• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

C-19 Vaccinations

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please.

NFL players dont live in a vacuum. They’re not solitary beasts who come into contact with nobody.
That percentage bullshit argument is exactly that - bullshit.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please.

NFL players dont live in a vacuum. They’re not solitary beasts who come into contact with nobody.
That percentage bullshit argument is exactly that - bullshit.

Nobody claimed they lived in a vacuum. My claim is that COVID has shown to have zero percent chance of long-term harm to NFL players, let alone death.

That is why they may be hesitant. Your argument is they should get vaccinated because they can give it to somebody else. I understand that…I just have issues with it. I don’t think people that have a statistical chance of zero for harm should be forced to take the vaccine. It also is not the responsibility of the NFL to coerce their players into taking the vaccine. Those who are at risk should get vaccinated if they choose to. It reduces the chances they will get COVID and reduces the severity of symptoms if they do.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nfl players comenin contact with many other people (media, trainers, chefs, etc) who may or may not be immunocompromised, and who have many different living situations.

Vaccinated people can spread covid, I believe. Dont quote me though, because I dont know that to be absolutely true. I thought I read that somewhere.

cole Beasley doesnt have to take the vaccine, but like every other business, Buffalo or any NFL team doesnt have to employ him either.
Where is the NFLPA in all of this?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is the NFLPA in all of this?

According to Cole Beasley, they were all aboard with the rules pertaining to players.

I am not sure if these new rules regarding forfeiture would even fall under the CBA at all because it doesn’t actually involve the players. This is more of a rules committee decision I would think. The only argument I can see from the player‘s perspective is it could affect revenue and future cap space. While minimal in cap dollars, a single game forfeiture would affect revenue.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remember last off season when posters on this board were in a panic about whether the season was going to be played . i said we would have to have something go terribly wrong before that would happen . nothing did go terribly wrong . we played the full season

if the NFL is truly worried about "safety " then keep the protocols in place that you had last season when it comes to players . then you dont have the feeling of coercion

if i am an NFL player and i am required to get the vaccine and i get a bad side affect i would simply sue the NFL . and make no mistake they are requiring it for anyone who can read between lines .

now my company i work for will play the same shit and i will have to take the vaccine and if anything goes wrong they will be in court

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is required to get it. They have a choice. RR said they have a choice in Washington.

You would have to have close to half a team held out to cause them not to play. If a couple of the right players get quarantined it might cost you a game based on talent on the field. Hell, Denver played a game last year with no real QBs.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is required to get it. They have a choice. RR said they have a choice in Washington.

You would have to have close to half a team held out to cause them not to play. If a couple of the right players get quarantined it might cost you a game based on talent on the field. Hell, Denver played a game last year with no real QBs.
Yeah but this is where the coercion comes in and makes it not a choice . Look at the above comments on games money and health are automatically thrusted on the non vaccinated player with nothing directed at the vaccinated one

the vaccinated player could have gotten the infection and gave it to others
to me it’s a false choice

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but this is where the coercion comes in and makes it not a choice . Look at the above comments on games money and health are automatically thrusted on the non vaccinated player with nothing directed at the vaccinated one

the vaccinated player could have gotten the infection and gave it to others
to me it’s a false choice

Yeah…and equality and non-discrimination.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

here is the full quote

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad wont sue his company if he has to take a shot and then gets sick, and neither will any NFL player either.

For starters, skinsdad cant prove that he was cooerced into taking a shot, and neither can an NFL player.Skinsdad has a choice, and so do NFL players.

Skinsdad and NFL players cant have it both ways: do only what you want to do and also work under somebody else’s rules.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad wont sue his company if he has to take a shot and then gets sick, and neither will any NFL player either.

For starters, skinsdad cant prove that he was cooerced into taking a shot, and neither can an NFL player.Skinsdad has a choice, and so do NFL players.

Skinsdad and NFL players cant have it both ways: do only what you want to do and also work under somebody else’s rules.
but i can sue and the evidence for such is there in writing

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A public health report out of England shows that 63% of people who died of the “Delta Variant,” within 28 days of testing positive between February & June, were at least partially vaccinated

I think they ought to go back to last years protocol