• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton: I'm an African-American quarterback that may scare a lot of people because they haven't

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Cam, I think he's fun as hell to watch, but I can absolutely see how people hate him.

Say Andrew Luck puts up 35 against the Bears in the first half, and after every TD did 3 choreographed dances, I'd probably hate him. Yeah some people hate Cam because he's a boisterous black dude, but other people hate him because he often comes across as a pompous ass.

This

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is a lot of players celebrate when they score and that's perfectly fine but when you celebrate on every first down it is excessive. Kinda pathetic actually.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Race is an invented concept. Humans arbitrarily segregated themselves based on skin color and then tried to pretend that there were actual difference between the people. But we could do the exact same thing based on eye color or hair color and it would just as meaingless.

Class is another 'invented' concept. But it's very real to those living with the definition(s).

So disagree that it's meaningless.

Couldn't disagree more. Surprised you'd even type that.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Anyone can see this. He celebrates every first down, it is beyond excessive. Cam has never had class though so it makes sense. Great player though.
There is one way of stopping Cam and his celerating. Give him a couple of hard "clean hits". Make him wobble around a little, maybe even a concussion or two.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I hear about Cam Newtons endzone dealy, I want to hot knife some hash.

And it scares me that his teeth are so perfect. And so white.

"hot-knife", I haven't heard that term in forever, lo! :)

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is one way of stopping Cam and his celerating. Give him a couple of hard "clean hits". Make him wobble around a little, maybe even a concussion or two.

FUCK this mindset. People say the same shit in baseball circles. "He pimped his homerun, put one in his earhole". If you are intentionally trying to injure someone, you're a fucking idiot.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of all the celebrating,especially when a defender does it after giving up a twenty yard play.

But as long as Cam keeps giving little kids the ball after a TD...keep celebrating.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a point.

Aaron Rodgers does the double check dance/celebration and people love it, make a effing commercial about it.

Cam Newton does any dance and Seahawk fans want him banned from their stadium.
I don't think Rodgers has done that since him and Kevin broke up

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK this mindset. People say the same shit in baseball circles. "He pimped his homerun, put one in his earhole". If you are intentionally trying to injure someone, you're a fucking idiot.
Agreed.

In baseball, you don't aim for the head. You go for the ribs on down to the thigh. You want to send a message, not kill the guy.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a point.

Aaron Rodgers does the double check dance/celebration and people love it, make a effing commercial about it.

Who loves it? It's gay as hell and he looks like an ass when he does it?

How about; "act like you've been there before"?

First of all, Rodgers can do whatever he wants. He walks on water. Second of all, he hasn't done that celebration in ages. Third of all, Rex Racer likes wieners in and around his mouth.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, Rodgers can do whatever he wants. He walks on water. Second of all, he hasn't done that celebration in ages. Third of all, I like wieners in and around my mouth.....and young boys.

Rodgers is ghey and apparently, so are you.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. :rolleyes2: Hell, I'm sure it's considered normal in your neighborhood

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a point.

Yes but Aaron has one thing Cam doesn't;

A ring !

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Class is another 'invented' concept. But it's very real to those living with the definition(s).

So disagree that it's meaningless.

Couldn't disagree more. Surprised you'd even type that.

I think you took away the wrong thing from comment.

My point wasn't that race and class have no practical impact. My point is that the distinctions are arbitrary and have no inherent value. The fact that those arbitrary distinctions have a real world and often deleterious effect doesn't change that fact.

For much of human history, lineage was a far greater predictor of class status. Things like race affecting class status came later.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with Cam doing whatever but I honestly didn't think for a second all of the hate he gets is because he is black. I thought it was because he and his team were kicking everyone's ass? I guess this year isn't like any other year where the best team ALWAYS gets bashed for whatever reason because admitting they are the better team rarely happens? :noidea:

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, young athletes all amped up after making a play is nothing. Stop them from scoring and do your own dance.
Anyone old enough to have seen the Icky suffle?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Cam really dealing with all that much hostility?