• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton: I'm an African-American quarterback that may scare a lot of people because they haven't

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 290,000.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL...You saw me use the word "flamboyant" earlier in this thread, right?

Some NBA players have been doing the same thing the past couple of years. I don't know if they think it's funny or if they think it looks good...because I'm white.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe SF234 started a thread that doesn't involve sex, gum, booze, or french broads giving him the finger...

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is affected by racial definitions. Pointing to one group and saying that, as a group, they should rise above those socially invented constructs is giving society a pass and blaming the targets of the bias.

Instead of saying "black people should stop focusing on their race" how bout that we demand that all people stop focusing on race and instead challenge the entire concept...

I don't disagree with that at all. As I've said, it's all people. We are Americans. It's time that we simply accept everyone under this banner without predudice to race. We don't need to define ourselves as "African-American" or "German-American" or "Italian-American". We are all just...American. And it's far past time that we treat one another that way as well.

I think Roosevelt said it best:

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all"

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...You saw me use the word "flamboyant" earlier in this thread, right?

Some NBA players have been doing the same thing the past couple of years. I don't know if they think it's funny or if they think it looks good...because I'm white.

That's his problem this isn't the NBA, :L

I don't have a problem with him using the national stage to promote a cause, but pick another topic! Your making millions of dollars and you think common folk don't like you cause your black? Newsflash there self centered one, its cause you make millions, dance around like a fool, you want to talk about something, talk about the kids you hand balls too, make it about kids and you'll have people eating out of your palm!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The term African American is fucking retarded.

What do you call a black person from Europe? Australia?

PC bullshit, that doesn't make an ounce of sense.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Sherman says hi.

Off field actions rarely affect how fans see players on the field. Unless they are doing bad things.

Which is even more pathetic. Sherman is a great guy too. People just see what they want to see.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 290,000.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, he's done enough good things off the field to act like a douche on it. It still doesn't mean that everyone has to like him.

I love Richard Sherman. He's got a great story. We will be seeing him long after his playing career is over, possibly in broadcasting or in some other hi-profile business. He's this generation's Deion Sanders.

Who didn't love Deion?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they completely ignore what he does when not playing football:

Cam Newton gives the shirt off his back to a Wounded Warrior

But let people continue to blindly hate him. It's whatever.

You are far too invested for a fan. Why do you care? Unless you are his Mom or brother er' something, then who really gives a fuck? I'm certain he doesn't lose any sleep over it. He prolly just stuffs a few hundred grand into his pillow case to make it more comfy.

For realz tho, you are 8 pages in, defending this dude you don't even know. That's almost as annoying as blindly hating him, no?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The term African American is fucking retarded.

What do you call a black person from Europe? Australia?

PC bullshit, that doesn't make an ounce of sense.

Yeah. It's not like African-Americans have any sort of unique shared history that they could identify with. Really African-American heritage is really no different than Italian-American or Irish-American heritage.

And I think it is also time for us to get rid of those stupid St. Patrick's Day parades. And Columbus Day.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 290,000.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For realz tho, you are 8 pages in, defending this dude you don't even know. That's almost as annoying as blindly hating him?

I will SUE yerass for defecation of caricature!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. It's not like African-Americans have any sort of unique shared history that they could identify with. Really African-American heritage is really no different than Italian-American or Irish-American heritage.

And I think it is also time for us to get rid of those stupid St. Patrick's Day parades. And Columbus Day.

I'm all for it.

People that cling to that shit suffer from an identity-crisis.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 290,000.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now you're messin' with people's drinkin...don't expect a lot of traction for this movement

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People used to criticize Muhammad Ali for this (arrogance, flamboyance) back in the day.

Then Ali became a Muslim and a conscientious objector to the Vietnam War.

This added to the criticism.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we're at it, let's take all the fuckers that live in L.A. and N.Y. who wear that shit like an arm badge and have to remind you of their place of residence every opportunity they get...and put them on a boat too.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are far too invested for a fan. Why do you care? Unless you are his Mom or brother er' something, then who really gives a fuck? I'm certain he doesn't lose any sleep over it. He prolly just stuffs a few hundred grand into his pillow case to make it more comfy.

For realz tho, you are 8 pages in, defending this dude you don't even know. That's almost as annoying as blindly hating him, no?

Meh. You're right.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Richard Sherman. He's got a great story. We will be seeing him long after his playing career is over, possibly in broadcasting or in some other hi-profile business. He's this generation's Deion Sanders.

Who didn't love Deion?

Which Deion are you referring too, the Deion that partied, drank, and bang hot chicks

or

the Deion that found god?