• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Calling out fellow Hooplans whose teams missed the playoffs - Who are you rooting for now?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers....mainly for Rivers. Just to shut up the 'he didn't win a SB' stupidity.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though my Vikes' season is officially over, I still like football enough to have some preferences for the playoffs/Superbowl. Discuss your own here, assuming your team is out of it. For those of you whose teams made it, discuss secondary preferences you'd have if your team didn't win the Superbowl.

Personally, I'll be rooting for Nick Foles. Bear in mind, that doesn't mean that I'm rooting for the Eagles in general. On the contrary, I just like the story of Nick Foles, and lettuce beef cereal - Philly winning a 2nd title with Foles under center would be the ultimate catch 22 scenario for Philadelphia and their fan base. As desperately as they want Wentz to be "the guy" of their future, his mental confidence would be irreparably crushed if they made a second Superbowl run with Foles finishing the job at QB.

Furthermore, Foles will only be freshly 30 after the Superbowl, meaning he'd have upwards of 6-9 more years of his prime left (very possibly leaning towards the upper end of that scale since he hasn't consistently taken the beatings of a full-time starter over the years). As much as they'd want to delude themselves, I don't see how the Eagles could possibly just jettison Foles out of town in the event of him delivering two consecutive Superbowls to that title-starved city, especially if he has another outstanding playoff/SB performance himself. They'd be forced to choose between paying up to keep Foles long-term and trading Wentz for a haul from numerous teams that'd be willing to give up a king's ransom for him, or letting Foles walk elsewhere for free and hope the injury-prone Wentz can get over the confidence issues he'll forever endure trying to live up to the titles Foles brought to the franchise.

If not Foles, then I'll be begrudgingly rooting for Brees to get a second title despite hating New Orleans as a team. If any one guy deserves another ring, it's Drew Brees. I think he's severely underrated in terms of his status among the all-time legends, and another title should help put him in his rightful place in the discussion, which IMO is at least top-10 GOAT.

Cliffs:

- Who are you rooting for in the playoffs besides your own team? Discuss why.

- Go Nick Foles!!!!!!!!
:lol:

If Nick Foles wins the Super Bowl Wentz is the backup next year and we head towards a 3rd Super Bowl.

The only people getting ahead of themselves are fans. Clueless ones mostly.

The Eagles will have needed two QBs to win two consecutive Super Bowls so they again would go into camp with two QBs.

Doug Pederson has proven every single year he will overspend resources at the position. And every year he is proven smarter than everyone else when it pays off. Every year.

You don't have to be smart enough to see it for yourself, but now you know anyway.:thumb:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Colts...

:think:..or.....

*enter the who's "we wont get fooled again*
EEEYEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHH:thrasher:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t there already a QB dilemma? I mean if Foles wins the SB ... I don’t see the dilemma.

Eagles and Eagles fans for some reason are riding Wentz's dick like he's done anything for them aside from one really good regular season. Last I checked, since Wentz was drafted, Wentz is 23-17 as Eagles starter. Foles is 6-2 in the regular season and 3-0 in the playoffs. If he wins the SB again, Eagles fans will still call for Wentz to be the starter.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles and Eagles fans for some reason are riding Wentz's dick like he's done anything for them aside from one really good regular season. Last I checked, since Wentz was drafted, Wentz is 23-17 as Eagles starter. Foles is 6-2 in the regular season and 3-0 in the playoffs. If he wins the SB again, Eagles fans will still call for Wentz to be the starter.

It’s because they desperately want Wentz to be “that guy”. Honestly, I’ve yet to see it. Sure, sports writers are calling him “that guy” but why wouldn’t they?! That’s what you do with the number 2 pick in the draft. That is however till time creeps by and he doesn’t win shit. Next year will be a pivotal year for him. If he doesn’t deliver next year that’s why all the optimism (and that’s what they are really touting) will turn to doubt.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one going in, gonna be a game-by-game thing.

This weekend:
HOU - IND
LAC - BAL
SEA - DAL
PHI - CHI

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

If Nick Foles wins the Super Bowl Wentz is the backup next year and we head towards a 3rd Super Bowl.

The only people getting ahead of themselves are fans. Clueless ones mostly.

The Eagles will have needed two QBs to win two consecutive Super Bowls so they again would go into camp with two QBs.

Doug Pederson has proven every single year he will overspend resources at the position. And every year he is proven smarter than everyone else when it pays off. Every year.

You don't have to be smart enough to see it for yourself, but now you know anyway.:thumb:

Pederson is not the only 1 to see it Cowboys did in the 90’s along with 49’ers just to name 2 that won super bowls with it also the Raiders and Giants back in the day. Patriots also did it with Brady and Grappalo It not a new concept but the execution is the key. Salary cap has made it more difficult.
No trying to start a fight just pointing out Pederson has not come up with a new radical concept
Just saying

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever I have money on

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% honesty i am only "rooting" for one guy /team thats foles. Just a cool story there
AFC teams
Colts-underdogs all year, and luck why not
Chiefs-Mahomes is fun to watch, but the games are kinda junk Big 12 games

NFC
Cowboys-The world would explode
Bears-The D is sick
Philly-Again LIke foles
Saints-Love some brees

im good with most nfc teams

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you Foles/ Wentz debaters don't worry their season will be over tomorrow so you can fine something else to debate!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you Foles/ Wentz debaters don't worry their season will be over tomorrow so you can fine something else to debate!

I’m still not sure if you’re Korean or Chinese.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u think a loss will stop them?
127 foles threads and counting:suds:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though my Vikes' season is officially over, I still like football enough to have some preferences for the playoffs/Superbowl. Discuss your own here, assuming your team is out of it. For those of you whose teams made it, discuss secondary preferences you'd have if your team didn't win the Superbowl.

Personally, I'll be rooting for Nick Foles. Bear in mind, that doesn't mean that I'm rooting for the Eagles in general. On the contrary, I just like the story of Nick Foles, and lettuce beef cereal - Philly winning a 2nd title with Foles under center would be the ultimate catch 22 scenario for Philadelphia and their fan base. As desperately as they want Wentz to be "the guy" of their future, his mental confidence would be irreparably crushed if they made a second Superbowl run with Foles finishing the job at QB.

Furthermore, Foles will only be freshly 30 after the Superbowl, meaning he'd have upwards of 6-9 more years of his prime left (very possibly leaning towards the upper end of that scale since he hasn't consistently taken the beatings of a full-time starter over the years). As much as they'd want to delude themselves, I don't see how the Eagles could possibly just jettison Foles out of town in the event of him delivering two consecutive Superbowls to that title-starved city, especially if he has another outstanding playoff/SB performance himself. They'd be forced to choose between paying up to keep Foles long-term and trading Wentz for a haul from numerous teams that'd be willing to give up a king's ransom for him, or letting Foles walk elsewhere for free and hope the injury-prone Wentz can get over the confidence issues he'll forever endure trying to live up to the titles Foles brought to the franchise.

If not Foles, then I'll be begrudgingly rooting for Brees to get a second title despite hating New Orleans as a team. If any one guy deserves another ring, it's Drew Brees. I think he's severely underrated in terms of his status among the all-time legends, and another title should help put him in his rightful place in the discussion, which IMO is at least top-10 GOAT.

Cliffs:

- Who are you rooting for in the playoffs besides your own team? Discuss why.

- Go Nick Foles!!!!!!!!

No one will give up a king's ransom for Wentz, that ship has sailed.

Foles' story is kinda cool and it's hard to root against him, but the Eagles are such a shitbag organization I just can't root for them whether the Pats are still in it or not.

Brees is definitely an easy guy to root for and the Saints would be on my short list of teams I would cheer on if New England gets knocked out of the tourney.

The remainder of that short list would include the Chargers and Rams. Part of me wants to see Andrew Luck win a SB if Brady and his boys are out of it, but the thought of rooting for a team owned by a drug addled Jim Irsay is too much to bear.

Fuck everybody else :finger:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2 best buddies are a Chiefs fan and a Bears fan so I guess those 2 but really as long as it's anyone but the Saints I don't care

So, you'll root for NE?

Good to know :dhd: