• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bulletin Board

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of us know if Jones knew or didn't know. If he did know, all he had to do was place them in a box unloaded and empty the magazines and declare them at the TSA. If didn't know, then whoever packed his bag wanted to screw him and was successful.

If he figured he could get them by the x-ray machine, then he's dumber than a box of rocks. Most people who've been caught are doing their packing at the last minute and just say, "Shit. I forgot about these dandies." They shove them into the bottom of their carry-on. If they check the bag, it's never a problem because they're not going into the baggage hold and dig them out.

Either way, Jones got caught. Couple of questions I have. Why the hell weren't they registered? Are they illegal and something he bought off the street? Does he carry when he goes out?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of us know if Jones knew or didn't know. If he did know, all he had to do was place them in a box unloaded and empty the magazines and declare them at the TSA. If didn't know, then whoever packed his bag wanted to screw him and was successful.

If he figured he could get them by the x-ray machine, then he's dumber than a box of rocks. Most people who've been caught are doing their packing at the last minute and just say, "Shit. I forgot about these dandies." They shove them into the bottom of their carry-on. If they check the bag, it's never a problem because they're not going into the baggage hold and dig them out.

Either way, Jones got caught. Couple of questions I have. Why the hell weren't they registered? Are they illegal and something he bought off the street? Does he carry when he goes out?
Mehh at this point I am done with it. I simply can't understand how he would not know. How can one be so nonchalant? They fact they were not registered makes me further believe he just didn't care. More than likely they will find a way to save his career b/c he plays for the Pats

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so we know facts are facts correct? We do know he attempted to bring loaded guns onto a plane. I assume you can accept at least that much? We know that is against the law! I assume you can accept that. We know about precedent, and I suspect the amount of people that actually attempt this is very low. Those who carry loaded weapons onto planes know the procedure, which is why we don't hear much about this.

As to your bullshit response about my valuing my opinion. I presented facts, facts you seem to want to dismiss. I am not the problem here.
You are presenting facts but you are presenting facts out of context and deciding their merit, which is opinion. Add to it that you are continuing this discussion but not embracing what's presented. You "suspect" the number is low, but the number has been given as 6800+ for the previous year with a source and most of those loaded.

My response about your opinions is not bullshit.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody packs anyone's bag for a trip.

Anyone who packs a bag for a trip knows full well you could barley fit 1 extra sock in the bag its so packed. There is no way you won't realize you have a firearm in there.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just from my own combat experience I know what Colt 1910 .45 Cal weighs when empty and with 9 in the clip and one in the chamber. I also wore a combat belt with ten 9 shot magazines. I also know how much heavier my duffle bag was when I flew home with that same .45 and 250 round. I didn't get arrested or anything, the military customs said I couldn't take it home. They told me to give them the ticket if I came back and they'd happily return it to me. And the ammo.

Airlines don't tell anyone but if your bag weighs more than 45 pounds, there's an 80% chance they take you to the room and make you dump it out.
Better not have any body lotion in bottles over 4 oz.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PlayerPosStatusDate
Christian WilkinsDTQuestionable (Contract Dispute)8/17
Braxton BerriosWRQuestionable (Head)8/17
Cam SmithCBQuestionable (Shoulder)8/17
Jeff Wilson Jr.RBQuestionable (Undisclosed)8/17
Liam EichenbergOLQuestionable (Undisclosed)8/17
Trill WilliamsCBQuestionable (Knee - ACL)8/17
Brandon JonesSQuestionable (Knee - ACL)8/17
Nik NeedhamCBPup-p (Achilles)8/17
Braylon SandersWRQuestionable (Lower Body)8/17
Tanner ConnerTEPup-p (Undisclosed)8/17
Robbie ChosenWROut (Back)1/6
33394.png

Jaylen Waddle
WRQuestionable (Shoulder)1/6
29239.png

Jalen Ramsey
CBOut (NIR-Rest)1/6
26698.png

Terron Armstead
TDoubtful (Toe/Pec)1/6

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the past three years the Patriots have started the season 2-5, 1-3, 1-3.

What are the chances that they start better than 0-4?

Eagles, Dolphins, @Jets, @Cowboys followed by the Saints, @Raiders.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can hope

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a very real possibility.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL cutdown day 2023: These released players could fit Patriots roster originally appeared on NBC Sports Boston

It's cutdown day across the NFL as teams have to trim their rosters to 53 players by Tuesday's 4 p.m. ET deadline.

Like every year, there will be quality players who, for whatever reason, get released. Teams have to make a lot of tough decisions on this day.

Many of the players released Tuesday will eventually find new homes as teams continue to adjust their 53-man roster and add guys to their practice squad.

Here's a list of players recently released by other teams who might be a fit for the New England Patriots. We will add players to this article as they get released. For a quarterback list, click here.

Albert Okwuegbunam, TE​

Okwuegbunam was cut by the Broncos on Tuesday. The Broncos had a ton of depth at tight end with Adam Trautman, Greg Dulcich and Chris Manhertz also on their roster.

Okwuegbunam is listed at 6-foot-5 and 260 pounds, and he also ran a 4.49 40-yard dash at the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine. He has tallied 54 receptions for 546 yards and four touchdowns in 26 career games over three seasons.

His athleticism, physical blocking and decent pass-catching ability make him an intriguing fit for the Patriots if they look for a third tight end behind Hunter Henry and Mike Gesicki.

Eric Tomlinson, TE​

The Texans released Tomlinson on Tuesday. He's a player the Patriots should be familiar with after he spent time in New England in 2019. Tomlinson played in 17 games for the Broncos last season and tallied nine receptions 79 yards and two touchdowns. He's more of a blocking tight end at 6-foot-4 and 265 pounds.

David Quessenberry, OT​

Quessenberry was released by the Buffalo Bills on Tuesday. He was a swing tackle for Buffalo last season and played 16 games, including three starts. He started all 17 games for the Tennessee Titans in 2021, mostly at right tackle. Quessenberry has 51 career games played (26 starts) in five seasons.

Alan Ali, OL​

Ali was released by the Minnesota Vikings on Tuesday and is a candidate to join their practice squad if he clears waivers. The undrafted rookie played all five offensive line positions during his collegiate career at TCU and was the starting center in all 15 games last season as the Horned Frogs advanced all the way to the national championship game against Georgia. He's listed at 6-foot-4 and 300 pounds.

Ali's versatility would make him a nice fit for any team. He's probably better suited as an interior offensive lineman, but he has experience at both tackle spots, too.

Tyre Phillips, OT​

The New York Giants released Phillips on Tuesday, which was a little surprising. He was a third-round pick of the Baltimore Ravens in 2020 and played two seasons for the AFC North franchise before joining the Giants for the 2022 campaign. He played in 12 games for the Giants and started five of them. He has 18 starts in 34 career games. Phillips has great size at 6-foot-5 and 350 pounds. He has primarily played right guard and right tackle in his NFL career.

And if the Patriots want to surprise defenses at the goal line, Phillips could maybe serve as a fullback based on the clip below. But in all seriousness, Phillips is worth taking a chance on.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is reallity setting in?
Yahoo has been showing the Jets on top of the AFCE standings all off-season.
Meaningless? Yes but they are now showing them in last place.
Are they afraid of jinxing the team?

229 W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Np Place to Put This:::::::
C’ mon man. That is hating what we have. Did not read after Brady reference in first sentence. Boring narrative of how shitty the team is right now? Booh! Before Halloween …

BTW, fuck Brady he is long gone

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3