• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Camp will open the 28th

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and it appears that the first two pre-season games could be chopped out.

Honestly, I'm fine with this. I hate the pre-season and spend the entirety of it holding my breath hoping no one gets injured. This should give the starters one dress rehearsal type of game which will also be paramount towards positional battles. Then, I would imagine the other would be in the form of what is typically your 4th pre-season game. Where final roster determinations will be made.

Also, every team loses these pre-season game reps. So, it's not like anyone will be at a disadvantage.

The only downside, IMO, is this occurring in a season where we have a QB competition. Which is sort of the one thing about a pre-season that has the potential to be exciting. The majority of that battle will take place during practice reps.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate the preseason too........I do t think Ive watched more than one series of it.....

And Im glad we are gonna have some football this year.....

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine by me and fits in with Nagy's style anyway.

The majority of that battle will take place during practice reps.

If it truly is an open competition....this probably benefits Mitch.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whoa whoa whoa. I thought you said it's Fole's job and the organization has given up all hope for Trubs?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa whoa whoa. I thought you said it's Fole's job and the organization has given up all hope for Trubs?

That’s my opinion. Unlike you I don’t confuse my own opinion with fact. Fact is I don’t actually know because they stopped inviting me to meetings. I simply have an opinion on it.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s my opinion. Unlike you I don’t confuse my own opinion with fact. Fact is I don’t actually know because they stopped inviting me to meetings. I simply have an opinion on it.

And your opinion is wrong.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is simply only your opinion. See how that works?

Dumbest genius I’ve ever met.

An opinion based on every contradicting fact is called stupidity. And since you have reading comprehension issues...Yes i'm calling you stupid.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've read two trains of thought on this which I believe to be credible.

#1 - Lack of off-season activities, shortened training camp, pre-season, etc. benefits Mitch because he has the most experience within the offense and with the supporting cast.

#2 - Mitch has already had two years to win the job for the 2020 season and has failed. That's why Foles has been brought in. Mitch needs extended reps more than Foles does to win the job. Due to the fact that he has to reshape his entire image to the coaching staff and win trust back that has been lost. Where as Foles is here because Nagy and company have a built up mutual trust.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to the fact that he has to reshape his entire image to the coaching staff and win trust back that has been lost.

(rolls eyes)

How do you reshape your entire image? Hyperbole much? If trust has been lost in this league (which i don't believe has happened), then you are no longer the starter or you get cut. Simple as that.

What we have here is complete over-dramatization over something that's very simpl.e

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(rolls eyes)

(Raises middle finger)

How do you reshape your entire image? Hyperbole much? If trust has been lost in this league (which i don't believe has happened), then you are no longer the starter or you get cut. Simple as that.

The Bears history at QB suggests your wrong. Think Nagy ever actually trusted Trubisky last year? Because I don't. Willing and hoping for him to be better isn't the same as trust.

What we have here is complete over-dramatization over something that's very simpl.e

I agree you're simple. I disagree that I am being dramatic.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(rolls eyes)

First, I never said that was my opinion. I said that those are the two competing narratives.

Second, Mitchell Trubisky was our #2 overall pick and unquestioned starter/future of the franchise. This regime mortgaged a ton to acquire him and essentially bet their entire future on him.

Now... he's forced to compete for the starting job with a QB who has spent his career as a journeyman. Yeah, it's pretty damn simple, alright. Mitch has clearly lost a good deal of the staff/FO's trust. He clearly does not stand where he did with them one year ago today.

If trust has been lost in this league then you are no longer the starter or you get cut

I must have missed where Mitch was named the starter. He beat out Foles? Interesting. I guess there's nothing more to talk about.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(rolls eyes)

100% guaranteed if Nick Foles was our backup last year and not Chase Daniel, you wouldn't be talking about trust right now because Mitch would have lost his job somewhere in the middle of the season. There's no overdramatization. He would have been benched. His only saving grace is that (1) his backup was horrendous and (2) we have him for one more year on a rookie contract...The latter meaning he would not be a Bear right now if that wasn't the case.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I never said that was my opinion. I said that those are the two competing narratives.

Second, Mitchell Trubisky was our #2 overall pick and unquestioned starter/future of the franchise. This regime mortgaged a ton to acquire him and essentially bet their entire future on him.

Now... he's forced to compete for the starting job with a QB who has spent his career as a journeyman. Yeah, it's pretty damn simple, alright. Mitch has clearly lost a good deal of the staff/FO's trust. He clearly does not stand where he did with them one year ago today.

If trust has been lost in this league then you are no longer the starter or you get cut

I must have missed where Mitch was named the starter. He beat out Foles? Interesting. I guess there's nothing more to talk about.

I agree with your first narrative.

Here's the correct 2nd narrative:

Coaching staff haven't completely given up on Trubisky just yet. But he'll have to show promise early and often or that insurance policy they bought will get exercised. Simple as that.

And i don't believe it's a completely fair open competition. It's Trubisky's job to lose. If both Trubs and Foles perform exactly the same, Trubs will get the nod.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your first narrative.

Here's the correct 2nd narrative:

Coaching staff haven't completely given up on Trubisky just yet. But he'll have to show promise early and often or that insurance policy they bought will get exercised. Simple as that.

And i don't believe it's a completely fair open competition. It's Trubisky's job to lose. If both Trubs and Foles perform exactly the same, Trubs will get the nod.

I think your viewpoint is a fair and reasonable one. Even if I don't totally agree with it.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears history at QB suggests your wrong. Think Nagy ever actually trusted Trubisky last year? Because I don't. Willing and hoping for him to be better isn't the same as trust.

Well that's because you're clueless. You've displayed your "cluelessness" repeatedly in this forum so it fits your old grey narrative.

Yes i strongly vehemently believe Nagy trusted Trubs last year. He trusted Trubs with the entire playbook. He trusted Trubs to make audibles. He trusted Trubs so much that Trubs barely played a snap in preseason to keep Trubs healthy. After a good rookie year, only a retard would think Nagy didn't trust Trubs at all last year.

I agree you're simple. I disagree that I am being dramatic.

I never said you're being dramatic dumb dumb. I said you're stupid. Big difference. You're about as dumb as it gets.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% guaranteed if Nick Foles was our backup last year and not Chase Daniel, you wouldn't be talking about trust right now because Mitch would have lost his job somewhere in the middle of the season. There's no overdramatization. He would have been benched. His only saving grace is that (1) his backup was horrendous

Off topic but I really can't help myself.

I feel like you keep saying this about Chase Daniel. Despite all evidence pointing to the contrary and towards Daniel being a good/ideal NFL backup. He would be a great backup on a team with an established starter (like Detroit). He was a good backup for us when called upon. His only sin was not being a legitimate candidate to take over as an NFL starter. Which really isn't his fault. He wasn't hired to be that.

2-2 record
70% CMP
950 yards
6 TD's (4.3%)
4 INT's (2.9%)
91.1 QB Rating

Those numbers suggest we would have won another game or two with him as the starter last season. Very, very solid for a backup QB. Most NFL backups are mid-late round picks who wind-up catastrophes when thrust into action (Mason Rudolph). Or they're veterans with career ratings in the 70's.

Daniel was successful here as a backup. I don't see a reasonable counter argument to that statement.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic but I really can't help myself.

I feel like you keep saying this about Chase Daniel. Despite all evidence pointing to the contrary and towards Daniel being a good/ideal NFL backup. He would be a great backup on a team with an established starter (like Detroit). He was a good backup for us when called upon. His only sin was not being a legitimate candidate to take over as an NFL starter. Which really isn't his fault. He wasn't hired to be that.

2-2 record
70% CMP
950 yards
6 TD's (4.3%)
4 INT's (2.9%)
91.1 QB Rating

Those numbers suggest we would have won another game or two with him as the starter last season. Very, very solid for a backup QB. Most NFL backups are mid-late round picks who wind-up catastrophes when thrust into action (Mason Rudolph). Or they're veterans with career ratings in the 70's.

Daniel was successful here as a backup. I don't see a reasonable counter argument to that statement.

Yeah yeah yeah...All I gotta say is:

Please God let him play against us this year.

You know what will happen.

I know what will happen.

Just because the Raiders, Giants, Vikings who couldn't score and always lose at Soldier Field, and, of course, the Lions, in all their NFL glory, didn't destroy Daniel and he put up reasonable "stats?" Whatever. That dude has zero chance against any decent team unless we basically shut them out...which means you're tolling a death bell if you start him vs one.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think chopping off two games will hurt Foles chances of winning the job. As for possibly losing the two games themselves, I personally won't miss them as it often turns out to be 4 extra opportunities for players to get hurt. But of course there's nothing like real time/game time play to truly prepare oneself for the regular season. Unlike last year, the starters will undoubtedly see some action in these games.