• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton: I'm an African-American quarterback that may scare a lot of people because they haven't

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is ghey and apparently, so are you.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. :rolleyes2: Hell, I'm sure it's considered normal in your neighborhood
I heard you like big wieners in and around your mouth...

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You mean that Cam looks at this and is not embarrassed? He can do what he wants and say what he wants and I don't really give a rat's ass. Next weekend will be the second Panthers game I'll have ever watched. It's hard not to poke fun though.

Really Cam? ...and you'll draw the race card over this?

giphy.gif

He looks like he's Elaine Benes dancing on Seinfeld.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to say it, I'm tired of African American males always bringing up the race card...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to say it, I'm tired of African American males always bringing up the race card...

I know eh? All those times I've been in fear of my life for driving while white.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to read through this entire mess of a thread but I will say this:

*You want Cam to stop celebrating? Stop him and he won't be celebrating.

*While I have no problem with him doing his ridiculous TD dances, the fact that he makes a big deal celebration over getting a first down is just stupid. A first down is no reason to celebrate. Get the job done before you celebrate.

*I enjoy watching football and I enjoy the effort and performances of lots of players (including Cam when he makes good plays), but I am sick of people telling me that it is a race issue just because a black player gets criticized. At least for me, it is not a race issue and for people to automatically say it is, as in this instance, is just as fucking stupid as the people who actually do hate people because of race.

*NFL football is 75% minority players. Would a true racist really be a fan of a sport that is comprised mostly of people that they hate?

Bottom line: People need to stop criticizing Cam for his TD celebrations. Let him do what he wants. If your team can stop him then it becomes a non-issue.
And the other side needs to stop trying to make this a racial issue. Cam's celebrating of insignificant accomplishments (like getting a first down or scratching his ass) is annoying. People need to realize that this is the case and that any player of any color who acts like that will be open to critics.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I’m an African-American quarterback that may scare a lot of people because they haven’t seen nothing that they can compare me to.”

Actually, I've seen many African American athletes who don't use proper sentences.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celebrating is one thing, doing a choreographed move is another.

Look I get, douchey people like Cam doing douchey stuff. Just own it.

We douchey people will own it once you people with sticks stuck up your asses will own that you're haters and haters gotta hate.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I took what Cam said not to refer strictly to skin color.

Wilson's a running QB, a better running QB than Cam imo except in goal to go or similar situations. He's not 6'5", 250+ pounds though.

Big Ben and I'll say Andrew Luck as well are both up there height/weight-wise with Cam, but Ben's not a runner. Luck isn't really a runner either, but he can run and he does it pretty well when he does. But in the sense of being able to hold up and withstand the punishment that comes with running. Luck doesn't compare to Cam.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celebrating is one thing, doing a choreographed move is another.

Look I get, douchey people like Cam doing douchey stuff. Just own it.

Discount double check is choreographed.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You mean that Cam looks at this and is not embarrassed? He can do what he wants and say what he wants and I don't really give a rat's ass. Next weekend will be the second Panthers game I'll have ever watched. It's hard not to poke fun though.

Really Cam? ...and you'll draw the race card over this?

View attachment 83185

He looks like he's Elaine Benes dancing on Seinfeld.

I don't really have a problem w/ celebrations such as this one. However - I do take issue w/ Newton for continuing the celebration once it obvious that a fight is about to break out. At that pt - he taunts the player in front of him for a while & almost seems to relish in it to the pt of wanting to stir up an all out brawl. That is extremely unprofessional & my guess would be over the next few years Newton will mature to the pt of minimizing that type of behavior.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*NFL football is 75% minority players. Would a true racist really be a fan of a sport that is comprised mostly of people that they hate?

Yes.

You don't have to hate a particular group of people to be a racist. If you or anyone including myself think that they are better/superior over someone simply because of the color of their skin. They're a racist,

If a person thinks another person isn't qualified to do a certain job. Simply because of the color of their skin. I'd say chances are very good that person's a racist. Or at the very least, have been brought up in and taught a racist mindset.