• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Camp Battles

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the season? You don't just give those snaps out and even less often to #3 QBs. Was he even on the active roster on game day at all? First thing he has to do is prove he is good enough to be a #2 QB. How many years before Romo earned a game day snap?

At the end of the day you don't get the impression the boys are laying enough ground work to get ready for the eventual day. And maybe they plan to sign some veteran (cringe) to do the job when the time comes.

"Some ole' boy that's washed up, and one worth a shit to begin with"

Harry Hogge

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day you don't get the impression the boys are laying enough ground work to get ready for the eventual day. And maybe they plan to sign some veteran (cringe) to do the job when the time comes.

Agree and with Romo's back it's more important for this team than most to make sure someone is in place because it could happen at any time.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going on record and say that we need to think about bringing in Stephen jackson. McFadden is injury prone. I was so pisst when we passed on jackson. He could get the dirty yards for us

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going on record and say that we need to think about bringing in Stephen jackson. McFadden is injury prone. I was so pisst when we passed on jackson. He could get the dirty yards for us
I think Dallas also agrees it's a little thin with a McFadden backfield and will look to add talent. I think Dallas is looking for a better date to the dance than whats currently on the street. S. Jackson, Rice, nor CJ excite me and seems the cowboys neither

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys available on the street now are all done. Each one of those guys, Rice (2 years ago), Jackson, Johnson all looked done last year. But I suppose if I had to pick one of those, it would be Johnson -- at least he averaged 4+ypc last year.

I think Dallas is going to wait a few weeks and see what Joseph is bringing to the table before deciding to bring someone else in or not. If Joseph doesn't impress, I could see the potential for a trade. If Joseph earns the trust of the coaching staff, I don't think we will see any major moves outside of a depth signing for RB.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a top back we need 3 playable RBs on the roster. Maybe we have them and maybe we don't, but I'm OK either way. If we feel comfortable enough to play it out I'm good and if we bring in another player I'm good as long as there are no (or little) guaranteed $'s. I'm a little concerned about Randle's brain and his ability to pass protect. I love what Dunbar can do in spurts, but don't know how many touches he can handle, what he can do inside the tackles or if he can protect Romo. If McFadden doesn't make the team or is injured I don't care how good our OL is, Romo may take a few big hits and that is what worries me. Also, I need to see one of these guys prove they can get the ball over the goal line when the other team knows it's coming or get a first down on 3rd and 3. The stat sheet will be filled out fine, but can these guys do all the other things that are needed...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be better backs available after final cuts. No reason to be impatient.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a top back we need 3 playable RBs on the roster. Maybe we have them and maybe we don't, but I'm OK either way. If we feel comfortable enough to play it out I'm good and if we bring in another player I'm good as long as there are no (or little) guaranteed $'s. I'm a little concerned about Randle's brain and his ability to pass protect. I love what Dunbar can do in spurts, but don't know how many touches he can handle, what he can do inside the tackles or if he can protect Romo. If McFadden doesn't make the team or is injured I don't care how good our OL is, Romo may take a few big hits and that is what worries me. Also, I need to see one of these guys prove they can get the ball over the goal line when the other team knows it's coming or get a first down on 3rd and 3. The stat sheet will be filled out fine, but can these guys do all the other things that are needed...

That and one of the keys to last year in my opinion was the success of handing the ball off to DM and basically icing the 4Q in several games. I am not sure we have that type of back on the roster. I realize we don't have a demarco murray in the backfield, but do we have a player on the team that you can pound the rock with 3 straight downs in the 4Q, when everyone knows it's coming? A guy that can get you 1-3 yards almost every time when the game is on the line.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and one of the keys to last year in my opinion was the success of handing the ball off to DM and basically icing the 4Q in several games. I am not sure we have that type of back on the roster. I realize we don't have a demarco murray in the backfield, but do we have a player on the team that you can pound the rock with 3 straight downs in the 4Q, when everyone knows it's coming? A guy that can get you 1-3 yards almost every time when the game is on the line.
I don't know one cowboy fan that thought we had that in Dallas this time last year. Great thing about sports...stuff changes from one year to the next

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is definitely going to sound dicky, but yes, I absolutely felt Murray was that back last year before the season started and said all off season that we need to run the ball way more than we had in the past and that Murray was as good as almost any back in the league. I'm guessing there are threads on here that show I wasn't the only one so I can't act as if I predicted something no one else did. No, I didn't expect him to have the year that he did or to lead the league in rushing of course, but his talent was not in question based on what he had already accomplished; just his health.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is definitely going to sound dicky, but yes, I absolutely felt Murray was that back last year before the season started and said all off season that we need to run the ball way more than we had in the past and that Murray was as good as almost any back in the league. I'm guessing there are threads on here that show I wasn't the only one so I can't act as if I predicted something no one else did. No, I didn't expect him to have the year that he did or to lead the league in rushing of course, but his talent was not in question based on what he had already accomplished; just his health.
you're right...sounds real dicky considering the statement was: "the success of handing the ball off to DM and basically icing the 4Q in several games"

That by definition is a "Bell Cow" and not even you were predicting that this time last season

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're right...sounds real dicky considering the statement was: "the success of handing the ball off to DM and basically icing the 4Q in several games"

That by definition is a "Bell Cow" and not even you were predicting that this time last season

No. running out the clock in the 4th Qtr with Murray was definitely was major part of what I was saying when criticizing how we lost a couple of games (Det, GB) the year before because we did not run out the clock and instead threw the ball too often even though we had the player that could do it in Demarco Murray. If that wasn't clear with my first statement because I got into a few different aspects of the topic, hopefully it is here.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt many thought DM could make it through the season.

To me that is like with Sean Lee. Yeah he keeps getting hurt, but eventually you make it through a couple of seasons without getting hurt. Sometimes it's just bad luck and sometimes some guys are just more likely to get hurt than others. I wouldn't be surprised if both Murray and Lee play 16 games this year.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Count me as one who thinks Dallas will be just fine running the ball. The offensive line was the prime factor in last years success running the ball. They will get plenty of push this year, too.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know one cowboy fan that thought we had that in Dallas this time last year. Great thing about sports...stuff changes from one year to the next

I thought the talent and ability was there with DM, to be that "bell cow". I took him in the first round in one league, because I thought he would have a really great year behind that O-line. I wouldn't have been as fortunate had he gotten injured, besides the hand thing late in the year.

What I feel changes most from year to year, is the health of the team and its players. That is the "stuff", that factors the most year over year. Here's to having a bit of luck and lots of good health, this year. :hope:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. running out the clock in the 4th Qtr with Murray was definitely was major part of what I was saying when criticizing how we lost a couple of games (Det, GB) the year before because we did not run out the clock and instead threw the ball too often even though we had the player that could do it in Demarco Murray. If that wasn't clear with my first statement because I got into a few different aspects of the topic, hopefully it is here.
two different statements....many predicted Murray as a good football player

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the talent and ability was there with DM, to be that "bell cow". I took him in the first round in one league, because I thought he would have a really great year behind that O-line. I wouldn't have been as fortunate had he gotten injured, besides the hand thing late in the year.

What I feel changes most from year to year, is the health of the team and its players. That is the "stuff", that factors the most year over year. Here's to having a bit of luck and lots of good health, this year. :hope:

really?
statement supported by a 1st round fantasy football selection?

LOL...I stand corrected. You boys had it all the time

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really?
statement supported by a 1st round fantasy football selection?

LOL...I stand corrected. You boys had it all the time

Not sure how thoughts or analysis, or one persons opinion differs any with FF predictions, or just you or anyone else's opinion or predictions from year to year. Its nothing more than educated guesses based on previous stats and projections, but it is no different than thinking or hoping one way or another. Too many things factor in to every season as to whether a player or team has successes. If I was certain of anything, I would have been in Vegas making lots of money. I figured Murray would have a good year last year, but I never thought he would lead the league in rushing or run for over 1500 even.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how thoughts or analysis, or one persons opinion differs any with FF predictions, or just you or anyone else's opinion or predictions from year to year. Its nothing more than educated guesses based on previous stats and projections, but it is no different than thinking or hoping one way or another. Too many things factor in to every season as to whether a player or team has successes. If I was certain of anything, I would have been in Vegas making lots of money. I figured Murray would have a good year last year, but I never thought he would lead the league in rushing or run for over 1500 even.
Murray was a some what common 1st pick in non ppr leagues. I also took a gamble with the 10th pick coming back from the previous year's championship and rode that horse to back to back championships. To bad the league was just for grins. Murray was kept in the two money keeper leagues I play in. I thought he was more a commodity in fantasy football than real football this time last season.

I'm fine with now knowing you & jarntt knew the greatness that was ahead if he played 15/16 games. I stand corrected. Me? I figured at best 1100/1200 with 50 plus catches mainly because Garrett said as much all summer with a concentrated effort towards the run game. I never in my wildest dreams ever thought he would become the NFL "Bell Cow" like few others in the history of this game.