• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Camp Battles

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like what I'm reading about Hitchens thus far.

Hitchens is going to be a very, very good player. What I saw from him last year exceeded anything I could have imagined, especially the way he bounced around from position to position in camp and then throughout the season. He is the reason I'm really not worried about McClain even though I was also incredibly impressed with McClain. I said months ago that I think those 3 (with health) will be as good as any 4-3 LB combo in the league and I still feel that. We may actually cut a LB or two with NFL talent this year which proves how far we have come.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats great...Wilcox should be a shoe in now.

you thought Randle had zero talent two years back.

baby steps
Randle sucked 2 years ago. He still has not proven anything.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JOESPH RANDLE GETS INJURED, MAY MISS PRESEASON OPENER
By John Muguerza, Cowboys Correspondent, Tue, Aug 11th 12:20am EDT

Joesph Randle strained his oblique during individual drills Monday. The injury landed Randle on the sidelines with fellow injured RBs Darren McFadden and Lance Dunbar. The Cowboys may choose to sit Randle, McFadden, and Dunbar for their preseason opener against San Diego. (Espn.com)

This seems more precautionary for Randle than anything else. However it begs the question why hasn't Dallas brought in another veteran RB? Until otherwise stated it's assumed Gus Johnson who has impressed in camp, will most likely get the start at RB this Thursday at San Diego

Seems like adding depth would be a good idea

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JOESPH RANDLE GETS INJURED, MAY MISS PRESEASON OPENER
By John Muguerza, Cowboys Correspondent, Tue, Aug 11th 12:20am EDT

Joesph Randle strained his oblique during individual drills Monday. The injury landed Randle on the sidelines with fellow injured RBs Darren McFadden and Lance Dunbar. The Cowboys may choose to sit Randle, McFadden, and Dunbar for their preseason opener against San Diego. (Espn.com)

This seems more precautionary for Randle than anything else. However it begs the question why hasn't Dallas brought in another veteran RB? Until otherwise stated it's assumed Gus Johnson who has impressed in camp, will most likely get the start at RB this Thursday at San Diego

Seems like adding depth would be a good idea
I understand the reasons why we wouldn't sign anyone at this time. I do think it would be a good idea to bring some guys in for a workout

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are far from ideal at the rb position but I think there should be some options as guys get cut nearing the end of preseason.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we wanted to bring in a vet we really could do it at any time. Yes, if you bring them in very late they don't have time to learn the offense, but a veteran RB can get through that with a week of practice and some help in the huddle with the terminology. So, I'm not concerned right now. Randle seems more and more like the go to guy in the team's eyes. Dunbar is going to be on the roster and probably a FB too. So unless you are going to cut McFadden what do you do with the vet you bring in? If it is for competition, then sure. But if it is just for insurance if McFadden isn't healthy you might as well wait it out. Plus, I really want to see Gus Johnson. I hear a lot of good things about him. Wouldn't it be funny if he ended up our leading rusher...

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the reasons why we wouldn't sign anyone at this time. I do think it would be a good idea to bring some guys in for a workout

Chris Johnson offered a one year deal

The Arizona Cardinals have made a one-year offer to running back Chris Johnson, sources told ESPN's Dianna Marie Russini on Monday.

Johnson, who became an unrestricted free agent after the New York Jetsdeclined to exercise their option after the 2014 season, recorded career lows for carries (155), rushing yards (663) and rushing touchdowns (one) last season after signing a two-year, $8 million deal. It was the first time in his seven-year career that he failed to rush for 1,000 yards in a season.

Maybe he accepts, maybe not?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised. I read a quote last night saying Arians was unhappy with their RB situation and were going to pursue a vet. I think CJ deserves to be in someone's camp at the very least. I like Ellington a lot, but to me he is at his best with no more than 15 touches per game. If the rookie won't be up to taking the rest of the carries this could be a could signing for them if he ends up there.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, I really want to see Gus Johnson. I hear a lot of good things about him. Wouldn't it be funny if he ended up our leading rusher...
Funny you mention SFA's Own, Gus Johnson. He's kinda a dark horse for me, but he'll need to shine Thursday nite. I watched the scrimmage Sunday on local TV and about the only thing that made me take a little notice was Whitehead & Gus Johnson.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you mention SFA's Own, Gus Johnson. He's kinda a dark horse for me, but he'll need to shine Thursday nite. I watched the scrimmage Sunday on local TV and about the only thing that made me take a little notice was Whitehead & Gus Johnson.

good to hear. I really don't know anything at all about him other than the blurbs I read. Seems he has impressed the coaches and also the players. Him doing well Thurs would be good for a few reasons. I wonder if he puts pressure on some of the others for PT if he continues to impress or if he is simply fighting for a practice squad spot.

Any idea if he plays STs?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good to hear. I really don't know anything at all about him other than the blurbs I read. Seems he has impressed the coaches and also the players. Him doing well Thurs would be good for a few reasons. I wonder if he puts pressure on some of the others for PT if he continues to impress or if he is simply fighting for a practice squad spot.

Any idea if he plays STs?
Pretty sure he'll hold his own running down on kicks...might return KO's...anything I suppose to make an impression.
I like him cause he seems to be that guy who will run the ball where it is suppose to be, one cut kinda guy that's a little vertically challenged which many times translates to good pad level going through the hole and when sticking his nose in on an on-coming LB. Some guys can make this jump and he could be one of those guys. Maybe it's just wishful thinking wanting anybody to emerge

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read the best cade for Gus is P Squad but with all the injuries who knows.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Brother is from Gilmer, I saw Johnson play in HS. He was awfully good, though it was hard to project how far he would go because Gilmer usually has more offensive talent than anyone they play in 3A. The kid hits the hole and runs hard. He has a great opportunity Thursday

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure...who in their right mind would say otherwise at this point?

I was just answering Js question. Now the guy named Lucky, I think he is at worst number 4 right now.