• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucks offseason possibilities

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because saying "he missed most of the season", which you did, is not the same as "missed an important part of the season", despite your backpedal attempt.
Whatever dude.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, yes. But on the rare occasion I'm not I usually have no problem saying so. Why do you?
Let's test you.....you answered "well, yes" to asking if always right. Why would you then say on the rare occasion you are not.

You are either always right or you aren't. don't flipflop.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,

If Kawhi goes West,

All the other players in the East will be “significantly worse” also. With the possible exception of Philly.

So, it is actually possible for the Bucks to be worse than they were and yet make it further if their completion is worse also.
A nice analogy even if it lacks credibility.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,

If Kawhi goes West,

All the other players in the East will be “significantly worse” also. With the possible exception of Philly.

So, it is actually possible for the Bucks to be worse than they were and yet make it further if their completion is worse also.
worse? Sure.....but you said significantly.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is not everybody is right all the time so why make an issue of it? This forum is for talking NBA basketball and having fun. Some folks here take things way too seriously.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's test you.....you answered "well, yes" to asking if always right. Why would you then say on the rare occasion you are not.

You are either always right or you aren't. don't flipflop.
This sentence is a lie.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must be on another forum
source.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worse? Sure.....but you said significantly.

Yes I did.

Because Brogdon is really good.

I don’t care if you disagree. That is fine.

But it is not “extreme” to think a team will be “significantly worse” when they lose their 3rd and 6th or 7th best players.

You and I obviously have different definitions of “significant”

To me that does not mean they necessarily drop out of contention. It means that his absence will make the team noticeably worse.

An “insignificant loss” would be one like Tony Snell.

Argue semantics all you want. Bottom line is the Bucks got worse this summer. Quite possibly the other top East teams did too.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I did.

But it is not “extreme” to think a team will be “significantly worse” when they lose their 3rd and 6th or 7th best players.

To me that does not mean they necessarily drop out of contention. It means that his absence will make the team noticeably worse.

Argue semantics all you want. Bottom line is the Bucks got worse this summer. Quite possibly the other top East teams did too.
No, the Bucks didn't get any worse no matter how hard you try and convince yourself.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I did.

No disagreement there. Significant loss? Sure. Got worse? Also agree.

Other top teams? I'm torn. Of course Toronto gets worse if Kawhi goes. But I think one could argue as much chance Philly or Boston improve (Philly more likely). Indiana, as well....lost some talent but should have Oladipo back.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disagreement there. Significant loss? Sure. Got worse? Also agree.

Other top teams? I'm torn. Of course Toronto gets worse if Kawhi goes. But I think one could argue as much chance Philly or Boston improve (Philly more likely). Indiana, as well....lost some talent but should have Oladipo back.

Philly could be better than last year for sure.

But they also lost depth and lost shooting that could hurt them. I do like their moves though overall.

Boston?

They probably will have a better record this year. But they definitely lost a lot of talent. They too could be “better” yet still not a legit contender.

Pacers are the hardest to figure. They will get Dipo back and they got Brogdon and Warren, but they also lost 3 of their top 6 from last year’s team.

I would not be shocked if any of these teams wins the East next year. If Milwaukee has simply kept all their guys and Kawhi had left, Milly would be prohibitive favorites.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest news is that the Bucks won't be signining free agent Thanasis Antetokounmpo for the summer league as it first appeared to be the case, but will instead offer to the uber athletic brother of Giannis a two year fully guaranteed contract...

This shouldn't come as a surprise, because Thanasis and Giannis will both join the Greek national team in the training camp later this month, in order to prepare for the FIBA world championship...

Thanasis and Giannis along with younger brother Kostas (who will also join the Greek national team) are all working hard in a training camp in Greece right now...

Giannis and Thanasis are expected to return in Milwaukee just after the World championship tournament ends and join the rest of the team in the Bucks training camp...

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must be additionally noted that the coming of Thanasis Antetokoumpo to the Bucks, makes one asset out of Sterling Brown or Pat Connaughton expendable...

The Bucks now have all Middleton, Matthews, Thanasis, Brown and Connaughton able to play 2 and 3 and with Middleton being untouchable and Matthews an established shooter, the room for all Brown, Connaughton and Thanasis becomes too narrow for all to coexist... with Pat Connaughton being the oldest and Brown being with more upside and promising potential, as well as with Thanasis being more athletic than Pat (can this be...? Yes it can!!!) it looks like Pat could be be a desirable for many teams asset that the Bucks won't miss if traded.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks are determined to upgrade further their roster for each every season that follows...

1. This season the Bucks will surely trade Tony Snell and possibly Erzan Ilyasova too...
2. The Bucks are looking to resign all their expiring contracts, but only if they agree on "team friendly" deals... They will pay none that demands a renewal more than what Giannis annual salary is (on his current contract) ...
3. The Bucks have set the tone of what they mean as "team friendly" contracts, by resigning Bledsoe (their No.3) at a 4/70M deal... No2 gets more, all others less...
4. All players but Middleton seem to agree with that policy and want to stay with the team... If Middleton demands more, the Bucks are not willing to resign him, but are willing to "help" him the best they can as to join the organization he is after...
5. If Middleton was to leave the Bucks, his primary destination would be the Orlando Magic and then (less so) The Hawks, because he likes being "back home" close to his family (he is from the south of S. Carolina), but also because he would prefer to be with a team that (he believes) he can lead.
6. Middleton also has great relations with J. Hammond (the ex-GM of the Bucks and now of the Magic) and knows that the Magic are "keeping an eye on him" (not that they are the only ones)...
7. The Bucks started the season unable to play "3 tower on the floor" tactics, but only "3 guards of the floor"... They now start the game playing "3 towers" (with Miro at 3 and Khris at 2) and destroy their opponents because Mirotic attracts "bigs" to guard him and takes "load off" Giannis... They'll be looking to add another SF/PF this season, so that they can back up Mirotic and play "3 towers" for as long as needed.
8. The Bucks have plenty of combo guards that can play 2/3 on (Middleton, Brown, Connaughton and Snell), they can therefore rotate and turn the system to "3 guards on the floor" at anytime...
9. Most effective player for the Bucks to play at 2 is Brogdon (1/2 combo guard) because he can shoot the ball (slightly) better than Middleton, but he attacks the rim more, but (most important) he is better than Khris in "reading the game", "playmaking" and "pick and roll" the ball with Giannis.
10. The Bucks are looking to have the most effective starting roster but have 13 "active" players in their roster with 2x4=8 to back up the starting five... two 1/2 combo guards, two 2/3 combo guards, two 3/4 combo forwards and two 4/5 combo forwards...
11. Depending on the lottery outcome tonight, the Bucks will be looking to buy "picks" (as long a pick falls within a team that they can negotiate with)...
12. The Bucks know that they will be "1st targeted destination this season for FAs and players that want to be traded.
13. The Bucks most "untouchable" players are the "Bucks generatives" (i.e. The players that have only played with the Bucks for their entire up to now NBA career)... These are (in that order) Giannis, Brogdon, Brown, D.J. Wilson and Divicenzo. One of those players (but Giannis) can only be traded if and only if the trade is crucial for the team to make the next step.
14. For the Bucks locker room relationships under the leadership of Giannis (who works hard and is the one responsible for it). No player can be "a Buck" if there is suspicion that he may cause "disturbance" in the locker room...
15. Players that the Bucks are considering for this season for the starting roster or "important bench" are: AD, Jrue Holiday, Paul George, Kemba Walker, Nikola Vucevic, Aaron Godon, D. Dedmon, Marcus & Markieff Morris and Bojan Bogdanovic.

This is fun

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you don't understand because you have it all mixed on your brains having quoted so many times all nonesense without bothering to read what people tell you... and therefore you end up posting with whatever false/stupid has stuck in your little head... is this:

It's not that the Bucks need or will be after PG (The Bucks do have other alternatives if this doesn't work)... It's the Thunder that will be approaching the Bucks because they hardly have any other alternative out there to deal with and save the 60+M...

Understand? if you haven't, don't rush to reply again before you do (understand)... Then read again and again if needed, so that you fully understand!

Once again (after the 100+ times that your little brain missed it):

First priority for OKC isn't to trade PG for a fair value, nor they would want to trade PG if they had the alternative...

First priority for OKC is: "to save 60+M so that they can avoid paying lux tax in the future and avoid being trapped in a situation where they have no future or hope to progress"

Another fun 1

Too bad OKC was unable to deal PG to Milwaukee instead of LAC

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because under the CBA's 125% rule even doing that doesn't save them 20+M of salaries they need to!

Even if they do get back J.R. Smith or George Hill included in the deal, they don't!

It's either Westbrook (looks impossible) or Paul George they have to move and then to get either J.R Smith or George Hill back...

LOL.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That in order to save more than what 125% rule allows them, they have to do a trade that includes JR Smith or G.Hill in the pack of players they receive and then after they renew their contracts on "sign and trade"... because then J.R. Smith will be valued for 16M and Hill for 19M under the 125% agreement, despite their new contracts being of much less...

LOL again.