• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam walks out of another press conference

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. It's a joke because it's subjective, allowing some guy to paint a picture specifically for YOU.

I would never use QBR as a measure, even it goes my way in an argument. It's a made up stat.
Calling it a stat is even generous, as it implies that it's generated by a collection of data. But that's not really true, as some of it is generated on subjective opinions.

It's really just a made up number.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's because he supports Trump -

NFL.com recognizes it.

It's okay. I understand why you guys don't want to accept it as a stat.
Who supports Trump?

Where does NFL.com recognize it? It's not listen on their quarterback stats page. And it strictly comes from ESPN because they're the one's that invented it.

NFL Stats: by Player Category

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said race plays a factor? I'm asking in what way? I don't give a fuck what books you've read. How is it a factor?

Now that is an accurate question to ask. Thank you for realizing you asked a dumb question and changed the wording.

Answer: Some people are racist.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The regression has been the Panthers as a team, not Cam's play necessarily. Cam has always been a showboat that doesn't take losing well, that much hasn't changed. Panthers just didn't lose much last year.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's because he supports Trump -

NFL.com recognizes it.

It's okay. I understand why you guys don't want to accept it as a stat.

Are you sure about that?

Are you sure that NFL.com doesn't recognize QB passer rating (a real stats) and you're confusing the two?

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who supports Trump?

Where does NFL.com recognize it? It's not listen on their quarterback stats page. And it strictly comes from ESPN because they're the one's that invented it.

NFL Stats: by Player Category

Oh that line was going to be for nobody getting mad that Tom Brady stormed out of a press conference when asked about Trump...

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The regression has been the Panthers as a team, not Cam's play necessarily. Cam has always been a showboat that doesn't take losing well, that much hasn't changed. Panthers just didn't lose much last year.

Bingo.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure about that?

Are you sure that NFL.com doesn't recognize QB passer rating (a real stats) and you're confusing the two?
I'm guessing that's what happened.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton was sacked 33 times last year. In just 5 games he has already amassed just about half that (15).

If you want to point your finger at Cam's regression it would be his offensive line and losing Jonathon Stewart.

Blaming his press conferences makes you guys look silly.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBR is a joke because it's a made up ESPN number that has had to be tweaked numerous times because the results don't make a lick of sense.

ESPN’s QBR ranks Ryan Fitzpatrick ahead of Tom Brady

"What underlies QBR is an understanding of how football works and a lot of detailed situational data. What it yields are results that should reflect that. It illustrates that converting on third-and-long is important to a quarterback. It shows that a pass that is in the air for 40 yards is more reflective of a quarterback than a pass that is in the air for 5 yards and the receiver has 35 yards of run after the catch. These premises should sound reasonable to football fans. They come out of a lot of statistical analysis, but they are also consistent with what coaches and players understand."

Just because you don't like the results doesn't mean the stat is bogus. It is a weighted stat, so it does depend on whether you agree with the value certain stats hold in the overall evaluation of QB play. It is certainly a more inclusive stat than the simplified passer rating, which is also weighted btw.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that is an accurate question to ask. Thank you for realizing you asked a dumb question and changed the wording.

Answer: Some people are racist.
My original question wasn't dumb, and it wasn't meant to be incendiary either. I was asking because I wanted your take. You lefties are just so fucking vague sometimes(on purpose, I believe) that it makes it difficult to get to the actual meat of some of your comments. If you think Cam's criticisms are racially motivated coming from racists, then fine. That has nothing to do with whether or not the criticism is fair coming from football fans and motivated by purely football concerns.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it makes you feel any better @CowboyB, I think Harbaugh is just as big of a clown as Cam.

:harbs3::harbaugh:
giphy.gif
fkyge.gif

dt9sutwgvhukj75jndyl.gif

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton was sacked 33 times last year. In just 5 games he has already amassed just about half that (15).

If you want to point your finger at Cam's regression it would be his offensive line and losing Jonathon Stewart.

Blaming his press conferences makes you guys look silly.
I think he's an emotional guy. For some athletes that is a good thing, for others it's not. I think Cam falls into the "it's not" category. I already told you I don't think that's the only reason he hasn't played as well as 2015 Cam, but I don't think it helps.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's an emotional guy. For some athletes that is a good thing, for others it's not. I think Cam falls into the "it's not" category. I already told you I don't think that's the only reason he hasn't played as well as 2015 Cam, but I don't think it helps.

I can agree with the first part. I think that was made pretty evident in the Super Bowl.