• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

C Coleman or 2017 1st?

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a dynasty league though you should have bodies. Even if you need a RB more than a WR if all the RBs besides Zeke are a crapshoot than what's the difference between them?

If you think you are more likely to get a break out player you take that guy! It's all assets. Even if you don't need a WR, if he becomes the player you think you can trade him for someone proven

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but you most likely already have some pretty good WRs, right? You can only start so many. So the question is, how are you set at RB? If fine then by all means draft the WR.

But besides Zeke they're flex at best this year so the position isn't as important. If they become a proven player and you're overstocked you can find a trading partner. That's what these leagues are based on.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but you most likely already have some pretty good WRs, right? You can only start so many. So the question is, how are you set at RB? If fine then by all means draft the WR.

Unless I was really loaded at wr I don't think I'd take the RBs

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But besides Zeke they're flex at best this year so the position isn't as important. If they become a proven player and you're overstocked you can find a trading partner. That's what these leagues are based on.

Guess actual depends on the league. Leagues in this forum you can trade a WR, but if your looking for a RB in return, expect to have to over pay.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I was really loaded at wr I don't think I'd take the RBs

In my league I have the second pick (although I'm trying to trade back) through a trade from last season. I have Hopkins, A Robinson, and Nelson. And I'm if I stay at two I'm going to take a WR. (2RB, 2WR, 2Flex ppr)

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess actual depends on the league. Leagues in this forum you can trade a WR, but if your looking for a RB in return, expect to have to over pay.

Yeah I think RBs are currently overpriced in most league. But that doesn't mean a backup RB is worth more than a starting WR, esp in a PPR league (which I feel like most are these days)

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my league I have the second pick (although I'm trying to trade back) through a trade from last season. I have Hopkins, A Robinson, and Nelson. And I'm if I stay at two I'm going to take a WR. (2RB, 2WR, 2Flex ppr)

Yea I would take a WR there too.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to each their own I guess. But it's proven time and time and time again, each and every year, it's easier to find WR's that'll get you points week to week, than it is to find RB's...simple economics 101...supply and demand..RB's are more valuable. We can spin it anyway we like, it's a very simple truth in the fantasy world

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to each their own I guess. But it's proven time and time and time again, each and every year, it's easier to find WR's that'll get you points week to week, than it is to find RB's...simple economics 101...supply and demand..RB's are more valuable. We can spin it anyway we like, it's a very simple truth in the fantasy world

I'm not sure about that. I'd rather build around WRs than RBs. Rbs are far more unpredictable and often pop up at random from the strangest places then fade off into obscurity. Last year alone (granted not a dynasty league but I don't think it matters much) I grabbed dion lewis, devonta freeman, thomas rawls, David johnson, and deangelo Williams off of waivers. And there were other rbs who came from nowhere.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is calling Henry a bust. If he last to my pick at 7 Ill consider getting him. I have DeMarco Murry but lots of negative reports about Henry coming out

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about that. I'd rather build around WRs than RBs. Rbs are far more unpredictable and often pop up at random from the strangest places then fade off into obscurity. Last year alone (granted not a dynasty league but I don't think it matters much) I grabbed dion lewis, devonta freeman, thomas rawls, David johnson, and deangelo Williams off of waivers. And there were other rbs who came from nowhere.
yes but theres 1-2 ofthose, and 123102 serviceable wr, the drop off from top rb to rb 10-12 is HUGE. the drop off at wr is not nearly as big........its a cluster of wr's.........id be going RB allllllll day...heck i did, i drafted howard at 3, and it landed me a decent return

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and im not saying, im just saying

i would never use a #2 pick on a guy drafted by the browns. with no qb, and who showed up to camp out of shape

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you grabbed Freeman, Johnson, and DWILL off waivers last year. ..I'm sorry but I've gotta question the mental faculties if the rest of your league. Other people's leagues don't work like that, those funds aren't out there.

Rawls I can see., the rest were drafted in 90% of competitive leagues

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RBs vs WRs......
when it comes to rookies, give me the RBs.
when it comes to proven players, more of a toss up, depending on your preference.

said it before and I'll say it again, I wouldn't want Treadwell or Coleman until I see them play against NFL secondaries. but again, just preference.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and im not saying, im just saying

i would never use a #2 pick on a guy drafted by the browns. with no qb, and who showed up to camp out of shape

lol I agree. But Treadwell and Doctson (depending on preferences) fell into very good situations

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yes but theres 1-2 ofthose, and 123102 serviceable wr, the drop off from top rb to rb 10-12 is HUGE. the drop off at wr is not nearly as big........its a cluster of wr's.........id be going RB allllllll day...heck i did, i drafted howard at 3, and it landed me a decent return

But if the second rookie RB isn't going to be on of those guys but the WR has the potential to be a top 15 WR, I'll take the top 15 WR over the RBBC backup. Now that's not always the case. Last year the first round was mostly RBs (at least the first half). But this year is deeper in WR. I also have 2 1st round picks and can get a guy like Perkins in round 2 (I may even get the 2nd RB at 7)

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RBs vs WRs......
when it comes to rookies, give me the RBs.
when it comes to proven players, more of a toss up, depending on your preference.

said it before and I'll say it again, I wouldn't want Treadwell or Coleman until I see them play against NFL secondaries. but again, just preference.

But you'd want Henry or Booker? You've never seen them play either. Booker is coming off injury and Henry seems to be struggling with footwork

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I agree. But Treadwell and Doctson (depending on preferences) fell into very good situations
Not debating, but curious as to your reasoning as to why they're in very good situations. What I see is Doctson currently buried behind DJAX and Garcon, with Cousins..whose been good in spurts before, but hasn't maintained it. And Treadwell with Diggs and Bridgewater..who really hasn't shown much at all, and will live and die on the running game

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you'd want Henry or Booker? You've never seen them play either. Booker is coming off injury and Henry seems to be struggling with footwork
Your missing the overall point. .their gamble has a higher payoff, both are manes, both positions may end up being busts but even if both hit. .the RB's will be more valuable

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your missing the overall point. .their gamble has a higher payoff, both are manes, both positions may end up being busts but even if both hit. .the RB's will be more valuable
This:agree: