• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Call your shot. Burrow or Herbert next 5 years.

Burrow or Hebert

• Burrow

• Herbert

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,868.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won’t know the true answer till there done playing and we can look back at there careers am I right?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having said that and can't believe I'm about to say this but kudos to Mike Brown for sticking with Zac Taylor through some very lean times and for the Bengals F.O. for bringing in the right mix of guys to make the team more complete.

More FO should give their coach several seasons, especially if they draft a #1 overall QB early on. Let the staff grow with that QB. Drafting his teammate Chase was definitely a cheat code, lol.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was certainly wrong about Burrow. Kid has a lot more moxie than I realized.
i am worried that moxie and early success could lead to over confidence and a big let down. his teammates keep him in check, he will be fine

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am worried that moxie and early success could lead to over confidence and a big let down. his teammates keep him in check, he will be fine

Yes. And he needs an o-line. He won’t be long for the NFL if his team stays near the top in sacks allowed every year. He’s got the chops, Bengals just need to do all they can to keep him upright.

elguapo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. And he needs an o-line. He won’t be long for the NFL if his team stays near the top in sacks allowed every year. He’s got the chops, Bengals just need to do all they can to keep him upright.
i would draft the and/or trade for o-line almost solely this offseason. There will be a ton of good FA o-line and they need to spend. He has 3 great weapons to throw and 2 very good rbs. Defense is pretty solid as well. protect him and you will always have a shot to go all the way

elguapo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so conflicted on this SB. I am a Detroit fan for life, so I wanna see Stafford get one. I also have some strange desire to see Cincy get one and I really like Burrow.

I still think back to when cincy was running away with AFC when pittsburgh does pittsburgh things and took Carson's knee out in like the 2nd play of that playoff game.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF had an interesting discussion on these two about a month back. Their head analytics guy liked Burrow a hair more because he'd been successful at the college and NFL level while Herbert had dysfunction at the college level and his rookie year. The other analytics guy liked Herbert more because he had better traits.

Its an interesting discussion at this point but Burrow is certainly winning.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sticking with my Burrow vote...

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would draft the and/or trade for o-line almost solely this offseason. There will be a ton of good FA o-line and they need to spend. He has 3 great weapons to throw and 2 very good rbs. Defense is pretty solid as well. protect him and you will always have a shot to go all the way
The Bengals are not good at drafting offensive lineman. I hope they use all the CAP for that and draft some D-Lineman and Corners.

But disclaimer - If for some ungodly reason Jameson Williams falls to the Bengals in the 1st, they gotta take him. No questions asked.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals are not good at drafting offensive lineman. I hope they use all the CAP for that and draft some D-Lineman and Corners.

But disclaimer - If for some ungodly reason Jameson Williams falls to the Bengals in the 1st, they gotta take him. No questions asked.
Ummm..no. I don't care if he is the next Jerry Rice. We took t he luxury pick on Chase last year, now we have to protect Burrow and we don't run a ton of 4 WR sets, and with Boyd being the oldest WR, he is the most likely out. With Boyd's contract, production and leadership he is not going anywhere. Absolutely no way we do anything other than OL, with a chance at CB if we spent money in FA on two good players to help us out. TE is a possibility. But once again, only if we got TWO good offensive lineman in FA. I am seeing more a FA - Right Tackle and a drafted C in the first round is what I am expecting. Still expecting them to work with their young guys to find a RG that can play from the guys they have drafted the previous two years.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm..no. I don't care if he is the next Jerry Rice. We took t he luxury pick on Chase last year, now we have to protect Burrow and we don't run a ton of 4 WR sets, and with Boyd being the oldest WR, he is the most likely out. With Boyd's contract, production and leadership he is not going anywhere. Absolutely no way we do anything other than OL, with a chance at CB if we spent money in FA on two good players to help us out. TE is a possibility. But once again, only if we got TWO good offensive lineman in FA. I am seeing more a FA - Right Tackle and a drafted C in the first round is what I am expecting. Still expecting them to work with their young guys to find a RG that can play from the guys they have drafted the previous two years.

I actually like the TE situation. I hope Thad gets some reps next season.

I get what you're saying, I know the O-line is an issue, but the track record of early round big men has not been good recently for the Bengals. Jameson is a top 5 pick being slide because of injury. Its no way he's falling that far anyways. But if the situation comes up....

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry @CrashDavisSports , but after the Fischers and Price's and that bum from Texas A&M, I'm somewhat over it. Bengals have money now.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, no, Burrow's defense played better tho.
apparently unlike you...I remain unsure about the future. As of today, I'd say Borrow doesn't look like he's behind. We are talking about kid drafted 2 years ago by a team with the worst record in football