• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton rips Packer fans banner

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the rules stated above the Packer fans were following stadium rules with it being hand held.

The article linked below has the words of the guy who had it taken from him and said Newton yanked it out of their hands.

The banner from the visiting team was not fixed or displayed on any surface and was hand held. According to the stadium rules nothing was done wrong

Packers fan angry Cam Newton grabbed his illegal banner

“We were on the front row, over there by the goalposts, and we wanted our grandkids to see us on TV,” Dobs said. “We thought he was going to sign our banner — we were happy to see him — and he ripped it out of our hands.”

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK the guy spent $500 to have the sign made. This was not some home made thing done on cardboard. If you look at the picture it was one f those rain proof type things made of some sort of plastic or vinyl or whatever they use that I am guessing he would use over and over through his life at future events and such. You can see it has the steel grommets in the corners to tie ropes to hold it up.

The info I saw written about this situation is the Newton walked up and took the sign down and folded it up and put it under his arm and walked off with it. I am guessing if the sign was made of cardboard the fan who made it wouldnt have given a shit but when you see a guy walk off with something you spent $500 on it may piss you off and am thinking his only way to try and get it back would be to check with the police near him as I am guessing this guy would not be able to go up to Newton and ask for it back

View attachment 50140

Looks to be hand held here ^^^^^
If he really spent $500 on that banner, he needs to be kicked in the nuts. You can buy 15x25 flags cheaper than that. For reference, 15x25 is 5 times larger than a standard flag.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the rules stated above the Packer fans were following stadium rules with it being hand held.

The article linked below has the words of the guy who had it taken from him and said Newton yanked it out of their hands.

The banner from the visiting team was not fixed or displayed on any surface and was hand held. According to the stadium rules nothing was done wrong

Packers fan angry Cam Newton grabbed his illegal banner

“We were on the front row, over there by the goalposts, and we wanted our grandkids to see us on TV,” Dobs said. “We thought he was going to sign our banner — we were happy to see him — and he ripped it out of our hands.”

Now, why on earth would Cam Newton sign a North Carolina Cheesehead banner?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he really spent $500 on that banner, he needs to be kicked in the nuts. You can buy 15x25 flags cheaper than that. For reference, 15x25 is 5 times larger than a standard flag.

Well the guy in articles printed about this issue says he spent $4000 total to go to the game. He must have money to burn that is insane right there

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Packers fan angry Cam Newton grabbed his illegal banner

The banner was hanging down over the rail. That would fall under the "displayed on any surface" part of the policy, and as such it was in violation of the policy. If I were the Panthers, I'd tell this guy to get lost.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of thread.

Yes end of thread indeed as the fans were doing things correctly hand holding the sign and had it ripped out of their hands and taken away by Newton so the owner of the banner since he followed the rules should be compensated after investing $500 into the sign

End of thread

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The banner was hanging down over the rail. That would fall under the "displayed on any surface" part of the policy, and as such it was in violation of the policy. If I were the Panthers, I'd tell this guy to get lost.

Well the owner of the banner said it was ripped from his hands so he must have been holding it

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the owner of the banner said it was ripped from his hands so he must have been holding it
Yes, he was holding it down over the rail. That's in violation of the policy. He's got no beef.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes end of thread indeed as the fans were doing things correctly hand holding the sign and had it ripped out of their hands and taken away by Newton so the owner of the banner since he followed the rules should be compensated after investing $500 into the sign

End of thread

Bilking people out of money is how he got the $500 to begin with. What goes around, comes around.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It does not appear that it was on or touching the rail some fans had it in their hands hanging onto it in front of the rail so it was not attached to any surface