• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Hassan Whiteside Be An All Star Next Season?

Is Whiteside All Star Material?

• Total voters

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a Laker fan and you just named Shaq's entire career. Efficiency is efficiency.

I agree. I only can assume he means footwork, some good post moves, passing skills, etc.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a Laker fan and you just named Shaq's entire career. Efficiency is efficiency.

Shaq had low post moves. Even a nifty little baseline turnaround. Not a good comparison.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Warrior fan for the next series, and yes I rooted for those other teams against the Cavs (but I knew they weren't winning).
Get over it. Most EVERYONE outside of Ohio is waving the same flag.

Also, get over the pissed off Heat fan.
Never was the case.
I couldn't stand James before he came. Its documented for years on CBS.
When he's a Heat player, I support him, like any other.

Newsflash: I don't live in Ohio! You are as full of shit as Thumper is. You couldn't stand LeBron but don't tell me for a second you weren't happy when the Heatles got together. It must suck that your teams BEST player ever is actually LeBron & not Wade. You also said you'd rather have Michael Beasley than LeBron...just more bullshit from you. Rationalize your hurt feelings & hatred for LeBron anyway that makes you feel better though. NOBODY...ever would honestly say they'd rather have Beasley over LeBron. And you have said that more than once. You have hurt feelings that he went back to Cleveland, you just refuse to admit that.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And last years players were who I named.

Gasol, Milsap, Horford and Bosh.

The competition isn't that tough.

Not sure how many of you watched the Heat last year, but Heat fans were tuning in nightly, mainly to watch Whiteside.
He's fun to watch.

Gasol 18.5 PPG, 11.8 RPG, 1.9 BPG, Milsap 16.7 PPG, 7.8 RPG, 0.9 BPG, Horford 15.2 PPG, 7.2 RPG, 1.3 BPG and Bosh 21.1, 7.0, 0.6.

It is not automatic that he displaces any of these guys. Plus there is Noah who had a down year, Love, Drummond who put up better numbers than him, etc. It is not as easy pool to best as you make it sound. Not impossible, but not automatic even if he plays well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You agree that Shaq's offensive game was merely put-backs and lobs?

That's what he mostly did, but he was a well-polished all-around player and he did have moves and great footwork. This guy is nowhere near an All-Star considering we have only seen a small sample.

He did have that patented move, the left hook lol. And by hook I mean throwing those bows

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what he mostly did, but he was a well-polished all-around player and he did have moves and great footwork. This guy is nowhere near an All-Star considering we have only seen a small sample.

He did have that patented move, the left hook lol. And by hook I mean throwing those bows

The Lakers ran their offense through Shaq on the low post. He dominated the low post. It wasn't just put-backs and lobs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="Shaqdaddy11, post: 6709347, member: 7190"]Possibly. Numerous NBA teams passed him over for a reason.

As for fun to watch... :noidea: that's debatable. You're a Heat fan, you'll probably say every one of your players is fun to watch. I'm a Lakers fan, I think Nick Young is fun to watch! Opinions vary.[/QUOTE]

Bet they wished they hadn't now, and that includes the Heat 2 seasons ago.

And, no, it has nothing to do with the Heat.
I watch every team.
Plenty of great players spread throughout.
Very few dominating centers thought.
Whiteside IMO is one.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers ran their offense through Shaq on the low post. He dominated the low post. It wasn't just put-backs and lobs.

I know he dominated but mainly by strength. He bullied his way to lots and lots of dunks, alley-ops, putbacks, etc. Not to say they didnt run the offense through him and he didnt have post moves bc he didnt have a weakness at all except free throws lol

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he dominated but mainly by strength. He bullied his way to lots and lots of dunks, alley-ops, putbacks, etc. Not to say they didnt run the offense through him and he didnt have post moves bc he didnt have a weakness at all except free throws lol

Yes, he was able to dominate due to his size and strength. He was also very agile for his size. I'm failing to see how my description of Whiteside applies to Shaq though. You are not running an offense through Whiteside on the post. He doesn't have nearly the skills that Shaq had.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newsflash: I don't live in Ohio! You are as full of shit as Thumper is. You couldn't stand LeBron but don't tell me for a second you weren't happy when the Heatles got together. It must suck that your teams BEST player ever is actually LeBron & not Wade. You also said you'd rather have Michael Beasley than LeBron...just more bullshit from you. Rationalize your hurt feelings & hatred for LeBron anyway that makes you feel better though. NOBODY...ever would honestly say they'd rather have Beasley over LeBron. And you have said that more than once. You have hurt feelings that he went back to Cleveland, you just refuse to admit that.

I fully expected that James was coming. I did well, collected 30-1 odds on it (documented on CBS).
I knew it would be fun and exciting, and it was..but as the seasons passed, it became stale.
Again, all stuff I have said before, and well before he announced he was leaving.
Bottom line is I have more fun rooting against him then for him. He's a douche. I can't stand him.
I don't need or expect to compete for championships every season.
It's not realistic or expected by any true fan.
I'm cool with how the Heat handled last season. The end of the season roster was more then anyone expected.

Next, you might tell me how full of shit you think I am as far as Beasley, but that just shows how full of shit you really are.
ANYONE who knows me in real life, or has known me on these threads FOR YEARS, know that Beasley is my guy.
He was working out at the AAA yesterday.
It's still very unclear whether they bring him back or not, though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L
See what happens when we get bored

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean when Heat fans get bored. I've enjoyed the playoffs thoroughly! Some people are just butthurt their team went from NBA finalists to the lottery!

Nothing to do with bored, you suggested it.

Meanwhile, every single person who has chimed in feels he has a legit chance.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expected that James was coming. I did well, collected 30-1 odds on it (documented on CBS).
I knew it would be fun and exciting, and it was..but as the seasons passed, it became stale.
Again, all stuff I have said before, and well before he announced he was leaving.
Bottom line is I have more fun rooting against him then for him. He's a douche. I can't stand him.
I don't need or expect to compete for championships every season.
It's not realistic or expected by any true fan.
I'm cool with how the Heat handled last season. The end of the season roster was more then anyone expected.

Next, you might tell me how full of shit you think I am as far as Beasley, but that just shows how full of shit you really are.
ANYONE who knows me in real life, or has known me on these threads FOR YEARS, know that Beasley is my guy.
He was working out at the AAA yesterday.
It's still very unclear whether they bring him back or not, though.

Okay you win, my bad! You gotta be the only NBA fan in the world that would rather have Beasley over LeBron. I still don't believe you though. Anyway...enjoy the Finals!

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was a different game back then. If Shaq came into the league two years ago, he isn't a 20ppg player. Hardly any teams want to post players up any longer no matter how efficient they are at it.

And Whiteside is a perfect example. He converted on 61% of his post up tries last year. And yet the Heat never went to him in that spot. Because of his enormous length, Whiteside is almost impossible to slow down if he is able to seal on the block. Just like Shaq his post game is far from pretty but it is still pretty effective simply due to his sheer size and strength advantage over the players guarding him.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a different game back then. If Shaq came into the league two years ago, he isn't a 20ppg player. Hardly any teams want to post players up any longer no matter how efficient they are at it.

And Whiteside is a perfect example. He converted on 61% of his post up tries last year. And yet the Heat never went to him in that spot. Because of his enormous length, Whiteside is almost impossible to slow down if he is able to seal on the block. Just like Shaq his post game is far from pretty but it is still pretty effective simply due to his sheer size and strength advantage over the players guarding him.

Maybe I didn't watch enough of Whiteside, but I didn't see much posting up happening with him.

If you had prime Shaq in today's game, you would definitely use him the same way. You can still be successful in today's game running an inside-out offense through a dominating low post player. Easily still a 20ppg player.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I didn't watch enough of Whiteside, but I didn't see much posting up happening with him.

If you had prime Shaq in today's game, you would definitely use him the same way. You can still be successful in today's game running an inside-out offense through a dominating low post player. Easily still a 20ppg player.

I'm telling you there are plenty of coaches that simply wouldn't post Shaq up as a main part of their offense if they had him on their team. No one wants to play that way anymore. Too much standing around. Not enough involvement from other players. Kills pace.

I'm still really curious for the draft to get here and see if Okafor really does go #1 or #2. If my wolves pass on him and take Townes (that is what they should do) , I really think your Lakers will be in an hell of an interesting situation. They can take Okafor and team him with Randle. But it would mean that they would be stuck running offensive sets that are 10 years past their prime as their permanent offense and have zero in the way of spacing on the floor. They would be a throwback team with him. Or they can take Russell and run a modern offense with a super-natural playmaker running the show. I really don't think that the top 2 playres in this draft are as set in stone as people think and a large reason for that is no one wants to run a post up, slow tempo offense anymore.