• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

C Coleman or 2017 1st?

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not debating, but curious as to your reasoning as to why they're in very good situations. What I see is Doctson currently buried behind DJAX and Garcon, with Cousins..whose been good in spurts before, but hasn't maintained it. And Treadwell with Diggs and Bridgewater..who really hasn't shown much at all, and will live and die on the running game

Well if you doubt Bridgewater that's another issue. But the Vikes like him and I thought he started to develop and this will be a big year for him. I love Diggs, I wanted the Rams to draft him, I watched him in college, I couldn't understand why the injury sent him so late in the draft. But Treadwell will be the number one on that team and Diggs will the other side guy. And AP helps Treadwell, as teams will need to stack the box. Treadwell was the top WR in the draft imo (and many others). While I don't expect him to be Cooper or Odell in his rookie season I think he would've been a legitimate WR in those two draft classes as well.

Cousins has proven to be able to play well enough (I don't think he's gonna be a great QB in the league but at least they have some stability). The division is filled with weak defenses and improving offenses. The Skins won the division, and yes DJax is still there and a very good player, but he is losing a step and missed a lot of time for injury. I believe Doctson will become the main guy at some point and that him and DJax will cause match up issues. I've never been to high on Garcon, he's just another solid guy in my book. He's aging a little bit and while I think he'll still be involved in the offense I don't think he'll be taking reps away from their first round pick. Both Garcon and DJax will offer Doctson some great insight. They want to win playoff games and they know a talented player can help.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your missing the overall point. .their gamble has a higher payoff, both are manes, both positions may end up being busts but even if both hit. .the RB's will be more valuable

I agree RBs are more valuable, but it depends on how much you believe in the guy. I rather the guy that I think will pay off in points.

I invested in Buck Allen and Karlos Williams last year and got them in later rounds and they paid off. I understand you gotta take some chances, but is #2 overall the place to do that??? If I was more confident in the number 2 RB, I'd take him second.

I guess it's kinda like when the Rams reached for Robinson "because LTs are hard to fine." Well it was an awful pick and the guy still isn't even an average LT a few years out. I would've rather them drafted Watkins or Mack (who were the other players being considered) as they seemed more a sure hit than Robinson imo

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you grabbed Freeman, Johnson, and DWILL off waivers last year. ..I'm sorry but I've gotta question the mental faculties if the rest of your league. Other people's leagues don't work like that, those funds aren't out there.

Rawls I can see., the rest were drafted in 90% of competitive leagues

As I said it wasn't dynasty. Those players were very understandably not owned.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's why I said it all comes down to preference.
There will never be "the right way" to draft, let alone draft for fantasy, especially when considering dynasty.

some people will always prefer to nab RBs then fill in WRs, some will prefer the opposite.
I personally just feel like outside WRs take a year or two to really get the speed of the game, complex route trees, and blocking assignments all down. Rookie year they are thinking too much on the field, since everything is so new/different than college.

As a fellow Rams fan, we know all to well the growing pains of WRs, and the mystery of why some perform so well at the pro level, and others fall off.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk I'm not sure I buy that rbs are more valuable but as you said to each his own.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's why I said it all comes down to preference.
There will never be "the right way" to draft, let alone draft for fantasy, especially when considering dynasty.

some people will always prefer to nab RBs then fill in WRs, some will prefer the opposite.
I personally just feel like outside WRs take a year or two to really get the speed of the game, complex route trees, and blocking assignments all down. Rookie year they are thinking too much on the field, since everything is so new/different than college.

As a fellow Rams fan, we know all to well the growing pains of WRs, and the mystery of why some perform so well at the pro level, and others fall off.

Yeah, we also pick awful prospects though haha

I agree about the development of the outside guy, I got Parker at the top of the second round last year and he came on strong late in the season. I hope we can become one of those guys for me (which I think he can). RBs are deff more scarce but I gotta believe in them to take them regardless of position.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said it wasn't dynasty. Those players were very understandably not owned.
Outside of an 8 team league I'm in where Rawls and David Johnson weren't drafted, all but Rawls were drafted in every league I was in.

Freeman middle rounds, DWILL late, usually by the L.Bell owner but everyone knew he was missing the first few games and that DWILL would be the guy. and not many had faith that Ellington and CJ0K would hold off Johnson..they had no business being on waivers

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you doubt Bridgewater that's another issue. But the Vikes like him and I thought he started to develop and this will be a big year for him. I love Diggs, I wanted the Rams to draft him, I watched him in college, I couldn't understand why the injury sent him so late in the draft. But Treadwell will be the number one on that team and Diggs will the other side guy. And AP helps Treadwell, as teams will need to stack the box. Treadwell was the top WR in the draft imo (and many others). While I don't expect him to be Cooper or Odell in his rookie season I think he would've been a legitimate WR in those two draft classes as well.

Cousins has proven to be able to play well enough (I don't think he's gonna be a great QB in the league but at least they have some stability). The division is filled with weak defenses and improving offenses. The Skins won the division, and yes DJax is still there and a very good player, but he is losing a step and missed a lot of time for injury. I believe Doctson will become the main guy at some point and that him and DJax will cause match up issues. I've never been to high on Garcon, he's just another solid guy in my book. He's aging a little bit and while I think he'll still be involved in the offense I don't think he'll be taking reps away from their first round pick. Both Garcon and DJax will offer Doctson some great insight. They want to win playoff games and they know a talented player can help.
Fair enough all around.

I'd just add, add my final point on the subject.
I also have held that same belief that Peterson's presence would help the receivers. But it never really has. Didn't really help Jennings, Wallace, Moss, Harvin, or any of the other no names they've had in the past decade. They've had the same success, or more, on other teams without a future HOF RB.

Usually it does help, but for whatever reason that's never materialized in Minnesota

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of an 8 team league I'm in where Rawls and David Johnson weren't drafted, all but Rawls were drafted in every league I was in.

Freeman middle rounds, DWILL late, usually by the L.Bell owner but everyone knew he was missing the first few games and that DWILL would be the guy. and not many had faith that Ellington and CJ0K would hold off Johnson..they had no business being on waivers

Freeman was drafted and dropped (before he blew up obviously). Dwill was also drafted and either dropped when bell came back (a little stupid but not horrific) or traded to me I can't remember either way he was cheap. Dion lewis was picked up right before week 1 by me. And johnson was a 3rd string RB barely getting touches for most of the year. He was pretty much a waste of a roster spot in our league up until CJ2k got hurt. It might not have been ridiculous to own any of them but it certainly wasn't ridiculous to not. It was a fairly pricey and quite active league.

Although now that I think about it does it really matter whether they were on waivers or not? In one of my other leagues freeman was traded for Matt jones. These guys could be had cheap regardless of whether they were owned or not and it didn't take serious draft capital to get any of them.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Johnson was drafted in my league and dropped. Rawls was not. And it was a 12 team league. I got both on waivers

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson was drafted in my league and dropped. Rawls was not. And it was a 12 team league. I got both on waivers
That I can buy
Freeman was drafted and dropped (before he blew up obviously). Dwill was also drafted and either dropped when bell came back (a little stupid but not horrific) or traded to me I can't remember either way he was cheap. Dion lewis was picked up right before week 1 by me. And johnson was a 3rd string RB barely getting touches for most of the year. He was pretty much a waste of a roster spot in our league up until CJ2k got hurt. It might not have been ridiculous to own any of them but it certainly wasn't ridiculous to not. It was a fairly pricey and quite active league.

Although now that I think about it does it really matter whether they were on waivers or not? In one of my other leagues freeman was traded for Matt jones. These guys could be had cheap regardless of whether they were owned or not and it didn't take serious draft capital to get any of them.
That makes much more sense than they were just sitting around. While dropping those guys was a mistake, any number of reasons could justify it, most notably needing an active body to replace an injury and not being able to afford the depth if they weren't "starting" at the time. Hope they really needed it bad

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That I can buy

That makes much more sense than they were just sitting around. While dropping those guys was a mistake, any number of reasons could justify it, most notably needing an active body to replace an injury and not being able to afford the depth if they weren't "starting" at the time. Hope they really needed it bad
Yeah, we keep small benches, so tough choices r made