• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Byron Scott Fired

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers had a team option on Scott for this year and have decided not to bring Scott back. I had my doubts about Scott's ability to survive this year when I watched James Worthy and Miller questioning Scott's decisions after each game. Good luck to Scott and now it's time to move on

Lakers' Scott out after worst season, sources say

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, they waited until Things was gone to fire him?

:scratch:

Maybe Luke is their target.

I think that was over-due - there were to many people questioning his rotations and player decisions during the regular season. Granted that he was set up to lose, but He just seemed lost and I don't think he really handled Russell very well. I kind of agree with Stephen A Smith though who set Scott is the fall guy for their failure

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that was over-due - there were to many people questioning his rotations and player decisions during the regular season. Granted that he was set up to lose, but He just seemed lost and I don't think he really handled Russell very well. I kind of agree with Stephen A Smith though who set Scott is the fall guy for their failure

Yeah, you can't make wine out of sewer water.

I would imagine they already have someone in mind.

Would you be opposed to Blatt?

It's just a shame Thibs is off the market because he made it known that he was interested.

I think the Lakers job is the only one that could tempt Luke into leaving the Warriors.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, they waited until Things was gone to fire him?

:scratch:

Maybe Luke is their target.

Well they already got mini-Draymond and mini-Curry, might as well get mini-Kerr too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's just a shame Thibs is off the market because he made it known that he was interested.

I think the Lakers job is the only one that could tempt Luke into leaving the Warriors.

I wouldn't mind Blatt at all

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thibs WANTED the job- and his time on team USA would have made him an AMAZING asset as a recruiter- but the Lakers ownership was never going to turn their franchise over totally to a coach like Thibs got in Minnesota.

Whether you think that is a good idea or a bad idea i guess is up to you. Scott has let the game pass him by in my opinion. Its what i saw in Cleveland and nothing in LA seemed to offer otherwise.

if the Lakers hire Blatt- and for the THIRD TIME in like the last handful of years hire a recently fired Cleveland coach--- (Brown, Scott)- it would be very very strange....though--- i think Blatt would be the best hire out of those 3- esp. for a young team. Dont hire Blatt if u want to win right away though. He needs another year or two.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Lakers hire Blatt- and for the THIRD TIME in like the last handful of years hire a recently fired Cleveland coach--- (Brown, Scott)- it would be very very strange....though--- i think Blatt would be the best hire out of those 3- esp. for a young team. Dont hire Blatt if u want to win right away though. He needs another year or two.

Yeah, that would be weird. I'm really hoping the Lakers get Luke. The rumor is that he's interested and that the Lakers are going to target him.

If the Lakers ended up with Blatt, it wouldn't break my heart. I thought the Cavs had the right idea in bringing him in and letting him learn and grow with the young guys they had. Then Lebron had to go and screw things up for him by coming back.

I think a Luke Walton coached team would be attractive to FA's. He's a young coach who has been an assistant for the team that currently is playing the style that everyone wants to play and did a great job when Kerr was out.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ pretending like Luke Walton is the answer to the Lakers' problems. :L

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byron Scott was never given a fair chance. He inherited a team with a massive Kobe contract with no room to grow. Kobe was old and couldn't play half the season. Farewell tour was a joke. Now they get another Top 3 pick and Kobe is gone, things are looking up, Scott has a chance to prove himself, and that's it? Mitch Kupchak should be out too as the Lakers totally reorganize. They are a laughing stock with their 38-126 record over the last two seasons.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thibs WANTED the job- and his time on team USA would have made him an AMAZING asset as a recruiter- but the Lakers ownership was never going to turn their franchise over totally to a coach like Thibs got in Minnesota.

Whether you think that is a good idea or a bad idea i guess is up to you. Scott has let the game pass him by in my opinion. Its what i saw in Cleveland and nothing in LA seemed to offer otherwise.

I was kinda under the impression that Minny was looking for a guy to wear both hats, not that Thibs was insistent on running the front office.

But, you are correct. He would never have that kinda power with the Lakers.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Laker fans. Way to start the off-season on a high note.

Byron pretty much sealed his fate when he said Clarkson wouldn't get playing time next year unless he improved his defense. LOL.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it was only a matter of time. I thought they'd hold on to him until they got some kind of unofficial, back channel signal from Luke however

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NO IT'S NOT!!!

:hug:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ pretending like Luke Walton is the answer to the Lakers' problems. :L

Im with you on this. Im not on the Luke bandwagon. He isn't proven enough for me. Taking over a championship team, who have the all time wins, for half a season is not enough for me.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't pick Derek Fisher, I love the guy but c'mon.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

with ya there. didn't want Thibs anyways and from what I hear he wanted too much power/control...

and after seeing what LeClown did with Blatt not too keen on him either. if he's that easy to push around we can't use him out here imo...