let's kill some time with this.

:pound:...I don't remember you being a Warriors fan. Exactly when did you jump on their bandwagon? Fuckin' funny, a pissed off Heat fan now is a GS fan. Classic! Were you also a Celtics, Bulls & Hawks fan for a minute during the playoffs as well?:noidea:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And like Ducky said, removing the Center as its own vote means he has to compete with the forwards for an all-star slot. Tough for him to make it; definitely not an automatic.

And last years players were who I named.

Gasol, Milsap, Horford and Bosh.

The competition isn't that tough.

Not sure how many of you watched the Heat last year, but Heat fans were tuning in nightly, mainly to watch Whiteside.
He's fun to watch.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:...I don't remember you being a Warriors fan. Exactly when did you jump on their bandwagon? Fuckin' funny, a pissed off Heat fan now is a GS fan. Classic! Were you also a Celtics, Bulls & Hawks fan for a minute during the playoffs as well?:noidea:

I'm a Warrior fan for the next series, and yes I rooted for those other teams against the Cavs (but I knew they weren't winning).
Get over it. Most EVERYONE outside of Ohio is waving the same flag.

Also, get over the pissed off Heat fan.
Never was the case.
I couldn't stand James before he came. Its documented for years on CBS.
When he's a Heat player, I support him, like any other.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know potentially Whiteside has the talent.

We know for sure, that he is fun to watch with all the rebounds and blocked shots.

Possibly. Numerous NBA teams passed him over for a reason.

As for fun to watch... :noidea: that's debatable. You're a Heat fan, you'll probably say every one of your players is fun to watch. I'm a Lakers fan, I think Nick Young is fun to watch! Opinions vary.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude needs to develop some offensive game. Last season was just put-backs and lobs. He also needs to tone down his reactions on hard fouls. It's the NBA buddy. You can't be looking to take someone's head off every time there's a hard foul. Definitely curious to see how this guy progresses.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Vucevic , come on?
I'm not saying he isn't talented, but he is far from fun to watch.

The coaches would vote either Vucevic or Whiteside in. No chance either wins the fan vote. Remember the fan vote is only the starters. Everyone else is coaches vote. And Vucevic probably already has a handful of coaches that are going to automatically going to vote for him as long as he stays healthy and productive just because of how big of a snub he was this year.

Getting to the all star game and being a legit all star are two entirely different things.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude needs to develop some offensive game. Last season was just put-backs and lobs. .

You're a Laker fan and you just named Shaq's entire career. Efficiency is efficiency.