• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bulletin Board

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just say this.

His crime was the possession of firearms.

A LOT of people are acting like he committed a serious crime while using a firearm.

People can be idiots. I believe Jack Jones is an idiot.

Comparing him to Hernandez, who had a history of serious violence, is ludicrous.

Certainly seems that way but imagine the shit you could pull off with a couple of loaded guns on an airplane if you wanted to? He tried to bring them aboard. I mean, he did.

I think we all agree that he's just an idiot but this is idiocy beyond normal comprehension.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends.
Depends on whether he was trying to, or if he forgot that he had them in his bag.
It happens.

Nigel Bradham - Eagles
Quinnen Williams - Jets
Duane Brown - Seahawks
Robaire Smith - Browns
Senquez Golson - Steelers

This is all well and good and makes me think maybe he's just really really dumb.

But weren't the guns illegal? And loaded?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all well and good and makes me think maybe he's just really really dumb.

But weren't the guns illegal? And loaded?
I believe his home state is Arizona.

There, not including stepping into airport security of course, nothing was illegal about having those loaded guns in his backpack.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There, not including stepping into airport security of course, nothing was illegal about having those loaded guns in his backpack.
What? SInce when can you transport loaded weapons? I may very well be wrong but I was under the impression you could not transport loaded weapons>

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? SInce when can you transport loaded weapons? I may very well be wrong but I was under the impression you could not transport loaded weapons>
Arizona is a constitutional carry state. You can carry them strapped to your side, underneath your coat, or in a backpack with or without a permit.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona is a constitutional carry state. You can carry them strapped to your side, underneath your coat, or in a backpack with or without a permit.
Okay am I missing something? This took place in MA

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See...It's all your fault.

I'm not so sure that pulling the race card out right now is the way to go.

Doesn't matter what race you are, brining unregistered loaded weapons through security at Logan Airport is a pretty serious crime.

Bummer. I really hope there's an explanation but I can't think of one.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He can speak for himself but I believe he's implying that maybe it really was just a brain fart because it wouldn't have been a big deal in his home state. That's what I took from that and it gave me a tiny sliver of hope.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote previously...

"There" in reference to his home state of Arizona.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote previously...

"There" in reference to his home state of Arizona.
Yes I get that. But you still have to know local laws and federal laws. I mean he had to know taking them on an airplane was a no no I think we can all agree to that? I assume he purchased them in MA or did he transport them into MA from AZ? Either way I cannot see this going well.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones did not speak directly with reporters after his court appearance, but his defense attorney, Rosemary Scapicchio, offered a statement and answered a few questions on his behalf.
He had no intention of bringing any guns into Logan Airport that day,” Scapicchio told reporters outside the courthouse, per MassLive. “And I expect that the evidence is going to show that he had no knowledge of what was going on.

Well, now that we understand there was no intention, we can just go ahead and exonerate this poor kid.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones did not speak directly with reporters after his court appearance, but his defense attorney, Rosemary Scapicchio, offered a statement and answered a few questions on his behalf.
He had no intention of bringing any guns into Logan Airport that day,” Scapicchio told reporters outside the courthouse, per MassLive. “And I expect that the evidence is going to show that he had no knowledge of what was going on.

Well, now that we understand there was no intention, we can just go ahead and exonerate this poor kid.
Look that's the way I would like for it to work out for the young man, I really do. But the prosecution will likely paint a very different picture. Can a plea of sorts be worked out in situations like this? Some sort of community service?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I get that. But you still have to know local laws and federal laws. I mean he had to know taking them on an airplane was a no no I think we can all agree to that? I assume he purchased them in MA or did he transport them into MA from AZ? Either way I cannot see this going well.
Just a comment that the laws differ from one state to the other.
As they have normal capacity magazines, I assume they were not purchased in Mass.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look that's the way I would like for it to work out for the young man, I really do. But the prosecution will likely paint a very different picture. Can a plea of sorts be worked out in situations like this? Some sort of community service?
Pfftt...

Community $ervice...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a comment that the laws differ from one state to the other.
As they have normal capacity magazines, I assume they were not purchased in Mass.
If not purchased in MA, and I agree, then he transported and did not register. It really does not look good for the young man

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pfftt...

Community $ervice...
I don't know brah, I was just wondering if they believe there was no intent where does that leave the courts. Is there some form of leniency

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know brah, I was just wondering if they believe there was no intent where does that leave the courts. Is there some form of leniency
There's always room for leniency as far as the Court$ are concerned.