• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bulletin Board

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a chance to buy two tickets to the Chiefs @ Jags in September. Section 204 Row T. $464.

I would really like some opinions. I have to buy them today.
The Jags stadium is a shit show, its a horrible stadium and you will bake like a potato. So the real question is this. Should I purchase a ticket to a shitty stadium bake in the sun while supporting a team which is not my favorite, or watch the same game from the comfort of my air-conditioned home, where parking is free and the snacks are pre purchased, with the ability to pause the game for piss breaks?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watch the same game from the comfort of my air-conditioned home, where parking is free and the snacks are pre purchased, with the ability to pause the game for piss breaks?
I think the $464 would be better spent on a new small frig for my office or set aside to gamble in Reno in October.

I appreciate the warning and advice.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the $464 would be better spent on a new small frig for my office or set aside to gamble in Reno in October.

On a side note, the Jags should be a team to watch this year. But the AFC is loaded so winning the AFCS it well within reach after that, they are done IMO

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh I don't know seems loaded firearms isn't all that passive
But they weren't brandished, flaunted, or worse, fired. They were just in a bag and that's the context I see as passive.
Good point. It's difficult to understand what the NFL will determine as 'passive'.

Deshaun Watson and his 20 charges of abuse by "massage" therapists?

Lamar Hunt's Hotel Hooker?

I think this article might have some bearing on how serious the handgun problem is. I think Traveler's culture button might have a lot to do with how the league will handle anything.

DW is accused of abuse, which is active. Lamar was in a hotel room (seems pretty active) and not just accompanied by a pro.

I'm presenting opinion for discussion and nothing else.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spend the money on what pleases you the most, or save it which to some is very pleasing.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they weren't brandished, flaunted, or worse, fired. They were just in a bag and that's the context I see as passive.

DW is accused of abuse, which is active. Lamar was in a hotel room (seems pretty active) and not just accompanied by a pro.

I'm presenting opinion for discussion and nothing else.
If you got to your local sandwich shop and place an order to go, is the sandwich placed in a bag?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a chance to buy two tickets to the Chiefs @ Jags in September. Section 204 Row T. $464.

I would really like some opinions. I have to buy them today.
It's a game.
I have been to a lot of Panthhers games with no Patriots - always fun.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not following.
The weapons were placed in a bag, the sandwiches are placed in a bag. You purchased the sandwich with the intent to consume it, while it may be in the bag you have very clear and unincumbered access to the meal when ready to consume it. Had his bag not been properly checked he too would have had clear and unincumbered access to the weapons. One does not carry a loaded weapon unless he / she is ready to use it should the need arise. How does the fact they were in a bag make it any less significant

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weapons were placed in a bag, the sandwiches are placed in a bag. You purchased the sandwich with the intent to consume it, while it may be in the bag you have very clear and unincumbered access to the meal when ready to consume it. Had his bag not been properly checked he too would have had clear and unincumbered access to the weapons.
His position is he didn't realize they were in the bag. The fact he was checking it adds credibility.

One does not carry a loaded weapon unless he / she is ready to use it should the need arise
If the weapons are checked he/she can't use the gun should the need arise.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weapons were placed in a bag, the sandwiches are placed in a bag. You purchased the sandwich with the intent to consume it, while it may be in the bag you have very clear and unincumbered access to the meal when ready to consume it. Had his bag not been properly checked he too would have had clear and unincumbered access to the weapons. One does not carry a loaded weapon unless he / she is ready to use it should the need arise. How does the fact they were in a bag make it any less significant
If you are talking to a cop and tell him you have a gun in your bag, he is going to look at it very differently than if you have your gun drawn and pointed at him!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His position is he didn't realize they were in the bag. The fact he was checking it adds credibility.

If the weapons are checked he/she can't use the gun should the need arise.
Cmon man really? And Griner didn't know she packed weed too correct? The obvious lie in defense of your actions are "I didn't know" Ignorance is no excuse

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are talking to a cop and tell him you have a gun in your bag, he is going to look at it very differently than if you have your gun drawn and pointed at him!
True but he did not tell TSA he had the gun. " Hey Mr. TSA Man I have loaded weapons here."

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon man really? And Griner didn't know she packed weed too correct? The obvious lie in defense of your actions are "I didn't know" Ignorance is no excuse
I didn't initially get the context of your argument. Now I do, you're the judge.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't initially get the context of your argument. Now I do, you're the judge.
And what role do you think you have been playing?

The man carried loaded weapons into an airport and tried to board the plane! Nothing the see here folks?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what role do you think you have been playing?

The man carried loaded weapons into an airport and tried to board the plane! Nothing the see here folks?
How many people do the same thing each year? Do you know? I don't.

What charges are brought and how are these cases usually settled? Do you know? I don't.

Does past history matter? I'd bet past history of violence would matter a lot, but how about a perfect history, or history of being a knucklehead? I don't know, do you?

I doubt it's only about the action the way it was for Griner carrying a doobie. But I don't "know".

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many people do the same thing each year? Do you know? I don't.

What charges are brought and how are these cases usually settled? Do you know? I don't.

Does past history matter? I'd bet past history of violence would matter a lot, but how about a perfect history, or history of being a knucklehead? I don't know, do you?

I doubt it's only about the action the way it was for Griner carrying a doobie. But I don't "know".
It doesn't matter how many people do it a year or how people get caught, it has no bearing. He did it, we are talking about him and his situation. The judge may buy into the whole "I didn't know they were in the bag", and it may work in his defense. He may also say, "As a responsible gun owner you should have known, you should have been aware of your surroundings". "Not knowing is inexcusable!" What we know is, he did attempt to carry loaded weapons onto a flight, is this beyond contestation? He may get a slap on the wrist but it still took place. And how you can pick up a bag with two loaded weapons in it and not know is beyond me, because a responsible gun owner would not allow that to happen.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter how many people do it a year or how people get caught, it has no bearing. He did it, we are talking about him and his situation. The judge may buy into the whole "I didn't know they were in the bag", and it may work in his defense. He may also say, "As a responsible gun owner you should have known, you should have been aware of your surroundings". "Not knowing is inexcusable!" What we know is, he did attempt to carry loaded weapons onto a flight, is this beyond contestation? He may get a slap on the wrist but it still took place. And how you can pick up a bag with two loaded weapons in it and not know is beyond me, because a responsible gun owner would not allow that to happen.
You value your own opinion too much. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way indicating your opinion doesn't matter or isn't as good as any (and often I see it better than most). But with legal process those numbers absolutely matter. The guy on the bench isn't a king or an executioner, he's a judge. And with that he/she needs to justify a decision and that justification is highly dependent on precedents. How can you bring loaded weapons to an airport without knowing? Well if 5,000 other people did the previous year that act seems a bit more plausible. Then there's punishments... I'll stop there.... read the article shared by @Southieinnc .

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You value your own opinion too much. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way indicating your opinion doesn't matter or isn't as good as any (and often I see it better than most). But with legal process those numbers absolutely matter. The guy on the bench isn't a king or an executioner, he's a judge. And with that he/she needs to justify a decision and that justification is highly dependent on precedents. How can you bring loaded weapons to an airport without knowing? Well if 5,000 other people did the previous year that act seems a bit more plausible. Then there's punishments... I'll stop there.... read the article shared by @Southieinnc .
Okay so we know facts are facts correct? We do know he attempted to bring loaded guns onto a plane. I assume you can accept at least that much? We know that is against the law! I assume you can accept that. We know about precedent, and I suspect the amount of people that actually attempt this is very low. Those who carry loaded weapons onto planes know the procedure, which is why we don't hear much about this.

As to your bullshit response about my valuing my opinion. I presented facts, facts you seem to want to dismiss. I am not the problem here.