• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton: I'm an African-American quarterback that may scare a lot of people because they haven't

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go back to Canadia, fucking immigrant! And fuck the Quebecois for ruining Coastal Maine...it used to be cool...

Coastal Maine was nothing but a bunch of rocks and some salt water before the Quebecois showed up. Now you can wear your speedo and not look out of place.

You're welcome.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with Russell Wilson not getting shit for the SuperBowl interception, you have to take into consideration that it was the correct read on the play and it wasn't a bad throw. It was more a great play by Malcolm Butler and poor play calling by the Seahawks.

It was a terrible play call.

It was a bad throw.

And it was clearly DPI.

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds about right.

Conversely, if a white guy acts stupid, it's because he's just stupid.

But If a black guy acts stupid, it's because he's a stupid n**g*r.

You serious guy? When you get time let your parents know that they did a crappy job of raising you.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You serious guy? When you get time let your parents know that they did a crappy job of raising you.

I don't talk to them much anymore. Hell yeah, they sucked. Thankfully I learned some things on my own.

Your assumption is correct that my example comes straight out of my family. I would listen to both of my parents go "that n***er is worthless" or "that stewpit n**g*r!" hundreds of times, while excusing or ignoring similar behavior from white people. Of course, they would never do it directly to a person of color. Most racism is like that; It's not overt physical acts but a mentality. It's not all burning crosses and lynch mobs, but it's attitudes and subtle cues in social interactions.

There is definitely still a double standard in this country on how people are perceived based on skin color, the problem is, you can't always prove it.

Some folks like to deny it, but I'm sorry, I've just seen too much contrary evidence to believe that we've somehow conquered racism.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam gets hate not for celebrating but how he does it. Normal players when they score they do something right away like a spike or a dance and no one cares. But if you watch Cam he'll wait like 15-20 seconds after he scored before he dabs and that's what people have a problem with. He waits until all the attention is on him and then he does something.

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People don't like it because he's a QB, not because he's black. Vick, McNabb, Culpepper, Cunningham, Moon, RGII, Wilson, etc. don't get his criticism because they don't celebrate like him. For some reason people think QBs should be different, but not everyone acts the same and there's nothing wrong with what he does. Besides the average newton hater looks about this old:

hires_wide-25a4356c0bc45a5e06c696b42f717d696a802bcd.jpg

He plays a fucking game for millions of dollars and is one of the best at it. People act like what he, or any athlete, does is important. Its not its just a game, stop taking it so seriously.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam gets hate not for celebrating but how he does it. Normal players when they score they do something right away like a spike or a dance and no one cares. But if you watch Cam he'll wait like 15-20 seconds after he scored before he dabs and that's what people have a problem with. He waits until all the attention is on him and then he does something.

He's like the Donald Trump of NFL quarterbacks

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People don't like it because he's a QB, not because he's black. Vick, McNabb, Culpepper, Cunningham, Moon, RGII, Wilson, etc. don't get his criticism because they don't celebrate like him. For some reason people think QBs should be different, but not everyone acts the same and there's nothing wrong with what he does. Besides the average newton hater looks about this old:

View attachment 83468

He plays a fucking game for millions of dollars and is one of the best at it. People act like what he, or any athlete, does is important. Its not its just a game, stop taking it so seriously.

You serious? Culpepper got destroyed for "Get Your Roll on"

McNair got destroyed for making "gang symbols" (when it was actually a fraternity thing from Alcorn State.

The NFL also brought this on themselves for banning team celebrations. Because that's one of the biggest things is TDs are a team accomplishment, so don't make it all about you.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't talk to them much anymore. Hell yeah, they sucked. Thankfully I learned some things on my own.

Your assumption is correct that my example comes straight out of my family. I would listen to both of my parents go "that n***er is worthless" or "that stewpit n**g*r!" hundreds of times, while excusing or ignoring similar behavior from white people. Of course, they would never do it directly to a person of color. Most racism is like that; It's not overt physical acts but a mentality. It's not all burning crosses and lynch mobs, but it's attitudes and subtle cues in social interactions.

There is definitely still a double standard in this country on how people are perceived based on skin color, the problem is, you can't always prove it.

Some folks like to deny it, but I'm sorry, I've just seen too much contrary evidence to believe that we've somehow conquered racism.

Very interesting post to me, since I was also exposed to a lot of racist attitudes when I was growing up. I know that there are downsides to political correctness, but I think that it discourages overt racism in such a way that racist attitudes slowly erode.

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You serious? Culpepper got destroyed for "Get Your Roll on"

McNair got destroyed for making "gang symbols" (when it was actually a fraternity thing from Alcorn State.

The NFL also brought this on themselves for banning team celebrations. Because that's one of the biggest things is TDs are a team accomplishment, so don't make it all about you.

Really?

I don't remember Culpepper criticism, but I'll take your word for it if you do.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam celebrates excessively more than any other QB.

discount-double-check.gif

People took umbrage to this, until it was prominently displayed in commercials... then it became funny. :L

People are ok with receivers and running backs doing it. Just not the QBs, who are supposed to be leaders, and smarter.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting post to me, since I was also exposed to a lot of racist attitudes when I was growing up. I know that there are downsides to political correctness, but I think that it discourages overt racism in such a way that racist attitudes slowly erode.

Clearly they do for some of us, but it might also re-inforce those attitudes in others of us who just do a better job of hiding it.

I also think the PC movement forces people to NOT discuss racism openly. Everyone is either too afraid or too angry to really have meaningful discussions about race.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 83471

People took umbrage to this, until it was prominently displayed in commercials... then it became funny. :L

People are ok with receivers and running backs doing it. Just not the QBs, who are supposed to be leaders, and smarter.

So leaders can't enjoy on-field success.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey man! Leave the Quebecois out of this. Most of them are good people. Vive le Québec libre!

Yeah, most of em are cool...I just hate that snail-and-cheese-eating half-frog, Rex Racer, with his non-showering, and his woman's hairy armpits

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So leaders can't enjoy on-field success.

Me personally? I wish they'd all do their little celebration among themselves and get back to the sidelines. Whether it's offense or defense. Jared Allen's hog tie. Josh Robison's fishing. Even as a Vikings' fan, it drove me nuts.