• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Bevell

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham had a decent game.

But, the game went as i said it would. we struggled in the first half and scored 1 offensive td. Still cannot score in the redzone and still have trouble converting 3rd down.

If you are happy with 4 field goals and 1 td then congrats, watching bevell for 4 years has lowered your expectations to an absurdly low level.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noted Mr. Cranky-pants.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham had a decent game.

But, the game went as i said it would. we struggled in the first half and scored 1 offensive td. Still cannot score in the redzone and still have trouble converting 3rd down.

If you are happy with 4 field goals and 1 td then congrats, watching bevell for 4 years has lowered your expectations to an absurdly low level.

What level is that? The highest level in team history? Name any other 4 year period where the Seahawks have averaged 24.6 PPG. I'll give you a hint, the only other time they were close was from 2002-2005 when they averaged 24.5 PPG. If the team maintains their current average for this season, then Bevell's time as offensive coordinator will have been by far the most successful in team history. I don't know what kind of offense you've been watching, but the last four years is the best streak of offenses we've had - especially the last 3.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would much rather have them fire Cable. After watching many of the games today and hearing announcers gush over rookie linemen and how well they are being taught on other teams it just made me sick. They even showed a clip of where a rookie 4th round Center and his left guard also a rookie just played lights out. I forget what team it was but they explained that when you watched them you could see how well taught they were. Thats something we can not see on the Hawks.

I am SORRY you guys but Cable is a bum and our line has NEVER improved under him it has only regressed EVEN our best Olineman ( Okung ) Has Regressed. He is a bum, a Joke ahack living off a couple of "ok" seasons from Oakland. Time to move on or we will never see a top 20 let alone a top 15 Oline. Cable is only surviving because of the beast that Marshawn is and the Fact that Russell can make even the Best Dlineman look stupid.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What level is that? The highest level in team history? Name any other 4 year period where the Seahawks have averaged 24.6 PPG. I'll give you a hint, the only other time they were close was from 2002-2005 when they averaged 24.5 PPG. If the team maintains their current average for this season, then Bevell's time as offensive coordinator will have been by far the most successful in team history. I don't know what kind of offense you've been watching, but the last four years is the best streak of offenses we've had - especially the last 3.

Dont take it personally. The fact is we scored 19 offensive points against probably a bottom 5 defens AT HOME.

Bevell proved again he cant score tds in the redzone, cant convert third and short, and generally cannot call an early offensive game.

If 19 points at home againts a team that will be picking top 5 makes you happy, then yes the bar is set at ground level.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first half was troubling but it got better in the 2nd. Rawls looked pretty good and went over 100 on only 16 carries. Graham also was a big factor. Definitely room for improvement but it wasn't a failure.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of you guys want to fire guys purely for the sake of firing them.

We have two trips into the red zone. One was cut short by the half. I fail to see how that is evidence of anything.

This game reminded me of the Giants game last year. We didn't do anything exceptional but the result wasn't ever in question.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of you guys want to fire guys purely for the sake of firing them.

We have two trips into the red zone. One was cut short by the half. I fail to see how that is evidence of anything.

This game reminded me of the Giants game last year. We didn't do anything exceptional but the result wasn't ever in question.
Fans get upset at coaches who don't do what they want. And then if the result is bad on top of it, there's no telling them anything.

The Bears just didnt even seem to really try to win this game. Something like 63 passing yards, and their offensive strategy was just beef up the run blocking to the max and try to not get totally blown out by running on nearly every down and no turnovers.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont take it personally. The fact is we scored 19 offensive points against probably a bottom 5 defens AT HOME.

Bevell proved again he cant score tds in the redzone, cant convert third and short, and generally cannot call an early offensive game.

If 19 points at home againts a team that will be picking top 5 makes you happy, then yes the bar is set at ground level.

No doubt...

Shame on Bevell for dropping that deep pass to T.Lockett in the end zone that would've resulted in a TD...

Shame on Bevell for dropping that perfectly thrown ball 20 yards down field to R. Lockett in that first half that would've possibly ended in a TD...

Shame on Bevell for dropping that beautifully executed screen pass to Rawls out on the flat that would've resulted in 20+ yards & a 1st down...

Shame on Bevell for making Okung hold on a play that resulted in a 1st down... Instead Bevell ineptness, forcing Okung to hold, made it 3rd and 13 instead of 1st down...

Shame on Bevell for Jimmy Graham not being able to block the DE and for RW not seeing that and helping his TE out more by rolling out. Instead, it resulted in a sack...

Shame on Bevell for calling the plays that resulted in our only 100 yard rusher this season... He did a terrible job giving a undrafted rookie an opportunity to succeed...

Point is, you are only watching the bad and have some kind of agenda to blame Bevell for EVERYTHING wrong w/ this team... BUT it's tough to execute each play to it's fullest when our OL isn't doing their job and RW isn't making smarter decisions at times... Some people forget at times that RW isn't perfect - he does make bad decisions at times...

Our players aren't executing the plays called... It's not always Bevells fault...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then which players would you cut?

Ultimately failure to execute falls on the coaching staff. Like i have said repeaetedly, this is nothing new. Under bevell we always start slow, always suck in the redzone, and always struggle on third down.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt...

Shame on Bevell for Jimmy Graham not being able to block the DE and for RW not seeing that and helping his TE out more by rolling out. Instead, it resulted in a sack...

That one is in large part on Bevell.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ultimately failure to execute falls on the coaching staff. Like i have said repeaetedly, this is nothing new. Under bevell we always start slow, always suck in the redzone, and always struggle on third down.

Why do you feel we need to make massive changes? We win the next 2 games and we are at the exact same position as we were last year at that point. The team has been to back to back Super Bowls. Why are you demanding that we change things?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well - since we're talking about failure to execute, let's start with:

Russell Wilson - As the field general of the offense, he should be given equal amounts of blame for any offensive woes as he is given credit for offensive success. His passes are generally too high, he holds the ball too long and he hasn't been able to capitalize on his star weapon.

Jimmy Graham - How dare the Seahawks run a play in the red zone where he doesn't have at least an 8 inch advantage over the DB covering him? I mean what are they expecting - him to actually go up and get to the ball before his much smaller defender? And let's not forget, he's here to help the red zone offense, and he just isn't getting it done with only 1 success in his 7 targets in the red zone this season.

Chris Matthews - Same as Graham. Who cares if the ball wasn't well thrown, it's his job to get it and to let some guy 4 inches shorter and 40 pounds lighter come in and just disrupt that pass is just plain terrible on his part.

The entire OL - Who needs some offensive line that needs to learn how to do their jobs. They just grow on trees anyway. Since we've had such great success with Utah State players, let's just take their entire line from 2013. LT Kevin Wimpey LG Kyle Wimpey C Tyler Larsen RG Jamie Markosian RT Eric Schultz. Who really cares if Larsen is the only one to even see a NFL training camp (Schultz was invited to Seahawks rookie mini camp!!!), I am sure they could do so much better than what we have - without even having to learn the offense, I mean, the offensive line is just a bunch of faceless fat men anyway.

Doug Baldwin - Too short, too slow and honestly why would they ever run him on anything other than a curl.

Jermaine Kearse - Since everyone else is already getting cut, and Lockett is the only receiver worth keeping, just ditch Kearse for whatever bum on the street is willing to risk a concussion.

Marshawn Lynch - He's old, slow and possibly injured. He just isn't breaking the tackles he used to. Why pay him so much to be here if he can't drag 5 guys for consistent 10 yard gains.

Pete Carroll - His game plans are too conservative and boring. What's the point in winning if you can't win with some flare. The 2007 Patriots had it right - show no mercy. Score 35 on your opponents every game - and the defense should still be able to hold opponents to less than 200 yards.

John Schneider - He's too incompetent to get players who can actually do their jobs. What point is a GM if the team isn't putting up 450 yards and 40 points, EVERY GAME! He's just been riding the coat tails of Paul Allen's success anyway. I mean, he was too incompetent to realize that Percy Harvin was going to implode and that Golden Tate was God's gift to Seattle (and he kept his QB happy with all his offensive prowess and his QB's wife happy in other ways).

Well, that's just for starters, I'm sure just about every other offensive player not named Lockett should also get a pink slip - but I am just gonna leave it there.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been pretty specific, but if you want numbers graham should have more than 1 catch for 11 yards.
Your blame should be focused on Russell for that, yet you blame Bevell due to blindness.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - since we're talking about failure to execute, let's start with:

John Schneider - He's too incompetent to get players who can actually do their jobs. What point is a GM if the team isn't putting up 450 yards and 40 points, EVERY GAME! He's just been riding the coat tails of Paul Allen's success anyway. I mean, he was too incompetent to realize that Percy Harvin was going to implode and that Golden Tate was God's gift to Seattle (and he kept his QB happy with all his offensive prowess and his QB's wife happy in other ways).

Well, that's just for starters, I'm sure just about every other offensive player not named Lockett should also get a pink slip - but I am just gonna leave it there.

aaaannnnnnddddd who hired Schneider? Yep, time for some new ownership. Any bum of an owner can get three NFC titles and a Lombardi. Over rated billionaire.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never understand the love affair with bevell. Blame everyone but him seems to be the mantra here.

The fact is, this is his offense. If it fails repeatedly, players fail to execute repeatedly, the same problems occur over and over and over again it falls on the coaching.

You can pinpoint two plays in the redzone and pick it apart all you want. It will not change the FACT that our redzone offense has been putrid under bevell.

Its as if you have all forgotten the superbowl and the universally regarded worst playcall of all time.