• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bulletin Board

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we don't know what offers were or were not made. Also I don't really remember Bill being all that active this time of year. FA offseason yes, Draft yes, in season I don't remember him being super active.
Boston media agrees with you and doesn't think much of anything will be done other than Uche will be gone by 4:05 PM. A bunch of NFC teams are after him. Otherwise something very small might be done between 3-4 PM

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 Bama starters. Hurts with Brown( Bill whiffed on him) and Smith. Tua with Hill and Waddle and Mac with ???? The only guy who did separation. Jacoby Meyers left and JuJu was brought in. BB who has no clue about offense, wanted to let Brady and Gronk leave ( 3 SB's later), how has Jimmy G faired?. Keep drinking the Belichick kool-aid.
Wanted to let Brady go...That's why he gave him a 2 year $70 mil contract...Yup, because he wanted him gone.

Excited Oh Yeah GIF

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston media agrees with you and doesn't think much of anything will be done other than Uche will be gone by 4:05 PM. A bunch of NFC teams are after him. Otherwise something very small might be done between 3-4 PM
What at best for Uche a 4th or 5th? I can't see BB letting his starting QB go. If he could have gotten a 3rd for Zappe or Grier I would have been okay with that. Then just bring Cunnigham up

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Young to the 49ers from the Commanders for a 3rd.

Montez Sweat from the Commanders to Chicago for a 2nd

Might be a game against the Commanders Sunday. They're dealing away their defense. Then again, the Patriots don't have an offense.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like things will be the same over the next two minutes.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Mike Giardi the Patriots were very close to moving Josh Uche to the Jaguars. The Jags were not willing to give up more than a 5th round pick and Bill refused to give him away that cheap. Will he try to resign him for what he might think he's worth.

Giardi says that teams also called about Dugger and Owenu and Bill wouldn't even talk with them because they offered 6th round picks.

The question then has to be asked. Are you going balls to the wall to re-sign these guys? If not, why not get something for them and then try to re-sign them after they become free agents?? Reasonable question. Not going to get an answer.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Mike Giardi the Patriots were very close to moving Josh Uche to the Jaguars. The Jags were not willing to give up more than a 5th round pick and Bill refused to give him away that cheap. Will he try to resign him for what he might think he's worth.

Giardi says that teams also called about Dugger and Owenu and Bill wouldn't even talk with them because they offered 6th round picks.

The question then has to be asked. Are you going balls to the wall to re-sign these guys? If not, why not get something for them and then try to re-sign them after they become free agents?? Reasonable question. Not going to get an answer.
When has a player ever been traded then gone directly back to the trading team? Not just the Pats, any team.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we don't know what offers were or were not made. Also I don't really remember Bill being all that active this time of year. FA offseason yes, Draft yes, in season I don't remember him being super active.
I remember a couple doghouse trades like sending Jaime Collins to Cleveland.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6th round is an insult. Keep them for the year and see what happens

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
try to re-sign them or get a low ball pick for them and then re-sign them?

Because they go to the new team for that low ball pick and the new team says yeah, Bill called us asking is we would give a 6th. WE would like to sign you long term because WE appreciate you, unlike Bill.
Then you burned yourself.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders fired head coach Josh McDaniels.
It only took 25 games for Raiders owner Mark Davis to decide another ride on the coaching carousel would be more fun than watching McDaniels coach another game for the Silver and Black. McDaniels’ time with the team ended overnight, as Davis dismissed the Belichick disciple hours after the trade deadline and a day after an embarrassing 26-14 loss to the Lions. A loss to the Bears and rookie UDFA Tyson Bagent in Week 7 probably didn’t help his case, either. There’s also that whole “only coach to lose to Jeff Saturday” thing. A 6-11 season in his first year with the team led to Derek Carr being the scapegoat at the end of the season, with Jimmy Garoppolo — another Patriots connection, being tabbed as the man to lead the Raiders to the promised land. That’s gone about as well as expected. Through eight games, the Raiders are 31st in yards per game and 30th in points per game, with Garoppolo throwing for 1205-7-9. The defense isn’t much better, ranking 22nd in points allowed while getting thrashed on the ground to the tune of 140.6 yards per game. McDaniels was eight games into the second year of a six-year contract, and is still owed what’s left on that deal. In addition to McDaniels, the Raiders also fired GM Dave Ziegler, who joined the team in January 2022. Linebackers coach Antonio Pierce has been promoted to interim head coach and will get his first test in Week 9 against the Giants.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders fired head coach Josh McDaniels.
It only took 25 games for Raiders owner Mark Davis to decide another ride on the coaching carousel would be more fun than watching McDaniels coach another game for the Silver and Black. McDaniels’ time with the team ended overnight, as Davis dismissed the Belichick disciple hours after the trade deadline and a day after an embarrassing 26-14 loss to the Lions. A loss to the Bears and rookie UDFA Tyson Bagent in Week 7 probably didn’t help his case, either. There’s also that whole “only coach to lose to Jeff Saturday” thing. A 6-11 season in his first year with the team led to Derek Carr being the scapegoat at the end of the season, with Jimmy Garoppolo — another Patriots connection, being tabbed as the man to lead the Raiders to the promised land. That’s gone about as well as expected. Through eight games, the Raiders are 31st in yards per game and 30th in points per game, with Garoppolo throwing for 1205-7-9. The defense isn’t much better, ranking 22nd in points allowed while getting thrashed on the ground to the tune of 140.6 yards per game. McDaniels was eight games into the second year of a six-year contract, and is still owed what’s left on that deal. In addition to McDaniels, the Raiders also fired GM Dave Ziegler, who joined the team in January 2022. Linebackers coach Antonio Pierce has been promoted to interim head coach and will get his first test in Week 9 against the Giants.
So what's in store for skippy now?

Will Bill bring him back in an advisor role?
OC somewhere else?
Was that his last chance as a HC?

There are these questions and more that I'm really not sure if I give a shit about.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's in store for skippy now?

Will Bill bring him back in an advisor role?
OC somewhere else?
Was that his last chance as a HC?

There are these questions and more that I'm really not sure if I give a shit about.
BB bringing him back would be interesting. He makes offenses work, look some guys just aren't cut out to be HC.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collecting $10M a year until 2028 softens the embarrassment.

Everyone knows that he's an outstanding offensive mind and I'm sure that there will be a team that will try to bring him on board. I doubt he'll take any job without working out a deal with Davis for at least half of what he's owed.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collecting $10M a year until 2028 softens the embarrassment.

Everyone knows that he's an outstanding offensive mind and I'm sure that there will be a team that will try to bring him on board. I doubt he'll take any job without working out a deal with Davis for at least half of what he's owed.
If he was fired with a guaranteed contract he doesn't need to work anything out, does he?