• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Bevell

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin did not run the route, he was too slow to get to the ball. The qb needs to be able to put a little extra on it and you need faster or taller wrs that can go and get it. Baldwin just isnt that guy, that is not his skillset.

Most deep passes he has caught were the result of broken plays and wilson buying time, not routes as called.

I dunno where you get the idea that Baldwin is 'slow.' He's not. He's not got the wheels of a Lockett, but he's not slow.

He'd have had to have been 12 feet tall to catch that pass.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a problem that Baldwin ran that route. More consistent deep threats are going to be covered differently on that play.

I will say that going back and looking at the all-22, there are a LOT of useless 1-2 yard short out routes from Jimmy and a lot of deep outs. Not as much attacking the seam as I would have expected.

Ned_Merrill

Qui n’avance pas, recule
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great discussion guys. I am seriously lacking when it comes to technical knowledge, and ALL of these comments are fascinating to me. Cheers!

Ned_Merrill

Qui n’avance pas, recule
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bum on the corner could do as good of a job as he is. He's not the guy for this team.
Mike Martz always dresses down to attend NFL games. He was just waiting for a cab back to the Sheraton when you saw him.
Mike Martz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seriously, this guy was fired by 3 teams after being acclaimed as a genius. The success (or lack thereof) of an NFL offense depends on so many moving parts that it sometimes becomes an easy fix to can the OC for reasons entirely out of his control. I am no fan of Bevell either, but he is not the one wearing the pads. (Don't start. I LOVE Russ. Just trying to make a point.)

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get me wrong i like baldwin but he has no business running that route. He should be doing hooks and finding soft spots in the zone, not going deep. Thats how he lead our team in catches his rookie year. Under a different oc btw.
I thought Bevell and Baldwin joined the team at the same time in the 2011 season???

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand corrected, I was melding carlson's rookie year with baldwin's, both led the team in catches.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its needs to be asked: Is Bevell a product of Beastmode, Wilson, & the LOB? Could you literally swap him out with anyone and see the same or better results on the offense? I'm man enough to admit I don't honestly know. I never played football aside from playing around the neighborhood when I was a kid and Madden lol

Posters with more football acumen than me could give a better breakdown on Bevell's coaching abilities. I like him well enough as a person I suppose.

But but..

I just don't agree with the Ultra conservative play calling on the offense side this season. We literally have Jimmy Graham now, and a rising star in Lockett. Beastmode is still here, and Wilson is only getting better.

An offensive coordinator with the above personal should be able to scheme some pretty cool stuff.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its needs to be asked: Is Bevell a product of Beastmode, Wilson, & the LOB? Could you literally swap him out with anyone and see the same or better results on the offense? I'm man enough to admit I don't honestly know. I never played football aside from playing around the neighborhood when I was a kid and Madden lol

Posters with more football acumen than me could give a better breakdown on Bevell's coaching abilities. I like him well enough as a person I suppose.

But but..

I just don't agree with the Ultra conservative play calling on the offense side this season. We literally have Jimmy Graham now, and a rising star in Lockett. Beastmode is still here, and Wilson is only getting better.

An offensive coordinator with the above personal should be able to scheme some pretty cool stuff.

I don't have the knowledge to say that Bevell could be a Sean Payton (is Payton made by Brees?)

But so long as Pete is running the show, I don't see anything but small incremental increases in the passing that we do. Pete has his belief system, and he seems to stick with it pretty much. Run, play D, and take some shots downfield.

Will be interesting to see how long Carroll decides to coach. Schneider seems like he should have the GM spot locked down for another 20 years (he's in him mid 40's), so in theory if Pete coaches another four or five years, then Schneider and Allen look for an A list coach to take over (or promote from within?) Possibly at that point, in the last five or six years of Wilson's career, they could really change what they do.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have the knowledge to say that Bevell could be a Sean Payton (is Payton made by Brees?)

Who knows but his offense is definitely struggling with the vacancy of Jimmy Graham...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But so long as Pete is running the show, I don't see anything but small incremental increases in the passing that we do. Pete has his belief system, and he seems to stick with it pretty much. Run, play D, and take some shots downfield.

Will be interesting to see how long Carroll decides to coach. Schneider seems like he should have the GM spot locked down for another 20 years (he's in him mid 40's), so in theory if Pete coaches another four or five years, then Schneider and Allen look for an A list coach to take over (or promote from within?) Possibly at that point, in the last five or six years of Wilson's career, they could really change what they do.
Mmm reminds of a discussion early on in the Pete era. You know as a college coach Pete had some good passing offenses. He likes the run game, but he can make a pass game work also. Once Lynch is done we might just see this team become a passing team. Pete believes in using the strength of the team he has.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many really good (perennial pro bowl or HOF level) players didn't have good coaches and vice versa? It's a symbiotic relationship.

Go check out Lynch's rushing numbers before he started playing for Bevell. You can also identify the jump once he teamed up with RW, so maybe you can spread that around even thinner if you want.

We constantly talk about (and hear about) how terrible our OL is, yet we maintain the #1 rushing attack in the league have a 100 passer rating QB with no top receivers. At some point this guy has to get some credit for a sustained level of success with what I would call pretty mediocre offensive talent at the skill positions.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmm reminds of a discussion early on in the Pete era. You know as a college coach Pete had some good passing offenses. He likes the run game, but he can make a pass game work also. Once Lynch is done we might just see this team become a passing team. Pete believes in using the strength of the team he has.

Yeah, fair enough. He's definitely not close-minded (all the emphasis on culture and positive reinforcement etc), so I guess I shouldn't write off his ability to change things.

We'll see! :)

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many really good (perennial pro bowl or HOF level) players didn't have good coaches and vice versa? It's a symbiotic relationship.

Go check out Lynch's rushing numbers before he started playing for Bevell. You can also identify the jump once he teamed up with RW, so maybe you can spread that around even thinner if you want.

We constantly talk about (and hear about) how terrible our OL is, yet we maintain the #1 rushing attack in the league have a 100 passer rating QB with no top receivers. At some point this guy has to get some credit for a sustained level of success with what I would call pretty mediocre offensive talent at the skill positions.

When you have a QB that can rush for 800 yards you are going to have a top run game statistically. But you cannot look at statistics and judge bevell. You have to watch the games. If you could sit and take in every game in the bevell era you would see a defined pattern of struggle and mediocrity, and it continues this year.

I know the general attitude for the upcoming game is that we will blow them out. But I am warning everyone, this offense will struggle against the bears D even though its not a good defense. They have consistently struggled against teams that were supposed to have bad defenses, EVEN AT HOME.

tampa, jacksonville, the raiders last year all games that looked way harder than they should have been. those are just ones off the top of my head.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have a QB that can rush for 800 yards you are going to have a top run game statistically. But you cannot look at statistics and judge bevell. You have to watch the games. If you could sit and take in every game in the bevell era you would see a defined pattern of struggle and mediocrity, and it continues this year.

I know the general attitude for the upcoming game is that we will blow them out. But I am warning everyone, this offense will struggle against the bears D even though its not a good defense. They have consistently struggled against teams that were supposed to have bad defenses, EVEN AT HOME.

tampa, jacksonville, the raiders last year all games that looked way harder than they should have been. those are just ones off the top of my head.

You know I kind of think this will be closer then it should be, because the Seahawks do tend to play down to the competition. Doesn't matter, what matters is a win and improvement in all phases, mostly hoping to see the OL improve and getting Grahan involved . The Seahawks accomplish that and win, I'll be happy.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They had some great offensive coordinators at USC and PC was happy to let them do their thing. I don't seem to see him giving the same sort of control to Bevell. The frustrating thing is that when they need to open it up and let Wilson do his thing they're able to. Look at the ridiculous 30 second drive to end the first half of the Super Bowl. That was sick. Give Wilson the same playbook the entire game instead of being so paranoid about turning it over. We were way down at half against the Rams last season and he turned it on and went for 300/100. We're paying the guy 20+ million a year. Let him win or lose games instead of banking that he can clean up the mess at the end.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for the warning. I'll be on the look out for that today while I'm at the game watching us beat the brakes off the Bears.

So what will it take for you to not come in here after the game and proclaim being correct? 1000 yards on offense? Gotta score a TD every possession?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
either your reading comprehension skills are that of a 6th grader or you are being facetious.

what i dont want to see is bubbles screens in the first series, i dont want to see failure in the redzone, i dont want to be asking "where the fuck is graham?" halfway through the game. i dont want to see piss poor play calling on 3rd down.

im not doubting that we will win the game, but i dont see it being 34-6. i could be wrong, but my gut says it will be more like 23-13.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
either your reading comprehension skills are that of a 6th grader or you are being facetious.

what i dont want to see is bubbles screens in the first series, i dont want to see failure in the redzone, i dont want to be asking "where the fuck is graham?" halfway through the game. i dont want to see piss poor play calling on 3rd down.

im not doubting that we will win the game, but i dont see it being 34-6. i could be wrong, but my gut says it will be more like 23-13.
Well you're the one who is saying the offense is going to struggle today. So let's put some numbers against it as opposed to leaving it subjective. Not that tough and not asking a whole lot here.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been pretty specific, but if you want numbers graham should have more than 1 catch for 11 yards.