• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton rips Packer fans banner

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes end of thread indeed as the fans were doing things correctly hand holding the sign and had it ripped out of their hands and taken away by Newton so the owner of the banner since he followed the rules should be compensated after investing $500 into the sign

End of thread

Ripped out their helpless hands. They must have felt just like the lady from Sophie's Choice.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does not appear that it was on or touching the rail some fans had it in their hands hanging onto it in front of the rail so it was not attached to any surface
That's just in the picture. From the article:

"So when he saw a Packers banner hanging over the rail in pregame warm-ups, he tore it down, and took it back with him to the locker room."

You can't do that, therefore this guy has no case. It doesn't have to be attached, even if they're holding it it can't be "displayed on any surface."

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now we are changing the subject because it appears he has a case?
He doesn't have a case. He can whine all he wants, unless the Panthers decide to compensate him out of the kindness of their hearts, he won't get anything from them.

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably right but we are talking about an average of probably 60 to 70 thousand fans at each venue, many drunk or high. Your expectations that every single one should be well behaved are duly noted, but they are also extremely naive. I'm sure you know very well how unruly sports fans can get and when someone purposely prods them by displaying a rival banner at their stadium its akin to waving a red cape at a bull. I agree people should be able to compose themselves but we all know that just isn't the case. I think whether you are within your rights or not, if you are a visiting fan there are some simple (non written) rules to follow if you don't want to cause a scene or start a fight. Among the top of the list would be: don't bring a huge banner saying 'this is Packer country' to a Panther game.

Exactly. You have every right to the tickets. But, dont' expect the same abilities to root for your team as you do at a home game. I've had season tickets for 20+ years to Eagles games and most fights are started because of a visiting team's fans being completely obnoxious and taunting Eagles fans. Guys sitting there quietly rooting for their team (even in a jersey) are normally left alone

Things like signs, those stupid terrible towels, etc are obnoxious at an away game. You need to know where your at. You wouldnt go to someone's house whose Muslim and bring a plate of NY strips. Or go to harlem with a sign that says "I Hate N****rs". Why? courtesy in someone else's home and knowing your surroundings. Same thing applies to this. Know your surroundings and be respectful in someone else's house.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ripped out their helpless hands. They must have felt just like the lady from Sophie's Choice.

My guess is they may not have been hanging on real tight thinking they had to protect the sign from being taken from them as how many times before have we heard of this happening? My guess is from now on that other fans may be more prepared in the event that there are vigilante players out there af looking to take fans signs from them.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand Newton and hate when he does his little Superman routine when he scores. With that said, I have no problem with what he did. Why you ask? Because it is against stadium policy to have a banner supporting a visiting team affixed or displayed on any surface.

Carolina Panthers | Banner and Flag Policy
"No banners or flags expressing support of visiting teams may be affixed to or displayed on any surface. Hand held signs or posters that are in compliance with the balance of this policy are acceptable."
If that's the case, it's not Newton's responsibility to enforce that policy. If I were a Carolina fan I'd be embarrassed.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've purchased those signs before. $500? Gtfo.

And no matter what you paid if you followed the rules and had it taken from your hands would you just say fuck it or would you want it back or to be compensated for what you paid for it if it was stolen from you?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is they may not have been hanging on real tight thinking they had to protect the sign from being taken from them as how many times before have we heard of this happening? My guess is from now on that other fans may be more prepared in the event that there are vigilante players out there af looking to take fans signs from them.

My guess is they weren't even touching it and it was just hanging there.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have a case. He can whine all he wants, unless the Panthers decide to compensate him out of the kindness of their hearts, he won't get anything from them.

It has been said they are going to make things right with the guy so the Panther organization must care about that happened when a guy following their stadium rules had this happen to him. This is just a different situation with the type of sign involved not being some home made cardboard type thing

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is they weren't even touching it and it was just hanging there.

Well from seeing the picture of the sign that was being held with no rope or strings in the metal grommets in the corners and the owner of the sign saying it was yanked out of his hands I wuld disagree with you.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I guess you're not going to show me where I said that fans can't support their teams? Not surprised.

And I already agreed Newton acted like a kid. I'm just aknowledging that this man did too when he tattled over a piece of paper.

Again it is best to know the full story before commenting as it was not a piece of paper the guy was complaining about

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no matter what you paid if you followed the rules and had it taken from your hands would you just say fuck it or would you want it back or to be compensated for what you paid for it if it was stolen from you?

I really wouldn't care. I would understand that I wasn't in my home stadium and would probably just see it as an interesting story to tell, and I would root against Cam Newton for the rest of his career. Whatever I would do, I wouldnt try to pass off the sign as 10x the value of the actual sign.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again it is best to know the full story before commenting as it was not a piece of paper the guy was complaining about

It's also best not to be naive when someone says something is $500 when it obviously is not even close to that.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just in the picture. From the article:

"So when he saw a Packers banner hanging over the rail in pregame warm-ups, he tore it down, and took it back with him to the locker room."

You can't do that, therefore this guy has no case. It doesn't have to be attached, even if they're holding it it can't be "displayed on any surface."

There are many articles on this subject

Packers fan angry Cam Newton grabbed his illegal banner

“We were on the front row, over there by the goalposts, and we wanted our grandkids to see us on TV,” Dobs said. “We thought he was going to sign our banner — we were happy to see him — and he ripped it out of our hands.”

^^^^^^^^^
The words of the guy who owned it and was right there to see what happened

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many articles on this subject

Packers fan angry Cam Newton grabbed his illegal banner

“We were on the front row, over there by the goalposts, and we wanted our grandkids to see us on TV,” Dobs said. “We thought he was going to sign our banner — we were happy to see him — and he ripped it out of our hands.”

^^^^^^^^^
The words of the guy who owned it and was right there to see what happened
You do realize that they could have very well had it in their hands and it still could have been hanging down in front of the railing, right? I mean, it's not like the two are mutually exclusive.