• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Calling out fellow Hooplans whose teams missed the playoffs - Who are you rooting for now?

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate all other teams equally, well aside from Dallas and New England...

Okay fair enough, but please tell me that you at least hold a special place of dislike somewhere deep in your bitter, jaded Vikings heart for the Packers.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay fair enough, but please tell me that you at least hold a special place of dislike somewhere deep in your bitter, jaded Vikings heart for the Packers.

I will root for the Packers before I would Dallas or New England.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carl Eller, John Randle, Keith Millard, Kevin Williams

Alright, you've made a fair point. I'll revise my position to say that Seattle should steer clear of former Vikings offensive players and kickers.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, you've made a fair point. I'll revise my position to say that Seattle should steer clear of former Vikings offensive players and kickers.

No, that's not what I meant all of those guys that I mentioned were at the end of their careers, although Randle was pretty good for them though...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest, we're NEVER going to get over that Herschel Walker trade...

I blame Mike Lynn not Dallas for that. My hatred of Dallas goes back to Drew Pearson pushing Nate Wright down...

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's not what I meant all of those guys that I mentioned were at the end of their careers, although Randle was pretty good for them though...

Dammit yeah I caught that now. Brain fart just thinking the best when you name Viking legends.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddy Bridgewater. I'm hoping Drew Brees breaks his collarbone, and Teddy takes over.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though my Vikes' season is officially over, I still like football enough to have some preferences for the playoffs/Superbowl. Discuss your own here, assuming your team is out of it. For those of you whose teams made it, discuss secondary preferences you'd have if your team didn't win the Superbowl.

Personally, I'll be rooting for Nick Foles. Bear in mind, that doesn't mean that I'm rooting for the Eagles in general. On the contrary, I just like the story of Nick Foles, and lettuce beef cereal - Philly winning a 2nd title with Foles under center would be the ultimate catch 22 scenario for Philadelphia and their fan base. As desperately as they want Wentz to be "the guy" of their future, his mental confidence would be irreparably crushed if they made a second Superbowl run with Foles finishing the job at QB.

Furthermore, Foles will only be freshly 30 after the Superbowl, meaning he'd have upwards of 6-9 more years of his prime left (very possibly leaning towards the upper end of that scale since he hasn't consistently taken the beatings of a full-time starter over the years). As much as they'd want to delude themselves, I don't see how the Eagles could possibly just jettison Foles out of town in the event of him delivering two consecutive Superbowls to that title-starved city, especially if he has another outstanding playoff/SB performance himself. They'd be forced to choose between paying up to keep Foles long-term and trading Wentz for a haul from numerous teams that'd be willing to give up a king's ransom for him, or letting Foles walk elsewhere for free and hope the injury-prone Wentz can get over the confidence issues he'll forever endure trying to live up to the titles Foles brought to the franchise.

If not Foles, then I'll be begrudgingly rooting for Brees to get a second title despite hating New Orleans as a team. If any one guy deserves another ring, it's Drew Brees. I think he's severely underrated in terms of his status among the all-time legends, and another title should help put him in his rightful place in the discussion, which IMO is at least top-10 GOAT.

Cliffs:

- Who are you rooting for in the playoffs besides your own team? Discuss why.

- Go Nick Foles!!!!!!!!
tenor.gif

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle.

Always has been and always will be Seattle when the Steelers are out.