• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

C Coleman or 2017 1st?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the rookie drafts I have seen are a combination of the big 3 WR's Treadwell, Doctson and Coleman. With a odd draft with Henry or Dixon jumping into the top 4 picks. I tried moving up into the 1.05 and 1.06 picks but neither owner answered my trade offers before picking. Hate when that happens. So I got stuck at 1.07 as Henry went 1.06. So I went back and forth on Dixon and Shepard and decided to go Shepard.
Our MBBRL dynasty rookie draft from a couple weeks ago/last week
Round 1
1) Barilko's Oilers- Ezekiel Elliott, drop none
2) Milk's Flying Grayson- Derrick Henry (Drop none)
3) Steelerspride- Jordan Howard, drop none
4) Cru Jones- Laquan Treadwell, drop none
5) Fuzzy Power- Kenneth Dixon, drop none
6) Smitty's Snakes-Kenyan Drake, Drop:Calvin Johnson
7) That's What Cheesehead-Devontae Booker, drop none
8) Smitty's Snakes-Sterling Shepard, Drop: Shoelace
9) Fuzzy Power-Paxton Lynch, drop none
10) Mickey's Pirates-Josh Doctson, drop the Salsa King
11) Ram Tough- CJ Prosise, drop none
12) That's What Cheesehead- Michael Thomas, drop none
13) The Ralph- Paul Perkins, drop da Bears DST
14) Treff's Fudpuckers-Corey Coleman, drop Kendall Gaskins

Was the tiniest bit surprised Micro took Tradwell at 4..thought he'd make it another 4-6 picks. .but only OBX seemed disappointed he was gone, and even he stated he was hoping he'd make it the second round (lol).

But as for the WR's in this class, it's very much a personal flavor thing. None seem destined for greatness, so you take your best guesses with the handful that appear to have a shot.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you end up moving into next year's draft? I think it'd be a good move, esp with the guy who has the 2nd overall pick this year.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you end up moving into next year's draft? I think it'd be a good move, esp with the guy who has the 2nd overall pick this year.

Thought I had the deal done. But he backed out when he started looking at the RB's next year as he waited for my offer.

Treff that is a really crazy draft. A ton of reaches on RB talent. But it seems like RB is valued a lot more on this board than the majority. I would never touch Howard, Drake, Booker or Perkins in the 1st.

This is ours so far. Much more in line with the dynasty rankings across the net. Most of the drafts posted lately I have seen Shepard slotting in at 1.05. Kind of feel like I should have gone need at 1.04 with Henry now that I missed out on him.

Elliott
Treadwell
Doctson
Coleman - me
Thomas
Henry
Shepard - me

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why Fuller seems to be dropping in a lot of rookie drafts.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why Fuller seems to be dropping in a lot of rookie drafts.
Drafted to the Texans. ..many probably still think--texans? Run the ball, and the occasional pass, always to Hopkins.

Others who aren't glued to that history, still don't have any faith in Osweiler, some think Hopkins will simply hog too many targets to make another WR worth it, some may see Braxton Miller is a better bet. .plenty of question marks given his situation. I like him though, and had Coleman not been there, I'd have snatched him up. Would easily draft him before Treadwell

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen some question his hands. A couple times that I have seen him in the 1st round guys have been pretty harsh.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Coleman and Treadwell do it before taking them, so that means I won't have them on my teams this year.

Never like taking outside rookie WRs.
remember when Perriman/Agholor were the popular "sleeper" picks last year?
Those dudes still sleeping?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Coleman and Treadwell do it before taking them, so that means I won't have them on my teams this year.

Never like taking outside rookie WRs.
remember when Perriman/Agholor were the popular "sleeper" picks last year?
Those dudes still sleeping?
I got sunk by Agholor..but at least Perriman had a season long injury to blame. And it wasn't so much Agholor, as it was Chip Kelly's offense and what Maclin/Mathews did the year before that got me sucked in

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our MBBRL dynasty rookie draft from a couple weeks ago/last week
Round 1
1) Barilko's Oilers- Ezekiel Elliott, drop none
2) Milk's Flying Grayson- Derrick Henry (Drop none)
3) Steelerspride- Jordan Howard, drop none
4) Cru Jones- Laquan Treadwell, drop none
5) Fuzzy Power- Kenneth Dixon, drop none
6) Smitty's Snakes-Kenyan Drake, Drop:Calvin Johnson
7) That's What Cheesehead-Devontae Booker, drop none
8) Smitty's Snakes-Sterling Shepard, Drop: Shoelace
9) Fuzzy Power-Paxton Lynch, drop none
10) Mickey's Pirates-Josh Doctson, drop the Salsa King
11) Ram Tough- CJ Prosise, drop none
12) That's What Cheesehead- Michael Thomas, drop none
13) The Ralph- Paul Perkins, drop da Bears DST
14) Treff's Fudpuckers-Corey Coleman, drop Kendall Gaskins

Was the tiniest bit surprised Micro took Tradwell at 4..thought he'd make it another 4-6 picks. .but only OBX seemed disappointed he was gone, and even he stated he was hoping he'd make it the second round (lol).

But as for the WR's in this class, it's very much a personal flavor thing. None seem destined for greatness, so you take your best guesses with the handful that appear to have a shot.

I'm surprised by this. The only rb I'd take over the top handful of recievers is Zeke.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised by this. The only rb I'd take over the top handful of recievers is Zeke.

Well its a supply and demand thing. You said it yourself..a handful of receivers. they're all about the same, and there's 50 or more just like em already in the league..there's only about 15-20 start worthy RB's in the league, so when one comes up that has a legit shot and at real workload..whether it looks like he's going to be a star or not, (Derrick Henry) he's automatically worth more than those 50 guys, simply because of position scarcity. Not because he'll score more points, or anything like that..just that getting a RB who is a safe bet for 15 or more touches these days is fantasy gold..you have to start somebody in those 2 RB spots after all.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but what about the fact that those WRs who are "more plentiful" are projected to be much better players than those who play a position "of scarcity."

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its a supply and demand thing. You said it yourself..a handful of receivers. they're all about the same, and there's 50 or more just like em already in the league..there's only about 15-20 start worthy RB's in the league, so when one comes up that has a legit shot and at real workload..whether it looks like he's going to be a star or not, (Derrick Henry) he's automatically worth more than those 50 guys, simply because of position scarcity. Not because he'll score more points, or anything like that..just that getting a RB who is a safe bet for 15 or more touches these days is fantasy gold..you have to start somebody in those 2 RB spots after all.

I just think the odds of those wrs being good is wayyy higher than for those rbs. And the unlikelihood of a RB getting carries just makes them even less likely to be good fantasy players.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but what about the fact that those WRs who are "more plentiful" are projected to be much better players than those who play a position "of scarcity."
That fact is if little consequence. You miss the RB, chances are there isn't another one coming the next round. You miss the WR, there's another just like him the next round..with obvious exceptions of the elite guys. I mean think about it. .you miss out on Julian Edelman, or Golden Tate, or Jeremy Maclin or any other name of about 10 guys in that level, for your WR2 your not too upset, because you know there will be another handful of them available for your next pick. But when you miss out on that RB, and then have to make do with a committee member or whatever as your RB2. .your a little worried about it, right?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think the odds of those wrs being good is wayyy higher than for those rbs. And the unlikelihood of a RB getting carries just makes them even less likely to be good fantasy players.
Somewhat true. .but I'm not talking about the guys who are unlikely to get carries, I'm talking about the ones who are likely to. The fact that there are less and less RB's who can be depended on to get carries, makes the few who are safe bets for touches, far more valuable

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat true. .but I'm not talking about the guys who are unlikely to get carries, I'm talking about the ones who are likely to. The fact that there are less and less RB's who can be depended on to get carries, makes the few who are safe bets for touches, far more valuable

But Zeke might literally be the only starter at rb in this draft.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Zeke might literally be the only starter at rb in this draft.
Might. .possibly, maybe.

But, looking around at where some of them went, who they've got as competition, the injury history of some of those guys. ..to a lot of us, that might..is worth more than "just another receiver"..the wire is full of "just another receivers"

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry will likely be a starter at some point, Murray is frail, and didn't exactly at the world in fire since leaving BigD

Booker could easily take CJ Anderson's job. .Christ Hillman did it twice

Jordan Howard could at least force a time share with Langford

Prosise might have to fill in for Rawls if that ankle isn't up to par

And on and on. You know at least one of those things will happen, and the chances of hiring that one are, for guys like us, a better risk/reward gamble than another typical non elite WR.

This would be a different conversation entirely if a few of these wide outs were considered future studs, but none of them really are

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might. .possibly, maybe.

But, looking around at where some of them went, who they've got as competition, the injury history of some of those guys. ..to a lot of us, that might..is worth more than "just another receiver"..the wire is full of "just another receivers"

True. But I think it's a little unfair to say well maybe these rbs are good maybe they aren't but these wrs will only be just another wr. I think the odds of coleman Treadwell or Doctson being a stud are higher than those of the rbs having multi year careers as solid starters.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But I think it's a little unfair to say well maybe these rbs are good maybe they aren't but these wrs will only be just another wr. I think the odds of coleman Treadwell or Doctson being a stud are higher than those of the rbs having multi year careers as solid starters.

Yes, but you most likely already have some pretty good WRs, right? You can only start so many. So the question is, how are you set at RB? If fine then by all means draft the WR.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry will likely be a starter at some point, Murray is frail, and didn't exactly at the world in fire since leaving BigD

Booker could easily take CJ Anderson's job. .Christ Hillman did it twice

Jordan Howard could at least force a time share with Langford

Prosise might have to fill in for Rawls if that ankle isn't up to par

And on and on. You know at least one of those things will happen, and the chances of hiring that one are, for guys like us, a better risk/reward gamble than another typical non elite WR.

This would be a different conversation entirely if a few of these wide outs were considered future studs, but none of them really are

But they don't just have to get those carries. They have to keep them year after year and be good with them. Doesn't seem very likely to me.