• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Camp Battles

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he said:
That and one of the keys to last year in my opinion was the success of handing the ball off to DM and basically icing the 4Q in several games. I am not sure we have that type of back on the roster..

What you said

I don't know one cowboy fan that thought we had that in Dallas this time last year. Great thing about sports...stuff changes from one year to the next

Not sure what got lost in the translation. I thought it was pretty clear. But, no one in this thread said they expected Murray to play like the MVP of the league. That wasn't the discussion. guy who could run out the clock in the 4th Qtr and be a top back and a clear go to guy. Sure did see that one coming.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray was a some what common 1st pick in non ppr leagues. I also took a gamble with the 10th pick coming back from the previous year's championship and rode that horse to back to back championships. To bad the league was just for grins. Murray was kept in the two money keeper leagues I play in. I thought he was more a commodity in fantasy football than real football this time last season.

I'm fine with now knowing you & jarntt knew the greatness that was ahead if he played 15/16 games. I stand corrected. Me? I figured at best 1100/1200 with 50 plus catches mainly because Garrett said as much all summer with a concentrated effort towards the run game. I never in my wildest dreams ever thought he would become the NFL "Bell Cow" like few others in the history of this game.

This is going to possibly make me look like a total homer, but it wasn't why I drafted the way I did. Our big money league is a $500 entry fee and $20 per transaction, so I definitely was drafting to win and not to be a Cowboy homer. I draw the 3rd pick overall and traded down to the 12th pick, merely exchanging picks and no other players or draft spots. I took Demarco at 12th and Dez at 13th, in this PPR league. I didnt win but, I had lots of good weeks. It will be interesting this year, as I don't have any idea how I'm drafting at this point. I really hope another Cowboy RB can put up the numbers you had figured, would love to see 1100/1200 out of one of the guys in the stable.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to possibly make me look like a total homer, but it wasn't why I drafted the way I did. Our big money league is a $500 entry fee and $20 per transaction, so I definitely was drafting to win and not to be a Cowboy homer. I draw the 3rd pick overall and traded down to the 12th pick, merely exchanging picks and no other players or draft spots. I took Demarco at 12th and Dez at 13th, in this PPR league. I didnt win but, I had lots of good weeks. It will be interesting this year, as I don't have any idea how I'm drafting at this point. I really hope another Cowboy RB can put up the numbers you had figured, would love to see 1100/1200 out of one of the guys in the stable.
That was a smart FF trade. Great job!
I don't play in any leagues that allow draft spot trades and, I seldom draft Cowboys unless the draft position value for the spot I'm drafting is almost a non-brainer. LOL....I used to think I was a pretty good player but over the last few seasons I'm beginning to wonder.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he said:

What you said

Not sure what got lost in the translation. I thought it was pretty clear. But, no one in this thread said they expected Murray to play like the MVP of the league. That wasn't the discussion. guy who could run out the clock in the 4th Qtr and be a top back and a clear go to guy. Sure did see that one coming.

I know one now and stand correct Sir. You knew all that he was with regards to carries and 4th QTR pounding

btw...I never talked MVP, my term was Bell Cow which I guess is what you knew he would be in the 4th.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a bell cow back. May be interpretation, but IMO an MVP back is better than a Bell Cow back

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
enough bull shit...I said you were the smartest in the land. Should be enough

Bull Shit? OK...guess it's that time of the year again...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever that implies.
You made the claims and I assume you're right but I hardly need your sarcasms. Isn't it you that always claims to be above all that?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but IMO an MVP back is better than a Bell Cow back
Bull Shit....right here
did I say MVP at all? much less which would have greater value?
Isn't that understood?
but again...must be me cause you're always above such stuff

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheers

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's just that time of year and board cred is more important to others

LOL at cheers....again, as if you're above all that. Too Funny!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's just that time of year and board cred is more important to others

LOL at cheers....again, as if you're above all that. Too Funny!

Who said that? But I am at least a little more above it than some even if not much...baby steps for me...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said that? But I am at least a little more above it than some even if not much...baby steps for me...
no question...I always said it was good to make oneself judge of who is what.
As you said, it's just my time of year. It's all me, you're good

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily your time of the year. Time of the year we are all getting a taste and waiting for real football talk and end up with a lot of people showing up and a lot of arguments. Check the calendar. Same thing every year.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like football time to me. As far as FF, I sat there with the seventh pick I think and went against the Ff gurus on the Hoop and took Arod over Murray I believe. The gurus didn't really suggest Murray. They just suggested a RB. I think it was Ball they were so high on. Glad I didn't go that way. I almost did I think. Can't remember how it went. I was very lucky to snatch the Steeler combo of Brown and Bell in rounds 3and 4. That won't happen this yr. oh and believe me, I saw Bell as being a huge " Bowl , I mean Bell Cow. "

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like football time to me. As far as FF, I sat there with the seventh pick I think and went against the Ff gurus on the Hoop and took Arod over Murray I believe. The gurus didn't really suggest Murray. They just suggested a RB. I think it was Ball they were so high on. Glad I didn't go that way. I almost did I think. Can't remember how it went. I was very lucky to snatch the Steeler combo of Brown and Bell in rounds 3and 4. That won't happen this yr. oh and believe me, I saw Bell as being a huge " Bowl , I mean Bell Cow. "

I told you last year those guys were way off on some of their assessments. Way too flavor of the month to me. It was like anyone who didn't see Ball as a top 5 pick was a complete moron. Some of them were saying he was the #1 or #2 RB. I told them I wouldn't take him in the first two rounds in one thread and it was bedlam...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U are correct. U did tell them that and They thOught you were crazy. Those guys walk to a different beat over there. 90 percent of them really know their stuff. As bad as they were on Ball, they pretty much thought Bell was a Bust pick for me, which I did too after the pot incident. The thing about them is it actually shocked me to see them so high on Montee Ball last year, considering he had really never done anything. Normally they are totally against things like that. I swear 2 years in a row they told me the most tempting player in the draft will fall to round 3. They said if he stays healthy you could win your league, but don't take him. I took him anyway. The temptation way too great- his name DMAC

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the rook supplant wilcox. Wilcox has not impressed me as a starter. Wilcox should be a backup