• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bulletin Board

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But where's the pattern? I always keep a "innocent until guilt can be reasonably inferred" approach. The guns at the airport is pretty darn close but I still would like an explanation. Guns in a bag at an airport just seems too dumb to be anything other than an accident (extremely negligent of course). @Yankee Traveler , you are a gun enthusiast, is there any reasonable case for this being an accident?
Problems in school. Suspended last year. Now this. I'm not saying he's a psychopath. But where there is smoke there is usually fire.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But where's the pattern? I always keep a "innocent until guilt can be reasonably inferred" approach. The guns at the airport is pretty darn close but I still would like an explanation. Guns in a bag at an airport just seems too dumb to be anything other than an accident (extremely negligent of course). @Yankee Traveler , you are a gun enthusiast, is there any reasonable case for this being an accident?
In my mind no.
I assume he brought them from his home state (Arizona?) in his checked bag, where TSA had the opportunity to inspect and normal capacity magazines are legal.
Again, assuming, he meant to put them back in his checked bag going home, or he has an apartment/condo in Mass, he forgot that they were in his carry on.
There is no excuse for forgetting where your gun is. But I do know some people who have done that. Had a gun in their console and forgot it when they went inside.
I assume this was the case, and no malicious intent, but...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problems in school. Suspended last year. Now this. I'm not saying he's a psychopath. But where there is smoke there is usually fire.
That does seems like a valid assessment but I want to hear more.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The really concerning part is those loaded guns must have been at the team facilities at some point? Or were they? It's unlikely he bought them here or brought them on another flight. Where did they come from? It seemed bizarre at first and it gets even more bizarre the more I think it through.
It's REALLY easy to check weapons.

In your checked baggage.

It is a fantastic way of making sure your luggage is not fucked with and nothing stolen from it. TSA will hand deliver it to you at your destination.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay there is ZERO explanation for attempting to take guns on an airplane and not notifying anyone. No way I am defending this idiot.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I just want the best players on the field.
Just like I was a big fan of Arron Hernandez, until l wasn't.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay there is ZERO explanation for attempting to take guns on an airplane and not notifying anyone. No way I am defending this idiot.
There's ALWAYS an explanation and I'm extremely curious to hear it, though I doubt it can be defendable.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's ALWAYS an explanation and I'm extremely curious to hear it, though I doubt it can be defendable.
Explanation: I was born and raised with the train of thought the rules don't apply to me. Now that I am a professional athlete they apply even less. So fuck it, I packed my guns and fuck anyone that challenges that.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I just want the best players on the field.
Just like I was a big fan of Arron Hernandez, until l wasn't.

I was at a party a few years ago in Hollywood and this big tough looking dude had on a Hernandez jersey. I made the decision to not fuck with that guy.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That does seems like a valid assessment but I want to hear more.
Problem is that the Judge will hear about his school trouble and arrest in the judge's chambers from the clerk and bailiff.
The prosecutor cannot bring up the prior arrest without "proving it" Defendant denies priors, prsecutor does not want the extra work, cannot bring it up. The grapevine prevails however......

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just say this.

His crime was the possession of firearms.

A LOT of people are acting like he committed a serious crime while using a firearm.

People can be idiots. I believe Jack Jones is an idiot.

Comparing him to Hernandez, who had a history of serious violence, is ludicrous.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just say this.

His crime was the possession of firearms.

A LOT of people are acting like he committed a serious crime while using a firearm.

People can be idiots. I believe Jack Jones is an idiot.

Comparing him to Hernandez, who had a history of serious violence, is ludicrous.
So you don't see a difference between carrying a gun in your vehicle vs trying to carry them on an airplane at an international airport?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones, 25, has been charged with two counts each of of possession of a concealed weapon in a secure area of an airport (felony) 7-9
, possession of ammunition without a firearm identification card (felony), 2-5
unlawful possession of a firearm (felony),2-5
carrying a loaded firearm (felony) 2-5
possession of a large-capacity feeding device (State or Felony??) 2-5

He's in Mass. and they don't have much warm and fuzzy when it comes to handguns. So he's looking t 13-29 years in Walpole. If he's smart he plea bargains and gets 3-7. He's not smart and will plead not guilty and the judge will throw the book at him and he will probably get 9-17.