• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Calling out fellow Hooplans whose teams missed the playoffs - Who are you rooting for now?

aubie2006

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Texans don't make it, and as long as they have the secondary they have, I can't see them getting past the Luck Colts, I too am on the Foles bandwagon simply for the entertainment value of watching a particular Eagles fan pull his hair out in a panic-stricken state over the Foles-Wentz drama that would surely arise.
I can't say for sure that Foles is better than Wentz. But, like Fitzpatrick over Winston in TB, the Eagles just seem better when Foles is the QB.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears.

Roquan Smith, Leonard Floyd, Javon Wims.

All Damn Good Dawgs.

aubie2006

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to 2017, I think the AFC South was hands down the worst division in the NFL. Now, for the second straight year, this division sent tow teams to the playoffs, and the Colts may just be the hottest team in the NFL. I still don't know why the Jags fell as far as they did, but this once maligned division is going to be goof for years to come.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say for sure that Foles is better than Wentz. But, like Fitzpatrick over Winston in TB, the Eagles just seem better when Foles is the QB.

I think you are on to something here.

Wentz might be the better individual player. But the Eagles seem to play better as a team with Foles.

The second sentence is more important than the first.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2 best buddies are a Chiefs fan and a Bears fan so I guess those 2 but really as long as it's anyone but the Saints I don't care

I forgot to mention, while we're on the subject of teams/players other than our own we'd prefer to see succeed this postseason as things stand, we might as well also discuss the teams we do not want to win it. F the Bears, and I hope they get lit up by my main man Nick Foles this Sunday afternoon on his quest for ring #2... that is all.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually love Brees. It's just Saints fans who are the worst lol. Atlanta has fared pretty well vs Brees ( at least compared to Carolina or TB ). Tough to hate such a good dude

That's kind of how I felt/feel about the Packer years of Brett Favre, although he's not quite as admirable as Brees in his personal life outside of football. Dude was still a legend and undeniably fun to watch play the game, and even being a Vikings fan couldn't make me inherently hate him despite my disdain for the Packers.

Aaron "Me, me, ME!!!!" Rodgers is a different story, on the other hand... he is extremely to dislike just based on his personality, and his Packer status royally compounds that for me lol.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m just glad that the Steelers didn't get in. That organization is an embarrassment to the league right now.

It was funny watching the Browns fail to beat the Ravens while the Steelers players where watching game on big screen. I l lol'd

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like defense so I would like to see Baltimore and Chicago.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Texans don't make it, and as long as they have the secondary they have, I can't see them getting past the Luck Colts, I too am on the Foles bandwagon simply for the entertainment value of watching a particular Eagles fan pull his hair out in a panic-stricken state over the Foles-Wentz drama that would surely arise.

Even if Foles/the Eagles are NOT your preferred secondary choice over your own team for this postseason, I am very confident that the Foles/Wentz drama another Foles Superbowl would bring upon the Eagles fans of this forum would serve as legendary comedy gold for the rest of us for many years to come... so literally any of us should be able to get at least a tiny bit of enjoyment out of it, if for no other reason than to watch certain Eagles fans here squirm and fight among one another despite being repeat Superbowl champs.

:dhd:

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel dirty saying it but me too...

As much as I've disliked the Seahags for the past several years, they can sort of relate to us after Blair Walsh Bill Cosby'ed them the same way he did to us. So I can at least appreciate that they too have suffered. I still don't get why Seattle likes picking up our leftovers... Nate Burleson, Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin, Blair Walsh... it never seems to work out from them, and you'd think they'd eventually learn that emulating the Vikings by picking up their failed projects is a very poor strategy.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I've disliked the Seahags for the past several years, they can sort of relate to us after Blair Walsh Bill Cosby'ed them the same way he did to us. So I can at least appreciate that they too have suffered. I still don't get why Seattle likes picking up our leftovers... Nate Burleson, Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin, Blair Walsh... it never seems to work out from them, and you'd think they'd eventually learn that emulating the Vikings by picking up their failed projects is a very poor strategy.

Also, thanks for Steve Hutchinson!