• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucky Brooks: 9ers will field one of the most explosive offenses

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm cautiously optimistic about the Alex Smith and the offense in general. This is the first time in a very long time that I felt in terms of talent and coaching we're in pretty good shape offensively.

So with that said I think Alex Smith will surprise a lot of people this season. Not that he's going to be Brees or Rodgers or anything but I can see him having an Eli Manning kind of season where he won't wow you with numbers and big plays but will be effective and efficient at keeping the drive moving and scoring.

On a personal note I would love for him to have a great season and win the Superbowl just for the sheer comedic value of it. It would be one of the all time middle fingers you could give in sports and it would be epic.

i remain cautiously optimistic too. the personnel has more talented parts, but the unit still needs to show itself.

don't get the "comedic value" part?

i was at the Eagles game when the "we want Carr" was embarassing loud.....embarassing intense. i understand poor play warrants boos, but what struck me was the sheer feeling of hated........in our own stadium? i was likely the only one who wasn't chanting it (other than my four friends who're not 49er fans). agree it would be middle finger, but not epic.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
i remain cautiously optimistic too. the personnel has more talented parts, but the unit still needs to show itself.

don't get the "comedic value" part?

i was at the Eagles game when the "we want Carr" was embarassing loud.....embarassing intense. i understand poor play warrants boos, but what struck me was the sheer feeling of hated........in our own stadium? i was likely the only one who wasn't chanting it (other than my four friends who're not 49er fans). agree it would be middle finger, but not epic.

The comedic value would come from the absurdity of it all if he does win the Super Bowl AND has a great season to go along with it.

He's been reviled most of his career by a good portion of the fans and most of us we're wondering how many games till CK was in before last season. Other team's fans still consider him a joke and say "Not with Alex Smith as your QB" in regards to winning the SB. He was thrown under the bus by Nolan and to a lesser extent Singletary. And the media while warming up to him still thinks little of him.

Especially Jamie Dukes

It would be epic because really the only 1st round bust to turn it around and reach the top was Jim Plunkett but I would argue Alex Smith would have a tougher road than Jim if he does win the SB because of the era he plays in with the NFL being a huge as it is now, sports media even bigger with the amount of channels devoted to sports along with the internet providing a bigger forum to discuss it, and the fact he's been on the same team.