• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Camp Battles

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so! I have always viewed Wilcox as a SS. Ideally Wilcox will be starting next to Jones in the back end of the defense. Mo Claiborne really needs to step up so this can happen.

Church could then have a S/LB hybrid role

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it appears you & I see the dbackfield about the same

Let's just hope Marinelli and Co. see it the same way. I have a lot of faith that they will. If Leary's job is on the line because of a rookie, I see no reason why Church's job wouldn't be open to competition.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just hope Marinelli and Co. see it the same way. I have a lot of faith that they will. If Leary's job is on the line because of a rookie, I see no reason why Church's job wouldn't be open to competition.

At this point Church is a better SS than Wilcox. The problem is neither are FS. I do think Wilcox can eventually be the better SS.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be perfectly happy with church playing LB in nickel and dime packages.

I like our nickel LBs, so I'm not taking one off the field for Church too often...this team still needs to show me they have enough DBs that deserve to be on the field before I start trying to put some of them at other spots to get more of them on the field. Very excited to see where the rookie fits in.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point Church is a better SS than Wilcox. The problem is neither are FS. I do think Wilcox can eventually be the better SS.

Im not so sure about that. IfJones ends up a FS at some point this year or next I'm not sure Church has a starting job

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not so sure about that. If Jones likely up a FS at some point this year or next I'm not sure Church has a starting job

At this point I have more faith in Church than Mo. Therefore Jones more than likely will be needed more @ CB.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardy just schooled Collins. Had it been a actual play Hardy would have sacked on the QB's first step

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe not so much a battle, but I'm looking forward to seeing how much Dustin Vaughan has progressed and seeing JJ Wilcox take the next step in becoming a quality safety

We have waited too long imo to see if even he has the possibility of replacing Romo.

I really want to see him get a ton of snaps in preseason.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have waited too long imo to see if even he has the possibility of replacing Romo.

I really want to see him get a ton of snaps in preseason.

Too long? How many snaps should we have given to a rookie UDFA? I'm not sure it was even clear they wanted him on the team until around cut day. I think what the team needs to figure out with Vaughn is whether or not he is a capable backup. I don't think they envision him as a possible replacement for Romo at this point.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too long? How many snaps should we have given to a rookie UDFA? I'm not sure it was even clear they wanted him on the team until around cut day. I think what the team needs to figure out with Vaughn is whether or not he is a capable backup. I don't think they envision him as a possible replacement for Romo at this point.

I heard he needs to improve on his command of the huddle & foot movement in the pocket.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you can't trust the rookie to not even get him 1 set of downs during the season, but at the same time you know so little about the guy you don't know if he could handle a back up role. Call me crazy but I think the 2 are connected.

It's not really even about Vaughn, It's about the Cowboys planning today for tomorrow. What is the plan to find a replacement who could match Romo's production when the time comes. You would think with his back issues you would see more in the works.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our nickel LBs, so I'm not taking one off the field for Church too often...this team still needs to show me they have enough DBs that deserve to be on the field before I start trying to put some of them at other spots to get more of them on the field. Very excited to see where the rookie fits in.

Lee is obviously the 1st LB in nickel. Who is your second? McClain? Hitchens? I would rather Church play that spot on obvious passing downs than the other two -- assuming Wilcox were to take over the SS spot. In dime I would be fine with either Lee or Church playing the LB.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee is obviously the 1st LB in nickel. Who is your second? McClain? Hitchens? I would rather Church play that spot on obvious passing downs than the other two -- assuming Wilcox were to take over the SS spot. In dime I would be fine with either Lee or Church playing the LB.

Both. There is a reason this isn't done too often, but that certainly doesn't mean it can't be done on occasion and with the right guys and in the right circumstance. First off What has Church done to make us want him on the field in coverage? He stinks in coverage. The role the LBs need to play in the nickel in this defense is done very well by our LBs; it's our secondary that has been poor lately. having a bigger guy also helps you against the run, against TEs and as a pass rusher. I for one hope we rush our LBs a little more than Marinelli normally does. Want to play Church there in the dime or on 3rd and really long then I don't see much of a problem, but then why not just put an extra CB on the field if you know they aren't going to run and you want a guy playing over the top or in man...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can't trust the rookie to not even get him 1 set of downs during the season, but at the same time you know so little about the guy you don't know if he could handle a back up role. Call me crazy but I think the 2 are connected.

During the season? You don't just give those snaps out and even less often to #3 QBs. Was he even on the active roster on game day at all? First thing he has to do is prove he is good enough to be a #2 QB. How many years before Romo earned a game day snap?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I have more faith in Church than Mo. Therefore Jones more than likely will be needed more @ CB.

I think it's more likely Jones plays corner than FS year 1, but who knows where he ends up. as far as more confidence in Church than Mo, At this point we still don't know for sure what we have with Mo. We pretty much know what Church is and IMO that's an early down in the box SS. I may be crazy, but I'm still holding out hope Mo earns #3 CB snaps this year. He has to stay healthy. The few times he has been healthy he has been OK, but he always seems to be injured or playing hurt. Don't judge Mo as a top 10 pick. We can't get that pick back. Now it's just is he good enough to make the team and earn playing time. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a decent season for us, but I understand why some have written him off as not being an NFL caliber CB based on the last couple of years even though I'm not ready to do that myself...

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it'smore likely Jones plays corner than FS year 1, but who knows where he ends up. as far as more confidence in Church than Mo, At this point we still don't know for sure what we have with Mo. We pretty much know what Church is and IMO that's an early down in the box SS. I may be crazy, but I'm still holding out hope Mo earns #3 CB snaps this year. He has to stay healthy. The few times he has been healthy he has been OK, but he always seems to be injured or playing hurt. Don't judge Mo as a top 10 pick. We can't get that pick back. Now it's just is he good enough to make the team and earn playing time. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a decent season for us, but I understand why some have written him off as not being an NFL caliber CB based on the last couple of years even though I'm not ready to do that myself...

I am pulling for Mo big time, but CB must have confidence & play with a Swag. I think confidence is his biggest obstacle to date....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget about Corey White either. He could end up getting some FS playing time or some nickel corner time...

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget about Corey White either. He could end up getting some FS playing time or some nickel corner time...

Yep this team has more depth & flex players than in the past. Finally overcoming that 2009 draft