• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Called it: Jason Smith edition

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leshoure playing running back but actually not running or taking snaps adds years to his career. I thought running backs lifespan was based on taking hits, if thats the case Leshoure should be playing well into his 40s, It's hard to take hit when your on the bench or IR.

:laugh3:
For as clever as you like to think you are the numbers don't back up that sorry-ass attempt at a rebuttal.
LeShoure was on the IR in his first year and then started 14 games last year (his 2nd season), accumulating 249 touches.

Obviously his touches and starts both go way down with the addition of Bush, which adds to his career. But your original prediction is still quite weak.

I predict that Denard Robinson will rush for more TDs this year than David Akers will.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I checked Denard was a Back up QB and a RB for Jacksonville.....So Yes I would say it was a pretty fearless prediction.

Last I checked he was an "offensive weapon", not a back-up QB.

And comparing him to two 3rd stringers is hardly a ringing endorsement...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Robinson will do well in the NFL as a bit player- some rushing, receiving, KR and PR- but I don't see him playing QB in the NFL.

I've got another Robinson prediction: I predict he throws less career TDs than Dan Orlovsky.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For as clever as you like to think you are the numbers don't back up that sorry-ass attempt at a rebuttal.
LeShoure was on the IR in his first year and then started 14 games last year (his 2nd season), accumulating 249 touches.

Obviously his touches and starts both go way down with the addition of Bush, which adds to his career. But your original prediction is still quite weak.

I predict that Denard Robinson will rush for more TDs this year than David Akers will.

He will probably kick more FGs too, don't sell him short.:laugh3:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta tell you though- from my perspective the way you've adopted this :laugh3: as your signature at the end off all your post, coupled by your dramatic increase in shit-stirring (apparently you take the emotocon in your actual signature at the bottom a bit too seriously) over the last year or so makes it seem like Iffster rubbed off on you a fair bit.

It seems like every day you're displaying more and more of the traits that people can't/couldn't stand about him. You sure seem to put a lot of effort into asserting yourself as the board's designated dissenter...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I checked he was an "offensive weapon", not a back-up QB.

And comparing him to two 3rd stringers is hardly a ringing endorsement...

I never compared him to two 3rd stringers, I compared him to a 1st and 2 round pick......You don't read too well.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Robinson will do well in the NFL as a bit player- some rushing, receiving, KR and PR- but I don't see him playing QB in the NFL.

I've got another Robinson prediction: I predict he throws less career TDs than Dan Orlovsky.

I predict he won't run out of the endzone while playing QB.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta tell you though- from my perspective the way you've adopted this :laugh3: as your signature at the end off all your post, coupled by your dramatic increase in shit-stirring (apparently you take the emotocon in your actual signature at the bottom a bit too seriously) over the last year or so makes it seem like Iffster rubbed off on you a fair bit.

It seems like every day you're displaying more and more of the traits that people can't/couldn't stand about him. You sure seem to put a lot of effort into asserting yourself as the board's designated dissenter...

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm not the one with "Board President" under his name. If anyone is assertive it would be you sir.:laugh3:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never compared him to two 3rd stringers, I compared him to a 1st and 2 round pick......You don't read too well.

Who both happen to be 3rd stringers...

I read just fine. Perhaps you don't think too well?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm not the one with "Board President" under his name. If anyone is assertive it would be you sir.:laugh3:

Clearly the "Board President" thing is a joke. For about two months it read "Bored President" for what it's worth, but you've got your panties in a bunch so I doubt you much care.

I figured you wouldn't like being called out, but since you're so found of gracing us with your opinion all the time I figured you might benefit from hearing one besides your own for a change. Also, we're not idiots, so please don't try to act surprised or innocent when your constant pot-stirring finally drums up some conflict. From what I've observed over the last few years is that you thrive on drama more than a 15 year old girl...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You started this on page 3 responding to something I said to Cleaves....Cleaves and I get along just fine and you thought it would be advantageous to stir the pot.

Don't play the victim card, you could have just walked away from my post to Cleaves but you couldn't. You have to always be a smart ass and say something.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly the "Board President" thing is a joke. For about two months it read "Bored President" for what it's worth, but you've got your panties in a bunch so I doubt you much care.

I figured you wouldn't like being called out, but since you're so found of gracing us with your opinion all the time I figured you might benefit from hearing one besides your own for a change. Also, we're not idiots, so please don't try to act surprised or innocent when your constant pot-stirring finally drums up some conflict. From what I've observed over the last few years is that you thrive on drama more than a 15 year old girl...

Wow. I'm sorry man, but....

images

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you start gvsu.......He's god's gift to Ann Arbor. He will be fine in Jacksonville.:yahoo:

He was gods gift to e lansing too.....didnt have to worry about a UM QB throwing all over us in the 4th qtr to come back and win....he did beat us ONCE.....lead his team to a whopping 4 FG's. :laugh3:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was gods gift to e lansing too.....didnt have to worry about a UM QB throwing all over us in the 4th qtr to come back and win....he did beat us ONCE.....lead his team to a whopping 4 FG's. :laugh3:

In all fairness, you guys did have a good Defense those years. Denard will be fine down in Jacksonville, the coach is using him correctly and he will be a nice addition to that team.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I'm sorry man, but....

images
You gotta be kidding me, right?

You stir the pot as much as anyone, it's just that most of us have learned to ignore your little attempts at starting shit. You'll go days without posting only to pop in a toss out a disparaging comment about one of our guys. You've got no room at all to talk...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You started this on page 3 responding to something I said to Cleaves....Cleaves and I get along just fine and you thought it would be advantageous to stir the pot.

Don't play the victim card, you could have just walked away from my post to Cleaves but you couldn't. You have to always be a smart ass and say something.

Lol, I love how I say not to play innocent, and low and behold that's exactly what you're trying to do.

Stir shit up and run and hide, that's your m.o.

For the record, this is a public site. I responded to you taking yet another opportunity to take a cheap shot at one of our players, because that's just the kind of dude you are. It is completely irrelevant who you were posting it in response to. If you don't want what you have to say to be criticized, then don't post. However, if you're going to post, and if you're going to act like an ass about it, then don't expect to be treated all that nicely...

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to always be a smart ass and say something.
Lol, guess I missed that part. That's just rich... the irony there is almost too much... this is actually the right spot to use your little :laugh3: face guy, because it's comical.

You calling anyone else a smart ass is like jayfan's who pot, kettle thing... so ironic it's priceless!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see him getting snaps ahead of Bell at this point. Bell has proven to be more effective so far this offseason.

I suppose, though, that I can buy into the theory that there really isn't a depth chart at RB. Bush will get the most snaps because he's the most talented, but beyond that RBs are becoming pretty interchangeable by package. Few teams have a true #1 back anymore.

We just played New England and they're a prime example of how we're likely to use our backs. They have Ridley as their lead back, and then 3 other talented RBs that fill different roles. We've got lots of options behind Bush that have speed, power, or a blend of both.

Long story short is that if most of us had to rank our RBs Leshoure would be #3 behind Bush and Bell...