• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Call your shot. Burrow or Herbert next 5 years.

Burrow or Hebert

• Burrow

• Herbert

Results are only viewable after voting.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry @CrashDavisSports , but after the Fischers and Price's and that bum from Texas A&M, I'm somewhat over it. Bengals have money now.
Oh I get you about making bad picks. But we also had Andrew Whitworth, Levi Jones, Zeitler, Steinbach, etc. We have draft some good players, and I actually like Jonah Williams. To me he is the only one on the line worth keeping around, with the exception of Spain when he is playing well. We need to keep trying. 2 FA's and a top draft pick. That is where we need to go. If we can get the Center from Iowa, Linderbaum, I for sure take him. If he is gone, depending on the talent of offensive lineman versus CB's at this point in the draft, you have to weigh those options. But you don't want to depend on him falling, which is why you need two offensive lineman in FA to assure you have moved in the right direction with the oline prior to the draft. Just in case.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm..no. I don't care if he is the next Jerry Rice. We took t he luxury pick on Chase last year, now we have to protect Burrow and we don't run a ton of 4 WR sets, and with Boyd being the oldest WR, he is the most likely out. With Boyd's contract, production and leadership he is not going anywhere. Absolutely no way we do anything other than OL, with a chance at CB if we spent money in FA on two good players to help us out. TE is a possibility. But once again, only if we got TWO good offensive lineman in FA. I am seeing more a FA - Right Tackle and a drafted C in the first round is what I am expecting. Still expecting them to work with their young guys to find a RG that can play from the guys they have drafted the previous two years.
Is it a luxury? Without chase, you arent in the superbowl, period. Looks like it was the correct pick, and one that looks generational(albeit way too early).

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a luxury? Without chase, you arent in the superbowl, period. Looks like it was the correct pick, and one that looks generational(albeit way too early).
Burrow is not going to get younger, but I can see him getting even better if he has time to find an open WR, especially since he is the #1 graded QB when under pressure. Keep the sacks to less than 25 a year and half those because Burrow is taking too long to make a decision because he is trying to make a big play happen and waiting for it to open up.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call Chase a luxury so much as him giving the Bengals an identity. Penei Sewell is someone who could be a cornerstone on a team for over a decade so passing on him is tough but Chase had the best college film of any WR I've ever seen. My rough comp was Michael Irvin. The only real knock on Chase is the idea that the NFL might start calling offensive pass interference at some point. But until then he is the right pick.

Teams don't need a top offensive line unless they're built like the Niners or Titans. They just need one that isnt embarrassing. They do need a top receiving threat.

The Bengals oline right now is basically their one weakness and its definitely holding them back. Its not what the Chiefs had in the Super Bowl last year, though. They were literally rolling with 5 backups into the big game. Bengals probably have...2 spots...to upgrade? Average playoff team is probably 1 spot to upgrade Im guessing so they aren't terribly behind the curve. They've fix it in the offseason almost certainly.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call Chase a luxury so much as him giving the Bengals an identity. Penei Sewell is someone who could be a cornerstone on a team for over a decade so passing on him is tough but Chase had the best college film of any WR I've ever seen. My rough comp was Michael Irvin. The only real knock on Chase is the idea that the NFL might start calling offensive pass interference at some point. But until then he is the right pick.

Teams don't need a top offensive line unless they're built like the Niners or Titans. They just need one that isnt embarrassing. They do need a top receiving threat.

The Bengals oline right now is basically their one weakness and its definitely holding them back. Its not what the Chiefs had in the Super Bowl last year, though. They were literally rolling with 5 backups into the big game. Bengals probably have...2 spots...to upgrade? Average playoff team is probably 1 spot to upgrade Im guessing so they aren't terribly behind the curve. They've fix it in the offseason almost certainly.
I agree on all points. I was actually saying he was not, a luxury, as crash suggested

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow is not going to get younger, but I can see him getting even better if he has time to find an open WR, especially since he is the #1 graded QB when under pressure. Keep the sacks to less than 25 a year and half those because Burrow is taking too long to make a decision because he is trying to make a big play happen and waiting for it to open up.
Again i dont disagree. But chases inpact has been just huge. A stud wr can also play for literally 6-7-8-9-10 years at a high level. Especialy now with some Of the changes to the game. I think it really comes down to, do you make the superbowl with sewell? Address it in the off season.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on all points. I was actually saying he was not, a luxury, as crash suggested
Oh, I know. I think we're all in agreement here its just that its interesting if you follow the draft that the idea that a WR is more valuable than a high upside OT prospect. It definitely makes you rethink the NFL a bit as a fan as if things are indeed becoming a bit more like Madden

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again i dont disagree. But chases inpact has been just huge. A stud wr can also play for literally 6-7-8-9-10 years at a high level. Especialy now with some Of the changes to the game. I think it really comes down to, do you make the superbowl with sewell? Address it in the off season.
I know what you are saying. I think taking Ja'Marr Chase is the reason we are in the Superbowl. Between Burrow and Higgins the year before, Chase and McPherson this year, these are the players that got us to this game. All basically offense. I consider McPherson offense because of how special he is. When anything inside 60 is a no brainer for your kicker, he is an offensive weapon. Granted, weather conditions dictate that comfortable distance.

Chase was a massive reason why we are where we are. I honestly think we finish last in our division if we don't draft Chase. Instead we won it, and we are in the Superbowl.

With that said, we have 4 WR's that are outstanding (one of which has been hurt all year): Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Tate. Adding another #1 WR just pushes one of these guys off the roster and while Williams would be an upgrade over probably Boyd (not even 100% sure on that as Boyd had ZERO dropped passes this year, and him and Burrow ranked as the #1 duo in QBR on passes between 10-19 yards). Tate would be the only expected upgrade over, but when you look at Auden Tate, the crazy acrobatic catches his makes, his size at 6'5" and his sticky hands...you are looking at a monster WR who already doesn't get to see the field hardly (most of that this year because of injury).

There is no room for a #1 WR even if he drops to #31-#32, because he is at this point truly a luxury not a player that would make a roster impact like protection for Burrow would, or running room for Mixon. We took the shiny sports car last year, this year we go get the bulldozer to begin building the mote around the castle.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently unlike you...I remain unsure about the future. As of today, I'd say Borrow doesn't look like he's behind. We are talking about kid drafted 2 years ago by a team with the worst record in football

They were 6-10 the year previous, so it was a quick crater and conveniently timed to get a top QB prospect like Burrow. He's great, but he's not quite to Josh Allen's level yet. They'll always be different players, given Allen's size, ability to absorb hits, and running game, so it's not a direct comparison.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were 6-10 the year previous, so it was a quick crater and conveniently timed to get a top QB prospect like Burrow. He's great, but he's not quite to Josh Allen's level yet. They'll always be different players, given Allen's size, ability to absorb hits, and running game, so it's not a direct comparison.

LOL...Burrow improved greatly from your first post on such comparison.

many times, the difference between the very best the game has to offer comes down to playoff success for this position more than any other position with regards to team sports.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll always be different players, given Allen's size, ability to absorb hits, and running game, so it's not a direct comparison.
when you're right you're right
BTW...different players, different comparisons could be said about any two QB's from any era.