• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Calling out fellow Hooplans whose teams missed the playoffs - Who are you rooting for now?

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though my Vikes' season is officially over, I still like football enough to have some preferences for the playoffs/Superbowl. Discuss your own here, assuming your team is out of it. For those of you whose teams made it, discuss secondary preferences you'd have if your team didn't win the Superbowl.

Personally, I'll be rooting for Nick Foles. Bear in mind, that doesn't mean that I'm rooting for the Eagles in general. On the contrary, I just like the story of Nick Foles, and lettuce beef cereal - Philly winning a 2nd title with Foles under center would be the ultimate catch 22 scenario for Philadelphia and their fan base. As desperately as they want Wentz to be "the guy" of their future, his mental confidence would be irreparably crushed if they made a second Superbowl run with Foles finishing the job at QB.

Furthermore, Foles will only be freshly 30 after the Superbowl, meaning he'd have upwards of 6-9 more years of his prime left (very possibly leaning towards the upper end of that scale since he hasn't consistently taken the beatings of a full-time starter over the years). As much as they'd want to delude themselves, I don't see how the Eagles could possibly just jettison Foles out of town in the event of him delivering two consecutive Superbowls to that title-starved city, especially if he has another outstanding playoff/SB performance himself. They'd be forced to choose between paying up to keep Foles long-term and trading Wentz for a haul from numerous teams that'd be willing to give up a king's ransom for him, or letting Foles walk elsewhere for free and hope the injury-prone Wentz can get over the confidence issues he'll forever endure trying to live up to the titles Foles brought to the franchise.

If not Foles, then I'll be begrudgingly rooting for Brees to get a second title despite hating New Orleans as a team. If any one guy deserves another ring, it's Drew Brees. I think he's severely underrated in terms of his status among the all-time legends, and another title should help put him in his rightful place in the discussion, which IMO is at least top-10 GOAT.

Cliffs:

- Who are you rooting for in the playoffs besides your own team? Discuss why.

- Go Nick Foles!!!!!!!!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts

Frank Reich baby!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though my Vikes' season is officially over, I still like football enough to have some preferences for the playoffs/Superbowl. Discuss your own here, assuming your team is out of it. For those of you whose teams made it, discuss secondary preferences you'd have if your team didn't win the Superbowl.

Personally, I'll be rooting for Nick Foles. Bear in mind, that doesn't mean that I'm rooting for the Eagles in general. On the contrary, I just like the story of Nick Foles, and lettuce beef cereal - Philly winning a 2nd title with Foles under center would be the ultimate catch 22 scenario for Philadelphia and their fan base. As desperately as they want Wentz to be "the guy" of their future, his mental confidence would be irreparably crushed if they made a second Superbowl run with Foles finishing the job at QB.

Furthermore, Foles will only be freshly 30 after the Superbowl, meaning he'd have upwards of 6-9 more years of his prime left (very possibly leaning towards the upper end of that scale since he hasn't consistently taken the beatings of a full-time starter over the years). As much as they'd want to delude themselves, I don't see how the Eagles could possibly just jettison Foles out of town in the event of him delivering two consecutive Superbowls to that title-starved city, especially if he has another outstanding playoff/SB performance himself. They'd be forced to choose between paying up to keep Foles long-term and trading Wentz for a haul from numerous teams that'd be willing to give up a king's ransom for him, or letting Foles walk elsewhere for free and hope the injury-prone Wentz can get over the confidence issues he'll forever endure trying to live up to the titles Foles brought to the franchise.

If not Foles, then I'll be begrudgingly rooting for Brees to get a second title despite hating New Orleans as a team. If any one guy deserves another ring, it's Drew Brees. I think he's severely underrated in terms of his status among the all-time legends, and another title should help put him in his rightful place in the discussion, which IMO is at least top-10 GOAT.

Cliffs:

- Who are you rooting for in the playoffs besides your own team? Discuss why.

- Go Nick Foles!!!!!!!!

Would it not be quite the story if Foles brings another title to Philly? Shit, what a QB dilemma at that point haha

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t there already a QB dilemma? I mean if Foles wins the SB ... I don’t see the dilemma.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it not be quite the story if Foles brings another title to Philly? Shit, what a QB dilemma at that point haha

I know there's little to no loyalty in pro sports, but the Eagles would deserve to end up as bottom feeders for the next couple decades and having Wentz fail hard if they somehow won another title under Foles (with him performing at least decently, let alone as well as he did in the 2017 playoffs) and didn't show some gratitude by making him their guy with a nice contract. We'd be looking at a team that was as cursed as other franchises like the Vikings in terms of Superbowl success that just had two consecutive titles delivered by a guy they ran out of town years ago who was formerly "their future", giving him the shaft again for a guy in Wentz who is without a doubt going to experience some serious struggles living in the shadow of Foles.

It'd be different if Foles were like 36 or something and nearing the end of his career, but he's still pretty young with a good number of years left in the tank of his prime. If they did that to Foles after a second title run under him and he actually played well (which he'll have to for them to make that type of run again this year), I'd honestly hope for them to become the Cleveland Browns of the next 20-30 years. On a side note, if we're being completely honest here - in the event that they did somehow pull it off with Foles again, Wentz would be better off going to a different team to establish himself with a fresh start instead of forever trying to capture a title in Philly to live up to good ol' Nick.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we're on the subject of Nick Foles, I'd just like to point out how pissed off I am that my Vikings decided to pay a king's ransom to Cousins after the failed Bradford experiment when they could have picked up the title prodigy Foles off the streets for pennies on the dollar a couple years ago when Philly nabbed him back up. If Nick was able to bring a title to Philly, then he could have done it with that 2017 Vikes team too, dammit! Hell, I'd also have been fine with the Vikes coughing up the 1st rounder Philly was demanding for Nick in a trade in the 2018 off-season, but nooooooooo, they decided to give Kirk "Scared of His Own Shadow" Cousins his bank-busting deal instead! Just another of countless incidences over the years causing me to become more bitter and jaded as a fan of Minnesota sports teams though, I suppose hahaha.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2 best buddies are a Chiefs fan and a Bears fan so I guess those 2 but really as long as it's anyone but the Saints I don't care

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there's little to no loyalty in pro sports, but the Eagles would deserve to end up as bottom feeders for the next couple decades and having Wentz fail hard if they somehow won another title under Foles (with him performing at least decently, let alone as well as he did in the 2017 playoffs) and didn't show some gratitude by making him their guy with a nice contract. We'd be looking at a team that was as cursed as other franchises like the Vikings in terms of Superbowl success that just had two consecutive titles delivered by a guy they ran out of town years ago who was formerly "their future", giving him the shaft again for a guy in Wentz who is without a doubt going to experience some serious struggles living in the shadow of Foles.

It'd be different if Foles were like 36 or something and nearing the end of his career, but he's still pretty young with a good number of years left in the tank of his prime. If they did that to Foles after a second title run under him and he actually played well (which he'll have to for them to make that type of run again this year), I'd honestly hope for them to become the Cleveland Browns of the next 20-30 years. On a side note, if we're being completely honest here - in the event that they did somehow pull it off with Foles again, Wentz would be better off going to a different team to establish himself with a fresh start instead of forever trying to capture a title in Philly to live up to good ol' Nick.

Eagles sell their future for Carson Wentz, while having a decent backup in place just in case Wentz gets hurt or doesn't pay off. Wentz pays off, gets hurt and Foles brings them their first Super Bowl in franchise history and they bench him as soon as Wentz is healthy. In my opinion, they rushed Wentz to the field early because Foles didn't look good against ATL. Wentz goes down AGAIN, almost injury prone at this point, and, for arguments sake, Foles wins ANOTHER super bowl...I make Nick Foles the fucking starting QB of the team. This team plays SO much different with Foles as the starter. IDK exactly what it is, but you can just see the team playing better.

If the Eagles choose Carson Wentz over Nick Foles if Foles brings Philly another title, that would render me speechless and that's REALLY hard to do lol.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we're on the subject of Nick Foles, I'd just like to point out how pissed off I am that my Vikings decided to pay a king's ransom to Cousins after the failed Bradford experiment when they could have picked up the title prodigy Foles off the streets for pennies on the dollar a couple years ago when Philly nabbed him back up. If Nick was able to bring a title to Philly, then he could have done it with that 2017 Vikes team too, dammit! Hell, I'd also have been fine with the Vikes coughing up the 1st rounder Philly was demanding for Nick in a trade in the 2018 off-season, but nooooooooo, they decided to give Kirk "Scared of His Own Shadow" Cousins his bank-busting deal instead! Just another of countless incidences over the years causing me to become more bitter and jaded as a fan of Minnesota sports teams though, I suppose hahaha.

I feel really bad for your Vikings. I still don't get why they paid him that much given his career W-L and playoff success (or lack thereof).

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles sell their future for Carson Wentz, while having a decent backup in place just in case Wentz gets hurt or doesn't pay off. Wentz pays off, gets hurt and Foles brings them their first Super Bowl in franchise history and they bench him as soon as Wentz is healthy. In my opinion, they rushed Wentz to the field early because Foles didn't look good against ATL. Wentz goes down AGAIN, almost injury prone at this point, and, for arguments sake, Foles wins ANOTHER super bowl...I make Nick Foles the fucking starting QB of the team. This team plays SO much different with Foles as the starter. IDK exactly what it is, but you can just see the team playing better.

If the Eagles choose Carson Wentz over Nick Foles if Foles brings Philly another title, that would render me speechless and that's REALLY hard to do lol.

It's because Nick Foles is the Lord and Savior, Superbowl Prodigy of the Philadelphia Eagles. Nick didn't choose for it to be that way specifically, fate chose HIM. The football gods are doing everything possible to convince the Eagles to right their wrong of having gotten rid of Foles the first time several years ago, yet they and their fans STILL want to deny their destiny that is Nicholas Foles. The fools!

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel really bad for your Vikings. I still don't get why they paid him that much given his career W-L and playoff success (or lack thereof).

Maybe the Vikes could convince Brad Childress to leave that job he landed as head coach of that new Alliance of American Football league team and come back as our Offensive Coordinator to coach up my man Kirk Cousins. After all, Chilly has a storied history as a QB guru, just ask him - that's why they brought him in as the HC back in 2006, and we ended up with the legends of Tarvaris Jackson and Joe Webb under his leadership to show for it.

Chilly for Vikings OC 2019!!!!

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2 best buddies are a Chiefs fan and a Bears fan so I guess those 2 but really as long as it's anyone but the Saints I don't care

I'm pretty sure the only people who hate the Saints as a team more than I do are fans of other NFC South teams like yourself. But I don't blame you one bit after enduring 13 long years of Drew Brees having his way with your teams aside from a few of those years.

aubie2006

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only team I'm rooting against is the Ravens and honestly I don't know why. Guess I was hoping the Steelers would make the playoff.

I'll say the Rams because it seems like of all the playoff teams, save the Eagles, the fewest people are liking them to win it all.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure the only people who hate the Saints as a team more than I do are fans of other NFC South teams like yourself. But I don't blame you one bit after enduring 13 long years of Drew Brees having his way with your teams aside from a few of those years.
I actually love Brees. It's just Saints fans who are the worst lol. Atlanta has fared pretty well vs Brees ( at least compared to Carolina or TB ). Tough to hate such a good dude

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only team I'm rooting against is the Ravens and honestly I don't know why. Guess I was hoping the Steelers would make the playoff.

I'll say the Rams because it seems like of all the playoff teams, save the Eagles, the fewest people are liking them to win it all.

I'll be rooting against the Ravens winning another Superbowl for as long as Reverend Ray Lewis has a job as an NFL commentator to deliver an inane sermon about it.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I actually love Brees. It's just Saints fans who are the worst lol. Atlanta has fared pretty well vs Brees ( at least compared to Carolina or TB ). Tough to hate such a good dude

Cried like a bitch & accused the NFL of collusion when he was negotiating his contract (ended up getting 23 million a year, which was at or near the top of the NFL at the time). I can see why you like him.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cried like a bitch & accused the NFL of collusion when he was negotiating his contract (ended up getting 23 million a year, which was at or near the top of the NFL at the time). I can see why you like him.
Don't know anything about that . He's done a ton of good for NO and Purdue. Donated time and money to lots of great causes .

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Texans don't make it, and as long as they have the secondary they have, I can't see them getting past the Luck Colts, I too am on the Foles bandwagon simply for the entertainment value of watching a particular Eagles fan pull his hair out in a panic-stricken state over the Foles-Wentz drama that would surely arise.