• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Calvin-to-Stafford Favor

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the last 3 years Calvin averaged 1261 yards per season. Someone on the Lions has to get a share of that. Right? I don't trust Tate to be the WR1. Will it be Ebron to finally shine? Or do the Lions bring in a free agent?

I don't think Megatron's retirement will translate well for the Lions offense. You can't just plug in another guy and expect him to be as great as Calvin.
The KoolAid drinker in me thinks this is a great opportunity for Staff to step and become a better QB. His security blanket is gone. Time to make reads, pump fake guys off, exploit mismatches and take his game to the next level.

And I absolutely expect to see a FA receiver. My first choice comes with a tainted past....

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I absolutely expect to see a FA receiver. My first choice comes with a tainted past....

Not a FA but i hope Quinn takes a look at Garcon and Jackson both may be available as the Redskins need some cap room and both guys could be cut or traded saving them around 8 million each

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a FA but i hope Quinn takes a look at Garcon and Jackson both may be available as the Redskins need some cap room and both guys could be cut or traded saving them around 8 million each
I'm not against either of them. (dJax could be a big playmaker deep for Staff.). But if we go the route of adding another smaller frame/shorter receiver, Id like to see another big option added also.

Don't want Ebron being the only one....

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not against either of them. (dJax could be a big playmaker deep for Staff.). But if we go the route of adding another smaller frame/shorter receiver, Id like to see another big option added also.

Don't want Ebron being the only one....

You need to give Ebron a chance. And Abdullah.... :skip:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The KoolAid drinker in me thinks this is a great opportunity for Staff to step and become a better QB. His security blanket is gone. Time to make reads, pump fake guys off, exploit mismatches and take his game to the next level.

I will pass on Garcon. Dude catches about as well as Ebron. Jackson I could live with but I am not sure he will be any better than TJ Jones next year. I would rather have a bigger body. Marvin Jones would be nice.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will pass on Garcon. Dude catches about as well as Ebron. Jackson I could live with but I am not sure he will be any better than TJ Jones next year. I would rather have a bigger body. Marvin Jones would be nice.
If you think TJ Jones can perform at a DJax level, I need some of what you've been smoking.

Or I need to replace my CJ with a TJ jersey.

He is our most talented Golden Domer, I'll give him that. Not sure if he's our tallest.... Hmmm...

We should talk TJ Jones more around here really.

I've heard Marvin Jones from a few people. Honestly, I have no opinion on him what so ever. Couldn't even pick the guy out of a lineup.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will pass on Garcon. Dude catches about as well as Ebron.
IMO I thought Garcon had great hands, behind Calvin and Fitz. Both Garcon and DJax are 29, but neither is a "jump-ball" guy like Calvin is.

Looking at the list of free agent WR, Percy Harvin could be a nice fit. You just have to wonder if he can stay healthy enough to see the field.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO I thought Garcon had great hands, behind Calvin and Fitz. Both Garcon and DJax are 29, but neither is a "jump-ball" guy like Calvin is.

Looking at the list of free agent WR, Percy Harvin could be a nice fit. You just have to wonder if he can stay healthy enough to see the field.

The Bears can sign Percy Harvin. I think that would be a nice fit with Cutler.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears can sign Percy Harvin. I think that would be a nice fit with Cutler.

I'd take him. He's a game-changer when he's healthy. And he'd add depth behind Jeffery and White.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think TJ Jones can perform at a DJax level, I need some of what you've been smoking.

Or I need to replace my CJ with a TJ jersey.

He is our most talented Golden Domer, I'll give him that. Not sure if he's our tallest.... Hmmm...

We should talk TJ Jones more around here really.

I've heard Marvin Jones from a few people. Honestly, I have no opinion on him what so ever. Couldn't even pick the guy out of a lineup.

Djax regressed last year and I would not be surprised to see him continue that trend. TJ is just starting to play more and we should see him get more time now that CJ is gone.

I am high on TJ but I do not think he is smokeable.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That won't happen. Bears will franchise Jeffery.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin's salary still affects it. Because it's the average of the top 10 salaries from the previous year. The franchise average will be a little over 13 million.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alshon Jefferey is junk. His bad body has always and will always give him issues. Like Calvin, he takes on too many injuries because of his size. But he's not half the freak Calvin is. Only played 2 full seasons out of his first four, and that trend will continue. Yuck. Bears can have him.

He's also 0-6 vs the Lions last three years. Let Chicago overpay him.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My bad. I was thinking of Hankerson. He led the league in drop %. Garcon would probably be better than DJax for us.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garçon and most every receiver have better hands than Calvin did. Dude lost us two games this year cuz he can't hang on to a football. Won't miss that part one bit.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alshon Jefferey is junk. ... Yuck. Bears can have him.

He's also 0-6 vs the Lions last three years. Let Chicago overpay him.

Actually, the last 3 years, he's 0-5 vs the Lions.
I'd be hard pressed to pin losses on a WR. Especially when Alshon has posted 511 yards and 5 TD in those 5 games vs Detroit.

And for the record, every NFL player is overpaid.