• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bulletin Board

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure that pulling the race card out right now is the way to go.

Doesn't matter what race you are, brining unregistered loaded weapons through security at Logan Airport is a pretty serious crime.

Bummer. I really hope there's an explanation but I can't think of one.
Shame he's not the President's son!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the Patriots' legal team, Jones' lawyers and the prosecutor will sit down and see if they can work out some sort of deal that a federal jusdge will think is fair and be uncomfortable enough to make sure that Jones really tows the line or will do 7-9 years of hard time that he can't get out of. Two years of strict probation. Has to honor his Patriots' contract and report weekly to a Mass. probation officer for two years. Can't leave Mass. except for games and must be inside his home by midnight. Maybe has to wear an ankle bracelet for a year and if he behaves it comes off.
Make him behave. If he can't, he does the time. Three strikes.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the Patriots' legal team, Jones' lawyers and the prosecutor will sit down and see if they can work out some sort of deal that a federal jusdge will think is fair and be uncomfortable enough to make sure that Jones really tows the line or will do 7-9 years of hard time that he can't get out of. Two years of strict probation. Has to honor his Patriots' contract and report weekly to a Mass. probation officer for two years. Can't leave Mass. except for games and must be inside his home by midnight. Maybe has to wear an ankle bracelet for a year and if he behaves it comes off.
I hear there is mandatory prison time of 1 1/2 years plue a clause for the gun being loaded.
If true, he has a minimum time of 2.5 years.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huh? The dude broke a very serious law with very serious consequences.

His football coach can't go and convince a judge that as long as he plays football and goes to bed by 9 p.m. that everything will be fine.

This is WAY beyond the Patriots.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His football coach can't go and convince a judge that as long as he plays football and goes to bed by 9 p.m. that everything will be fine.

Where's a George Soros prosecutor when you need one?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ish...

The good thing is, there has never been any corruption in MA.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn't matter what race you are, brining unregistered loaded weapons through security at Logan Airport is a pretty serious crime.

We are part of social media and we have thrown the word idiot around a lot. I haven't seen one of us infer he's a thug or his actions are related to his race. I'm sure there's plenty of the standard "white superior" element making Pavlov comments, but they always do that either when something good or bad happens to those with darker complexions.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey. People are getting probation for murder 1. The legal system is wrought with bullshit.
Jack Jones isn't a big fish for the DA or the MA AG. Why waste $10-$15M of taxpayers' money on a trial when you can gring the guy and if he screws up will do a longer stretch of hard time. As far as Kraft is concerned, he'd rather try to save Jones' ass and kick it a bit than have another Hernandez case on his team resume. If Jones turns himself around, Kraft's a hero, if not he at least gave the guy every opportunity to get himself right.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey. People are getting probation for murder 1. The legal system is wrought with bullshit.
Jack Jones isn't a big fish for the DA or the MA AG. Why waste $10-$15M of taxpayers' money on a trial when you can gring the guy and if he screws up will do a longer stretch of hard time. As far as Kraft is concerned, he'd rather try to save Jones' ass and kick it a bit than have another Hernandez case on his team resume. If Jones turns himself around, Kraft's a hero, if not he at least gave the guy every opportunity to get himself right.
Jack's issue is a parking ticket compared to Hernandez unless he was transporting the guns from his flop house.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are part of social media and we have thrown the word idiot around a lot. I haven't seen one of us infer he's a thug or his actions are related to his race. I'm sure there's plenty of the standard "white superior" element making Pavlov comments, but they always do that either when something good or bad happens to those with darker complexions.
Yeah the social media painted that picture, not sure it happened here. I still think the guns were packed on purpose but he didn't really know the severity of the action. Still may be no excuse but he could well get 2 years for just being oblivious

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looking back at the lawyer's statement....

“This is not a situation where Mr. Jones ever wanted to be a thug or thought of as a thug, but because he’s a young Black man, all of a sudden, he’s a thug,” Scapicchio said, as transcribed by CBS Boston. “That’s what’s happened here. There’s no evidence of that whatsoever. And it’s disrespectful to Mr. Jones and everyone else — every other Black man in America who’s young and Black — to be called a thug because he happens to be Black.
“This is the institutional racism that we deal with every day in the court system. There’s no indication whatsoever that he was in any way disrespectful, there’s no information at all that he was in any way or did anything to say he wanted to be a gang member or a thug. He’s a young Black man charged with a crime. Therefore, he must want to be a gang member, he must want to be a thug.”

I don't disagree with any of the statement, but young males (not differentiated by race) who are arrested for violent crimes (or those with violence potential) are very often thugs. However, being a thug isn't a crime until caught during a thuggish act. She claims there's no evidence he's a thug, but seems to forget there's very real evidence of a serious crime. I just don't see any relevance in the statement, especially the comment about being subject to institutional racism. Is there anyone who wouldn't get the same treatment for accidently carrying loaded guns through Logan Airport in 2023.

We know racism is alive and well, but let's wait until we see some in this circumstance before defending against it.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“This is not a situation where Mr. Jones ever wanted to be a thug or thought of as a thug, but because he’s a young Black man, all of a sudden, he’s a thug,” Scapicchio said, as transcribed by CBS Boston. “That’s what’s happened here. There’s no evidence of that whatsoever. And it’s disrespectful to Mr. Jones and everyone else — every other Black man in America who’s young and Black — to be called a thug because he happens to be Black.
“This is the institutional racism that we deal with every day in the court system. There’s no indication whatsoever that he was in any way disrespectful, there’s no information at all that he was in any way or did anything to say he wanted to be a gang member or a thug. He’s a young Black man charged with a crime. Therefore, he must want to be a gang member, he must want to be a thug.”

I don't disagree with any of the statement, but young males (not differentiated by race) who are arrested for violent crimes (or those with violence potential) are very often thugs. However, being a thug isn't a crime until caught during a thuggish act. She claims there's no evidence he's a thug, but seems to forget there's very real evidence of a serious crime. I just don't see any relevance in the statement, especially the comment about being subject to institutional racism. Is there anyone who wouldn't get the same treatment for accidently carrying loaded guns through Logan Airport in 2023.

We know racism is alive and well, but let's wait until we see some in this circumstance before defending against it.

I don't disagree. I would add that I haven't seen or heard anybody call him a thug. It's been pretty universal that he's an idiot. That's what rubbed me wrong about the lawyers comments. She brought race into it with the thug thing but everybody I see is simply referring to him as an idiot.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

She doesn't want him painted as a thug seeing as this will likely go before a jury. She doesn't want the image in their minds. I feel this happens a lot to African American males, you was a white man can't see it because unintentionally you are brainwashed into this belief. I raised a black male and I watched him get labeled it's very real

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She doesn't want him painted as a thug seeing as this will likely go before a jury. She doesn't want the image in their minds. I feel this happens a lot to African American males, you was a white man can't see it because unintentionally you are brainwashed into this belief. I raised a black male and I watched him get labeled it's very real
I know it's real. White thug gets a stylish hair cut, covers up his tats and he's now perceived as "clean cut". A similar black kid does the same and he's perceived as "black".

My contention is her declaring her client innocent (of being a thug), and declaring her client is a victim of institutional racism before he's really even been part of the institution.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's real. White thug gets a stylish hair cut, covers up his tats and he's now perceived as "clean cut". A similar black kid does the same and he's perceived as "black".

My contention is her declaring her client innocent (of being a thug), and declaring her client is a victim of institutional racism before he's really even been part of the institution.
What institution, life in America? This is a preconceived notion that black in America once arrested and handed that moniker. The institution is America, the ones doling out the titles are the 1%er IMO, and the media, the people of powers. All she is attempting to do is clear that train of thought from potential jurors

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What institution, life in America? This is a preconceived notion that black in America once arrested and handed that moniker. The institution is America, the ones doling out the titles are the 1%er IMO, and the media, the people of powers. All she is attempting to do is clear that train of thought from potential jurors
I agree and always agree, but that wasn't the lawyer comment - this was - This is the institutional racism that we deal with every day in the court system.

I agree your perspective runs deeper than mine since you've experienced systematic racism both closer and more often. I completely know it exists.