• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton rips Packer fans banner

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same liberal douches complaining about this are the ones complaining about a supposed 'dirty hit' by Joyner. Whatever. Sue for the cost of the banner? Are you people f'ing kidding me? I just don't even.... /facepalm

God this country breeds more and more dumbass people into existence every day.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same liberal douches complaining about this are the ones complaining about a supposed 'dirty hit' by Joyner. Whatever. Sue for the cost of the banner? Are you people f'ing kidding me? I just don't even.... /facepalm

You're right. Most of them could've been aborted. Damned pro-life

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know what "display on any surface" means? If he's hanging it down in front of the railing, even if he's still holding it, he's in violation of the policy.

Seriously people, this isn't hard. If the guy didn't want to lose his banner, he shouldn't have brought it to the opposing stadium. That's just asking for trouble.

As I said before it was a dumb thing to do but the guy is just trying to get the Panthers to stand up and uphold their policy they have for stadium signs. If you google around enough there is even one article that said he had approval to bring the sign if it was not attached to anything and hand held

Display on a surface means that the banner has to be actually touching something. It has to be touching a surface not that their is much surface to a railing.

But um no if people are holding something in their hands away from the railing and not touching it then it is not on any surface. If it was duct taped to the railing or tied to the railing it would them be attached to a surface.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before it was a dumb thing to do but the guy is just trying to get the Panthers to stand up and uphold their policy they have for stadium signs. If you google around enough there is even one article that said he had approval to bring the sign if it was not attached to anything and hand held

Display on a surface means that the banner has to be actually touching something. It has to be touching a surface not that their is much surface to a railing.

But um no if people are holding something in their hands away from the railing and not touching it then it is not on any surface. If it was duct taped to the railing or tied to the railing it would them be attached to a surface.
:burt:

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was this in Oakland ? (doubt it)

b6ea8beeff9ee7eddb5afd34724b9ed7.jpg

codycmon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two types of people are upset about this;
1. bitter packer fans
2. idiots

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WTF has librul got to do with it?

A libertarian could think the guy has every right to have his sign as some tree hugger would.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF has librul got to do with it?

A libertarian could think the guy has every right to have his sign as some tree hugger would.

Tree huggers are liberals, so that doesn't make much sense. :suds:

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now for the facts in the Bannergate situation:

Panthers to replace Packer fan's banner that Newton took

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Carolina Panthers say they plan to replace a banner that belonged to a Green Bay Packers fan that Cam Newton ripped down before the Sunday's NFL game.

Panthers executive director of stadium operations Scott Paul said Monday night on the team's website the team will review its current policy on banners and flags. Paul said the banner was in compliance with stadium regulations even though the team policy is that no banners or flags expressing support of visiting teams may be affixed to or displayed on surface.

"We've reached out to the owner of the banner and we're in the process of providing a replacement," Paul said on www.panthers.com

"I was shocked because that was the one thing that I wanted to prevent by following all of the policies, all the procedures," Dobs told ABC 11 in Fayetteville. "Going through everything that you asked me to do, and then you steal my property."

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, which is why I took the trouble to type out 'libertarian.'

You're throwing too many big words at me. Now I'm gonna take that as a sign of disrespect. Ease off it.

Reactions: chf
North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles franchise trophy case.

View attachment 50144

Not exactly true... Eagles have 1 Ed Thorp Memorial Trophy for the 1960 NFL Championship when they beat the Green Bay Packers... only team ever to hand Lombardi a loss in the post season.

That is Packers history 101 for anyone that had to listen to their parents/grandparents always talk about the "Glory Days" of the Packers.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guy has too much time on his hand... needs to get a life.