• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Calling out fellow Hooplans whose teams missed the playoffs - Who are you rooting for now?

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, my Grandfather died this year and he cheered for the Cowboys since their birth as a franchise. So, while I fucking hate the Cowboys like any true American, I wouldn't mind seeing them win it for him.

On second thought, fuck that. Any way I can still cheer for the Browns?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I might have to actually make a pick in this thread by tonight. Got a weeks reprieve.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Mahomes fan...when my brother n - law the TT alum said I think we have a pro QB at Tech...not just the system guy...I took notice of him then.

With their DEF, KC is not in this position w/o this kid...so KC.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we're down to the conference championships games, I think it's time to revisit this thread.

As much as I dislike the Eagles as a team in general, it was fun to root for Foles because he was having a great story that simultaneously trolled the Eagles and their fans just as much as it was benefiting them. It was the ultimate catch-22, and who doesn't enjoy that type of comedy gold drama as an outsider and non-divisional rival?

But now that the Foles saga is over, I really don't even care about this playoffs season anymore. I don't like any of the remaining teams in particular. I do like Drew Brees, but he's not enough for me to start actively rooting for another Saints Superbowl title. I don't need to see another Patriots Superbowl and probably won't even watch it if they make it there; I'm literally too sick of seeing them make it that far to want to watch even for the sake of hoping they lose to teams I don't like any more than them.

I guess that leaves me passively rooting for Kansas City at this point. It'd be nice to see Andy Reid finally win a Superbowl, as well as getting a Superbowl that didn't involve the Patriots for everyone outside of their fan base. I'm not 100% sure I'll watch either of the Conference title games this Sunday, or even the Superbowl unless KC makes it. I'd probably roll with the Rams if they didn't have Suh on the roster, but I just can't root for that guy regardless of which team he plays for.