• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Bevell

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how many times has Wilson taken a sack he shouldn't have holding the ball too long - or even how many of his Houdini acts came from him messing up the read/play. Who knows? Who cares? The thing is that we have a top ten offense designed to compliment our #1 defense, that's what Pete wants, and that's what Bevell gives us.

Watch the all 22 on NFL.com and you'll see why he's getting creamed. Guys either have their backs to him because the routes are so slow to develop or they just sit in the coverage waiting for a scramble drill or something.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You what all this Bevell hate is about. Envy. Some posters want to see a Packer type offense for the Seahawks. Might happen down the road, might not. Right now Pete wants a time chewing offense, he's made it a bit hard to do by going cheap on the OL, but he feels the Seahawks can pull it off. They already have.

I have no envy for Bevell and I won't make this personal either. I just want to see a QB that I think can be one of the best in the league be given the opportunity to achieve that. That's all I'm asking for.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the all 22 on NFL.com and you'll see why he's getting creamed. Guys either have their backs to him because the routes are so slow to develop or they just sit in the coverage waiting for a scramble drill or something.
Go watch the Graham touch down play. Might open your eyes, the play was designed to go to Baldwin and he was open, but a wall of defenders rushing him and the guys blocking him, made it impossible for him to see Baldwin. The play wasn't slow to develop and nobody was standing around. Listening to Pete a lot of plays fail because RW moves off his spot and that blows up the opening to pass to receivers that are flashing open.

I'll take Pete word on this.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how many times has Wilson taken a sack he shouldn't have holding the ball too long - or even how many of his Houdini acts came from him messing up the read/play. Who knows? Who cares? The thing is that we have a top ten offense designed to compliment our #1 defense, that's what Pete wants, and that's what Bevell gives us.

Why do we keep calling the read option when it's clear the guy making the decision doesn't want to keep it? Doesn't that defeat the purpose? And when you know that the o-line is sub-par, don't you think that giving defenders the same point of attack either way maybe is a bad idea?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no envy for Bevell and I won't make this personal either. I just want to see a QB that I think can be one of the best in the league be given the opportunity to achieve that. That's all I'm asking for.
When I said envy I was referring to posters wishing the Seahawks had the Oackers offense.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go watch the Graham touch down play. Might open your eyes, the play was designed to go to Baldwin and he was open, but a wall of defenders rushing him and the guys blocking him, made it impossible for him to see Baldwin. The play wasn't slow to develop and nobody was standing around. Listening to Pete a lot of plays fail because RW moves off his spot and that blows up the opening to pass to receivers that are flashing open.

And Graham was actually running an aggressive route attacking middle of the field, which is why he has his fat contract. We don't run those routes nearly enough. You don't make the money Graham does by running stupid out routes, sitting down in the zone in case the scramble drill breaks out, or block. This is what I've been saying just about every game. Teams are begging us to attack the seam and we don't do it. When we finally do, things open up.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Pete is just a Bevell fan"

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's not what Bevell gives us. That's what Wilson and Lynch give us.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do we keep calling the read option when it's clear the guy making the decision doesn't want to keep it? Doesn't that defeat the purpose? And when you know that the o-line is sub-par, don't you think that giving defenders the same point of attack either way maybe is a bad idea?

Sonny already explained the advantages for this. It give s Lynch the ability to pick his holes rather then counting on a hole opening up as designed. Given the talent on the OL that makes sense.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done with this topic. I appreciate everyone keeping this civil and I'm pretty sure everyone knows my opinion at this point so I'll give it a rest. Everyone wants to see the same thing for this team.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The transition to a more balanced offense began in week one. And it's going to take some growing pains. New lineman, New receivers, New RB this week, on top of a role change for the QB. They're going to get it right. It may be conservative until then, but I'd rather them do it right than rush it start turning the ball over.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done with this topic. I appreciate everyone keeping this civil and I'm pretty sure everyone knows my opinion at this point so I'll give it a rest. Everyone wants to see the same thing for this team.
:suds:

Yes I love the fact that we can argue but be civil. Starting out 0-2 is stressful for fans.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't happening with Wilson right now. He's got one hand tied behind his back

How do you know that. How do you know Russell's just not being conservative at times?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my criticisms of Bevell and Pete is the reluctance to use a more traditional screen game. I dunno why that is. All we seem to do is the bubble screens to WR's.

Swinging to RB's out of the backfield isn't in our repertoire. Would be a good question to get one of the radio guys to ask.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe it's because I got to watch Flutie play up here, but barring catastrophic injury, we get a LOT of years still to watch Russ develop. Flutie started out doing 'WTF?' things with his legs too, and while that always stayed part of his game, he certainly stayed more in the pocket later in his career.

I don't see any reason why Wilson won't do the same. He's got that same kind of football IQ.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my criticisms of Bevell and Pete is the reluctance to use a more traditional screen game. I dunno why that is. All we seem to do is the bubble screens to WR's.

Swinging to RB's out of the backfield isn't in our repertoire. Would be a good question to get one of the radio guys to ask.

My guess is it puts too many bodies in the area and makes Russ uncomfortable. Wilson has said he won't throw the pass unless he can see both his receiver AND the defender covering his receiver.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving on probably is a good idea.

Go Hawks.