• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton rips Packer fans banner

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was the fan acting like a little girl? Newton was the one acting like a snotty nosed kid by ripping up the sign.

So, I guess you're not going to show me where I said that fans can't support their teams? Not surprised.

And I already agreed Newton acted like a kid. I'm just aknowledging that this man did too when he tattled over a piece of paper.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam spoke of "respect" regarding the incident. Unfortunately, it's quite clear that "respect" applies to him only when he's receiving it.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I guess you're not going to show me where I said that fans can't support their teams? Not surprised.

And I already agreed Newton acted like a kid. I'm just aknowledging that this man did too when he tattled over a piece of paper.
I disagree... The fan was within his rights to be upset over Newton's childish act of vandalism.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam spoke of "respect" regarding the incident. Unfortunately, it's quite clear that "respect" applies to him only when he's receiving it.
I can't respect a person like him. He is a poor role model to young athletes.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree... The fan was within his rights to be upset over Newton's childish act of vandalism.

And I'm within my rights for believing that crying to the police over a piece of paper is childish. I bet police in any NFL city would agree and roll their eyes at anyone with such concerns.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the people bitching about this story? :think:

Or the people bitching about the people bitching about this story. But now I'm bitching about the people bitching about the people bitching about this story. It's a vicious circle is what it is

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm within my rights for believing that crying to the police over a piece of paper is childish. I bet police in any NFL city would agree and roll their eyes at anyone with such concerns.
You can believe anything you'd like but police here would be concerned with destruction of private property.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care one way or the other what Newton did - I actually thought it was pretty funny.

However, some interesting points were made in this thread. What if some fan was wearing a shirt that said "This is Packers country" and Newton ripped it from his body?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care one way or the other what Newton did - I actually thought it was pretty funny.

However, some interesting points were made in this thread. What if some fan was wearing a shirt that said "This is Packers country" and Newton ripped it from his body?
Yes. Superman style

giphy.gif

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand Newton and hate when he does his little Superman routine when he scores. With that said, I have no problem with what he did. Why you ask? Because it is against stadium policy to have a banner supporting a visiting team affixed or displayed on any surface.

Carolina Panthers | Banner and Flag Policy
"No banners or flags expressing support of visiting teams may be affixed to or displayed on any surface. Hand held signs or posters that are in compliance with the balance of this policy are acceptable."

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well your dudeness, what if he shoots someone in the face for wearing an opposing teams jersey? What if he places a pipe bomb in a sky box full of Packer fans... I say we cross those bridges when we get there.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK the guy spent $500 to have the sign made. This was not some home made thing done on cardboard. If you look at the picture it was one f those rain proof type things made of some sort of plastic or vinyl or whatever they use that I am guessing he would use over and over through his life at future events and such. You can see it has the steel grommets in the corners to tie ropes to hold it up.

The info I saw written about this situation is the Newton walked up and took the sign down and folded it up and put it under his arm and walked off with it. I am guessing if the sign was made of cardboard the fan who made it wouldnt have given a shit but when you see a guy walk off with something you spent $500 on it may piss you off and am thinking his only way to try and get it back would be to check with the police near him as I am guessing this guy would not be able to go up to Newton and ask for it back

CTVCflrUkAAdPB3.jpg

Looks to be hand held here ^^^^^

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand Newton and hate when he does his little Superman routine when he scores. With that said, I have no problem with what he did. Why you ask? Because it is against stadium policy to have a banner supporting a visiting team affixed or displayed on any surface.

Carolina Panthers | Banner and Flag Policy
"No banners or flags expressing support of visiting teams may be affixed to or displayed on any surface. Hand held signs or posters that are in compliance with the balance of this policy are acceptable."

End of thread.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well your dudeness, what if he shoots someone in the face for wearing an opposing teams jersey? What if he places a pipe bomb in a sky box full of Packer fans... I say we cross those bridges when we get there.

hahahaha

I reckon so