• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bulletin Board

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and always agree, but that wasn't the lawyer comment - this was - This is the institutional racism that we deal with every day in the court system.

I agree your perspective runs deeper than mine since you've experienced systematic racism both closer and more often. I completely know it exists.
Exactly the American Court System where some are deemed thugs, or crimimals, or gangsters before they step into a court room, she is simply trying to erase the image.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly the American Court System where some are deemed thugs, or crimimals, or gangsters before they step into a court room, she is simply trying to erase the image.
I get it but it's posturing and I'm wired to not liking posturing but I'm also a realist. She's trying to burn out the weeds ahead of the fire to help stop the fire. The truth, I didn't think black man + gun = thug. What I really thought was @Yankee Traveler likes guns but otherwise seems a lot like me so there's a good chance Jack too is a lot like me. I also think Ja is posing like a thug (meaning he isn't one but wants to look like one) and question why he would take that pose.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verry important, read the below in green.

Me as a juror on his case.
Not guilty your honor.
Truth be told I might have done the same thing with Arron Hernandez

So can I be a homer or what?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What institution, life in America? This is a preconceived notion that black in America once arrested and handed that moniker. The institution is America, the ones doling out the titles are the 1%er IMO, and the media, the people of powers. All she is attempting to do is clear that train of thought from potential jurors
It is traditional "lawyer speak"
I don't know the facts of the case other than what we all have heard.
I lean towards "innocent until proven guilty"
Black hip-hop fashion is very thuggish to most white americans but I have known many blacks that look like thugs that are far from it.

I can't see this trial going to jury - not in his best interest.
It is seemingly airtight and a jury would have to find him guilty. The judge still gets to sentence.
He would most likely be best served by negotiations with DA, Attorney and judge in back room.
The more low-key they can keep this, the less the judge needs to throw the book at him.

I was charged with a felony at 18. I was not guilty but it never went to court. Attorney made sure of it.
The fact the judge knew me helped.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His lawyer is putting any potential juror on warning (if this ever gets to trail) that "they" will be perceived as a racist if they find him guilty.
It's a simple but effective means of perjuring the jury before they even get selected to sit.

They have to put the case in front of the public before the DA or AG starts to do the same. No matter how stupid they look doing it. You can shake your head all you want, but seeds have been planted.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His lawyer is putting any potential juror on warning (if this ever gets to trail) that "they" will be perceived as a racist if they find him guilty.
It's a simple but effective means of perjuring the jury before they even get selected to sit.

They have to put the case in front of the public before the DA or AG starts to do the same. No matter how stupid they look doing it. You can shake your head all you want, but seeds have been planted.
Gabriel Iglesias Finger Guns GIF by NETFLIX

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's BULLSHIT. If the facts of the case purely dictate he's guilty then nobody will be judged as anything based on the verdict. This isn't the OJ case where there was a degree of separation between the accused and the crime scene which allowed doubt to be cast over every piece of evidence. Mark Fuhrman did not plant the victims at the crime scene.... either loaded guns were in the bag or they weren't, and the bags either were his or they weren't.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just can't stop.

You don't live in New England and never have. Boston has been a racism target since the days of busing. It still suffers the same accusations to this day. Then you go completely off the subject and try to compare a weapons charge to a murder trial. Talk about left field.

Jones' lawyer is laying the foundation for his defense. Bringing race to the forefront is a smart tactic in a city like Boston. She never laid out how she plans to present the case and she won't unless it goes to trial. She made two great moves. 1. Race 2. Bringing in the "Thug" accusation. Now she has both the Herald and Globe backing off.

We're not talking about gloves that shrank. We're talking, "He didn't know" and he's black in Boston.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just can't stop.

You don't live in New England and never have. Boston has been a racism target since the days of busing. It still suffers the same accusations to this day. Then you go completely off the subject and try to compare a weapons charge to a murder trial. Talk about left field.

Jones' lawyer is laying the foundation for his defense. Bringing race to the forefront is a smart tactic in a city like Boston. She never laid out how she plans to present the case and she won't unless it goes to trial. She made two great moves. 1. Race 2. Bringing in the "Thug" accusation. Now she has both the Herald and Globe backing off.

We're not talking about gloves that shrank. We're talking, "He didn't know" and he's black in Boston.
Did he or did he not have guns at the airport will be the only relevant question for a jury. That was where my response was directed. I've posted over and over that race can still be an issue, especially the association with the term thug.

The jury can think "what a nice, wonderful young man who brought guns into an airport", GUILTY. They can think "Let's get another thug off the streets for having guns at an airport", GUILTY.

I live near Boston and spent 10 years living inside Boston. I have black friends, coworkers and in-laws. I've heard stories and witnessed mild yet offensive treatment.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he or did he not have guns at the airport will be the only relevant question for a jury. That was where my response was directed. I've posted over and over that race can still be an issue, especially the association with the term thug.

The jury can think "what a nice, wonderful young man who brought guns into an airport", GUILTY. They can think "Let's get another thug off the streets for having guns at an airport", GUILTY.

I live near Boston and spent 10 years living inside Boston. I have black friends, coworkers and in-laws. I've heard stories and witnessed mild yet offensive treatment.
Correct the fact he had guns at the airport should be the only factor considered. If found guilty sentencing becomes questionable. Would Jack Jones get the same sentencing as Julian Edelman had the roles been reversed. One question comes to mind, if he is considered a thug how do we find a jury of thug peers?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's BULLSHIT. If the facts of the case purely dictate he's guilty then nobody will be judged as anything based on the verdict. This isn't the OJ case where there was a degree of separation between the accused and the crime scene which allowed doubt to be cast over every piece of evidence. Mark Fuhrman did not plant the victims at the crime scene.... either loaded guns were in the bag or they weren't, and the bags either were his or they weren't.
Evidently you don't know how courts work.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Jones is dumb. USC had to dismiss him from the team for poor grades. Gets arrested while at Arizona State for breaking into a Panda Express. The Patriots suspend him at the end of the year(for reasons I’m not sure about). And now the loaded guns at an airport. This guy is trouble. Cut his sorry ass and move on.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Jones is dumb. USC had to dismiss him from the team for poor grades. Gets arrested while at Arizona State for breaking into a Panda Express. The Patriots suspend him at the end of the year(for reasons I’m not sure about). And now the loaded guns at an airport. This guy is trouble. Cut his sorry ass and move on.
Very likely what will happen

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Being dumb" will be part of his defense!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must read!
It's interesting that in MA and out of stater needn't register their weapons, gun laws are pretty strict in MA. Also of note is the magazine capacity, maybe in AZ that rule does not apply so he was just bringing his shit with him completely unaware. It said something about the the guns being in a box seems that the requirement for transport may have been met.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting that in MA and out of stater needn't register their weapons, gun laws are pretty strict in MA. Also of note is the magazine capacity, maybe in AZ that rule does not apply so he was just bringing his shit with him completely unaware. It said something about the the guns being in a box seems that the requirement for transport may have been met.
A lot of interesting facts to consider in the article.
What is not in there is how much - if any, jail time is served for the people who forget.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently you don't know how courts work.
It's not about courts, it's about cases in courts. Gray area can be manipulated but Jack's case doesn't have that. Did he have guns at the airport is the question.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm...dumb you say?

Can he break up passes?
Can he intercept a few of them?

He'll be a Pat this year and next as well.