• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Camp will open the 28th

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah yeah yeah...All I gotta say is:

Please God let him play against us this year.

You know what will happen.

I know what will happen.

Just because the Raiders, Giants, Vikings who couldn't score and always lose at Soldier Field, and, of course, the Lions, in all their NFL glory, didn't destroy Daniel and he put up reasonable "stats?" Whatever. That dude has zero chance against any decent team unless we basically shut them out...which means you're tolling a death bell if you start him vs one.

What? The Vikings won 10 games and a playoff game at New Orleans.

Also, a backup isn't supposed to beat marquee teams. Those are rare instances. He's supposed to give you a shot. He did that in each game; if not more than that. We lost the NYG game because our D decided to have their worst of the season. He posted 27 on the scoreboard. One of our better outputs of the past two seasons. All a backup can do.

Daniel's numbers were also the same in his starts with KC and PHI. Which he also split.

The majority of teams would improve their backup situation with Chase Daniel. Period.

Your obsession with Daniel is an odd one. It's even more odd that you evaluate him as if he is a starter. I just don't understand where it comes from. He's such a non-villain in our story line. In fact, we may have been a playoff team had he been our starter last season.

There is nothing to suggest he was anything other than a solid backup QB (BACKUP... emphasis on BACKUP). Stop. You know it. I know it. It's a silly position.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's because you're clueless. You've displayed your "cluelessness" repeatedly in this forum so it fits your old grey narrative.

Yeah...like that time I called a downfield pass a checkdown and then tried to defend it and then asked other people to define what a checkdown is.

No wait....that was you. Sorry. Carry on.

Yes i strongly vehemently believe Nagy trusted Trubs last year. He trusted Trubs with the entire playbook. He trusted Trubs to make audibles. He trusted Trubs so much that Trubs barely played a snap in preseason to keep Trubs healthy. After a good rookie year, only a retard would think Nagy didn't trust Trubs at all last year.

The season before last Nagy admitted to scaling down the playbook for Trubisky. And the playbook didn't change much last year from what I was watching.

Also some of the audibles come from the headset before the clock cuts it off. Nagy has been critical of Mitch's pre and post snap decisions as well.

When did Mitch have a good rookie year? You do realize that 2018 was not his rookie year, yes? That's the second time you worded it to make me think you do think it was.

I never said you're being dramatic dumb dumb.

(rolls eyes)

I said you're stupid.

Yeah but you're ugly. And fat. We've established this.

You're about as dumb as it gets.

Says that guy that thinks the year before last was Trubisky's rookie season.

Checkdown! Wait....no....checkmate!

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, we may have been a playoff team had he been our starter last season.

giphy.gif

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and it appears that the first two pre-season games could be chopped out.

Honestly, I'm fine with this. I hate the pre-season and spend the entirety of it holding my breath hoping no one gets injured. This should give the starters one dress rehearsal type of game which will also be paramount towards positional battles. Then, I would imagine the other would be in the form of what is typically your 4th pre-season game. Where final roster determinations will be made.

Also, every team loses these pre-season game reps. So, it's not like anyone will be at a disadvantage.

The only downside, IMO, is this occurring in a season where we have a QB competition. Which is sort of the one thing about a pre-season that has the potential to be exciting. The majority of that battle will take place during practice reps.
Will the start of the season be with or without fans? NASCAR and golf looks pretty sad without people.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the start of the season be with or without fans? NASCAR and golf looks pretty sad without people.

It is rumored that Goodell still wants fans.

My guess is that it will be limited capacity like many baseball teams are doing. The White Sox are allowing 20% capacity. Perhaps that is what football will be.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is rumored that Goodell still wants fans.

My guess is that it will be limited capacity like many baseball teams are doing. The White Sox are allowing 20% capacity. Perhaps that is what football will be.
With baseball, you'll hardly notice. Huge empty seats most of the time during the regular season. Football will look pretty bad with 20%. I guess a cup of beer will go to $50

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With baseball, you'll hardly notice. Huge empty seats most of the time during the regular season. Football will look pretty bad with 20%. I guess a cup of beer will go to $50

There's word that the NFL is going to sell off the unavailable seats to sponsors in order to salvage some of their losses.

For example; a Pepsi advertisement covering the tarp on an unavailable section of seats.

It won't look good... but I've watched the Bears play at places like Jacksonville or Miami during a bad season for those teams where they had very little in the stands. They played at Cleveland late in some really, really bad seasons for the Browns during cold weather games. There was probably 1/3 of capacity there. Once the game got going? I really didn't notice.

It will be a site for sore eyes but once they start playing the game? I doubt it's something I'll think about.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's word that the NFL is going to sell off the unavailable seats to sponsors in order to salvage some of their losses.

For example; a Pepsi advertisement covering the tarp on an unavailable section of seats.

It won't look good... but I've watched the Bears play at places like Jacksonville or Miami during a bad season for those teams where they had very little in the stands. They played at Cleveland late in some really, really bad seasons for the Browns during cold weather games. There was probably 1/3 of capacity there. Once the game got going? I really didn't notice.

It will be a site for sore eyes but once they start playing the game? I doubt it's something I'll think about.
Can't wait to see a big McDonald's logo in the end zone and a Trojan Condoms logo at center field.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...like that time I called a downfield pass a checkdown and then tried to defend it and then asked other people to define what a checkdown is.

No wait....that was you. Sorry. Carry on.

Keep making stuff up, it won't help your cause.

No. Kinda like you who've said:
* Ownership doesn't care if we win
* Game is already over
* Even though coaches gave up on Trubs, they don't want to hurt his feelings--truly epic reasoning skills.

The season before last Nagy admitted to scaling down the playbook for Trubisky. And the playbook didn't change much last year from what I was watching.

From what YOU were watching? Who gives a shit. lol. That means absolutely nothing because your old and clueless.

Also some of the audibles come from the headset before the clock cuts it off. Nagy has been critical of Mitch's pre and post snap decisions as well.

Keyword being "SOME". Why not all? If Nagy really had no confidence in Trubs, why not ALL grey pubes?

When did Mitch have a good rookie year? You do realize that 2018 was not his rookie year, yes? That's the second time you worded it to make me think you do think it was.

You didn't think he had a good rookie year? A couple years before last, happy? Geezus. Let me spell check this entire thread bc i'm sure you'll hit me up on that too next. When you got nothing, you tend to grasp straws.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

* Game is already over
* Even though coaches gave up on Trubs, they don't want to hurt his feelings--truly epic reasoning skills.

From what YOU were watching? Who gives a shit. lol. That means absolutely nothing because your old and clueless.

Keyword being "SOME". Why not all? If Nagy really had no confidence in Trubs, why not ALL grey pubes?

You didn't think he had a good rookie year? A couple years before last, happy? Geezus. Let me spell check this entire thread bc i'm sure you'll hit me up on that too next. When you got nothing, you tend to grasp straws.

Mitch's rookie year saw him go 4-8 (despite a top 10 D in terms of both yardage and scoring) with 7 TD's 7 INT's 6.6 Y/A 59% CMP and a 77.5 Rating

He had 2-3 good rock solid games but it was mostly growing pains. With more emphasis on "pains".

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Daniel could have easily navigated two of the games that Mitch gave away. Which would have notched us a playoff spot. Most notably vs LAC where we had a two score lead in the 4th quarter before Mitch went INT and fumble on back-to-back drives. Then, we look up and are magically losing a game where we out gained our opponent 350-196.

Daniel demonstrated that he could play within the offense, make the throws he had to, and Nagy even acknowledged that Daniel allowed him to use the full playbook. Where he had to keep the training wheels on for Mitch.

Daniel would have by ZERO, ZERO means led us to be a "good" offense. Probably not even an average one. However, he would have helped to avoid handing games away and would have made the throws which were there. Which is all we would have had to do in order to accumulate 10 wins.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% guaranteed if Nick Foles was our backup last year and not Chase Daniel, you wouldn't be talking about trust right now because Mitch would have lost his job somewhere in the middle of the season. There's no overdramatization. He would have been benched. His only saving grace is that (1) his backup was horrendous and (2) we have him for one more year on a rookie contract...The latter meaning he would not be a Bear right now if that wasn't the case.
Sure if were pretending Foles would have done well with bad coaching, no run game and no TE to dump too. Foles would have stunk and Mitch would have gotten the job back.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, so that whole checkdown thing never happened? Cool.

* Game is already over

They don't.
Angry, drunk fan talking on a game thread. Yeah...no one ever says stupid stuff on those, right?
Not his feelings, moron, his confidence. There's a difference. And if you think coaches don't consider players emotions and confidence levels....well, I don't know. I'd have to question that genius label.

Again...coming from a guy that thinks a long pass is a checkdown. And has quoted me for things I haven't said. And can't remember what thread he is even in half the time.

You're not exactly an expert chucko.

Because unless you're Mike Martz.....audibles are a part of the game.

And news flash dumb dumb....audibles are a part of Nagy's playcalling. He calls in a play presnap....and Mitch's instructions are to run that play unless he sees something in the defense that dictates they would run another play. And the audibles are based on formation...so if a pass is called and you audible to a run...it's a run that designed to be done from that formation off of whatever the pass play was.

These are Peyton Manning type audibles we are talking about. These are scripted, in play audibles.

Welcome to football.

Congratulations on figuring out when his rookie year was. You get a cookie, fatso. But just one. Diabetes and all.

In 2017 Mitch started 12 games and completed 59% of his passes with 7 touchdowns and 7 picks. With a YPA of 6.6. 183 yards per game in the air.

For a 16 game season that equates to 2924 yards, 9 touchdowns, 9 giveaways. Is that good? Because I feel like that's not good. But apparently I'm dumb and you're smart. So please correct me.

You could spell every single word correct in every single post and you'd still be an overweight simpleton. Because that's just like sport.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel could have easily navigated two of the games that Mitch gave away. Which would have notched us a playoff spot. Most notably vs LAC where we had a two score lead in the 4th quarter before Mitch went INT and fumble on back-to-back drives. Then, we look up and are magically losing a game where we out gained our opponent 350-196.

Daniel demonstrated that he could play within the offense, make the throws he had to, and Nagy even acknowledged that Daniel allowed him to use the full playbook. Where he had to keep the training wheels on for Mitch.

Daniel would have by ZERO, ZERO means led us to be a "good" offense. Probably not even an average one. However, he would have helped to avoid handing games away and would have made the throws which were there. Which is all we would have had to do in order to accumulate 10 wins.

It sounds good but Daniel's lack of athletic ability and just general shittyness probably equates to more losses as teams could completely gameplan to exploit his weaknesses over the course of a 16 game season.

As a spot starter or a injury replacement...I don't really mind the guy. As the #1 QB that teams have weeks to plan for....absolutely 100% no thank you.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is where you lost me.

Lol. Well, I'm saying that from the standpoint of "we were a missed Piniero FG vs LAC and a roughing the punter vs OAK away" from having the two more wins necessary.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds good but Daniel's lack of athletic ability and just general shittyness probably equates to more losses as teams could completely gameplan to exploit his weaknesses over the course of a 16 game season.

As a spot starter or a injury replacement...I don't really mind the guy. As the #1 QB that teams have weeks to plan for....absolutely 100% no thank you.

That's fair. I just think he serves his purpose well. Which it sounds like you (at least) kind of agree.

Like, in Detroit, knowing that Stafford is the main guy and a pretty decent one. I think Daniel is a solid backup in a pinch. Obviously, long term injuries to QB's usually means death anyway.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair. I just think he serves his purpose well. Which it sounds like you (at least) kind of agree.

Like, in Detroit, knowing that Stafford is the main guy and a pretty decent one. I think Daniel is a solid backup in a pinch. Obviously, long term injuries to QB's usually means death anyway.

I have no issues with him as a backup. He’s probably above league average in that regard. And he’s a benefit to the QB room.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure if were pretending Foles would have done well with bad coaching, no run game and no TE to dump too. Foles would have stunk and Mitch would have gotten the job back.

We should definitely fill up another thread with this shit.

Jesus