• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton rips Packer fans banner

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen many visiting team's fans hanging their banners at AT&T stadium without incident. A football game shouldn't be a life or death issue but only a diversion from everyday life.

We agree 100% there.

DAL, ATL...we see Charlotte...there are a few places where an opposing banner might be tolerated...but many are not.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ones who are concerned with the respect for a piece of vinyl.
Well it is the fan's personal property. If he wasn't a pro athlete he'd be charged with theft right now.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he took it from a child and the child cried, I would feel bad for that child. But a grown man that gets his sign destroyed, cries about it, then other grown men get indignant about that guys sign? Give me a fucking break... I don't disagree that Cam was being childish, but everyone else seems to be following suit.
So in your opinion opposing fans have no right to express support for their team.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans should be well mannered and should expect opposing team's fans to be able to display allegiance to their team. If folks get that upset over a banner maybe they have anger management issues and should seek emotional counseling.

You are probably right but we are talking about an average of probably 60 to 70 thousand fans at each venue, many drunk or high. Your expectations that every single one should be well behaved are duly noted, but they are also extremely naive. I'm sure you know very well how unruly sports fans can get and when someone purposely prods them by displaying a rival banner at their stadium its akin to waving a red cape at a bull. I agree people should be able to compose themselves but we all know that just isn't the case. I think whether you are within your rights or not, if you are a visiting fan there are some simple (non written) rules to follow if you don't want to cause a scene or start a fight. Among the top of the list would be: don't bring a huge banner saying 'this is Packer country' to a Panther game.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam did something stupid and now has exposed himself to a sideshow.

He should be focused on leading his team rather than acting like he is still in college.
I usually disagree with you but you are spot on concerning this issue.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in your opinion opposing fans have no right to express support for their team.

No. I never said anything even close to that. You're trying too hard.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably right but we are talking about an average of probably 60 to 70 thousand fans at each venue, many drunk or high. Your expectations that every single one should be well behaved are duly noted, but they are also extremely naive. I'm sure you know very well how unruly sports fans can get and when someone purposely prods them by displaying a rival banner at their stadium its akin to waving a red cape at a bull. I agree people should be able to compose themselves but we all know that just isn't the case. I think whether you are within your rights or not, if you are a visiting fan there are some simple (non written) rules to follow if you don't want to cause a scene or start a fight. Among the top of the list would be: don't bring a huge banner saying 'this is Packer country' to a Panther game.
Like I said before I've seen many opposing team's signs at AT&T stadium. I don't recall any violent incidents either.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is a moron. Let see him bring a banner into Philly or the Black hole and see what happens.

The biggest crime here is Newton's massacring the English language.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is a moron. Let see him bring a banner into Philly or the Black hole and see what happens.

The biggest crime here is Newton's massacring the English language.
No, the guy is a fan supporting his team.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam did something stupid and now has exposed himself to a sideshow.

He should be focused on leading his team rather than acting like he is still in college.

I'm not a fan of Cam Newton in the slightest, but as far as I know he's only ripped one banner. I believe he gives some fan the football every time he scores, usually a kid if one is close by. So if people are going to rake him over the coals for the banner incident I think it would be fair to point out when he's being a good guy too.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with this whatsoever.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure you did and I'm not trying hard at all.

Show me where I said that, or anything close.....

You have to the right to support your team. You even have the right to act like a little girl when someone rips up your piece of paper. But I also have the right to call you a little bitch if you do so.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before I've seen many opposing team's signs at AT&T stadium. I don't recall any violent incidents either.

That's the way it ought to be. In a perfect world it would always be like that, but we've all seen many, many stories of fights and even deaths from rival fans at games. I'm just suggesting using common sense when you are the visitor to another teams stadium.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where I said that, or anything close.....

You have to the right to support your team. You even have the right to act like a little girl when someone rips up your piece of paper. But I also have the right to call you a little bitch if you do so.
Why was the fan acting like a little girl? Newton was the one acting like a snotty nosed kid by ripping up the sign.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the way it ought to be. In a perfect world it would always be like that, but we've all seen many, many stories of fights and even deaths from rival fans at games. I'm just suggesting using common sense when you are the visitor to another teams stadium.
That we've degenerated that far down as a society is sad. Whatever happened to sportsmanship?