• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce is out period

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once I saw the video, I knew he was all the way gone.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could be nothing, but they didn't even acknowledge each other. Also Alex Smith went with Dan while Bruce went in the other direction.
The only way this could be a better video is if one, or both, of them were doing a perp walk out of Fedex in handcuffs.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last glance that Alex gave Bruce though. lol

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet Bruce had no idea when he traded for AS that he would be the guy that was his undoing .... well that and an entire world hollering "Fire Bruce!!"

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok i merged the 2 allen threads into one

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This is a move the media has greatly applauded this morning. It seems as though the consensus in the press is that firing Bruce Allen was a tremendous decision by the Redskins. The media, as usual, is wrong.

Let's think back to what happened a couple of years ago. Almost all sports writers and everyone on ESPN and NFL Network constantly criticized for the Redskins not extending Kirk Cousins. Washington was constantly chided for not paying Cousins what he wanted, but despite the heavy criticism, Allen was steadfast in his belief that Cousins was not a franchise quarterback. Rather than dive deep into cap purgatory, Allen opted to let Cousins go, choosing instead to acquire Alex Smith. Cousins ended up as a huge failure for the Vikings, while the Redskins - most forget this - were 6-2 last year and seemed poised to win the division easily before Smith suffered a gruesome, potentially career-ending injury.

The Redskins had to begin anew following Smith's injury, so they drafted Dwayne Haskins, who played well in his final couple of starts this season. Allen was also able to surround Haskins with some young, promising talents like Derrius Guice, Terry McLaurin, Steven Sims Jr., and Kelvin Harmon, none of whom were selected in the first round of any NFL Draft. Defensively, Allen found steals like Quinton Dunbar, Shaun Dion Hamilton and Matt Ioannidis, all of whom performed well in 2019. Dunbar was especially tremendous.

Allen built a promising, young group that could contend for the playoffs soon, and also had plenty of cap space to spend this offseason. Yet, the circle-jerking media, which has not accepted responsibility for being dead wrong about the Cousins stance, is thrilled about this decision. They have an irrational hatred for Allen, perhaps because of his politics, so despite what they say, this is not a move that will benefit the Redskins over the long haul."

From an outsider's perspective, i agree with these words. thoughts?

Perhaps it was just time for a change, and Allen made some mistakes just like any other general manager. However, there's no reason to think that the Redskins will improve in the wake of his firing, despite what sports reporters have to say. If most of the media is telling you something, the opposite is usually true, and that certainly is the case in this instance.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This is a move the media has greatly applauded this morning. It seems as though the consensus in the press is that firing Bruce Allen was a tremendous decision by the Redskins. The media, as usual, is wrong.

Let's think back to what happened a couple of years ago. Almost all sports writers and everyone on ESPN and NFL Network constantly criticized for the Redskins not extending Kirk Cousins. Washington was constantly chided for not paying Cousins what he wanted, but despite the heavy criticism, Allen was steadfast in his belief that Cousins was not a franchise quarterback. Rather than dive deep into cap purgatory, Allen opted to let Cousins go, choosing instead to acquire Alex Smith. Cousins ended up as a huge failure for the Vikings, while the Redskins - most forget this - were 6-2 last year and seemed poised to win the division easily before Smith suffered a gruesome, potentially career-ending injury.

The Redskins had to begin anew following Smith's injury, so they drafted Dwayne Haskins, who played well in his final couple of starts this season. Allen was also able to surround Haskins with some young, promising talents like Derrius Guice, Terry McLaurin, Steven Sims Jr., and Kelvin Harmon, none of whom were selected in the first round of any NFL Draft. Defensively, Allen found steals like Quinton Dunbar, Shaun Dion Hamilton and Matt Ioannidis, all of whom performed well in 2019. Dunbar was especially tremendous.

Allen built a promising, young group that could contend for the playoffs soon, and also had plenty of cap space to spend this offseason. Yet, the circle-jerking media, which has not accepted responsibility for being dead wrong about the Cousins stance, is thrilled about this decision. They have an irrational hatred for Allen, perhaps because of his politics, so despite what they say, this is not a move that will benefit the Redskins over the long haul."

From an outsider's perspective, i agree with these words. thoughts?

Perhaps it was just time for a change, and Allen made some mistakes just like any other general manager. However, there's no reason to think that the Redskins will improve in the wake of his firing, despite what sports reporters have to say. If most of the media is telling you something, the opposite is usually true, and that certainly is the case in this instance.
Cousins a huge failure in Minnesota? He's got them in the playoffs his second year there and finished in the top 10 in QB rankings for all NFL QBs. Cousins can no way be considered a huge failure. Huge miss by the author which makes his whole premise wrong.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins a huge failure in Minnesota? He's got them in the playoffs his second year there and finished in the top 10 in QB rankings for all NFL QBs. Cousins can no way be considered a huge failure. Huge miss by the author which makes his whole premise wrong.
That team Was super bowl
Ready , But ok . I think he's been good this year. The others were were hollow stats and he limited them. Just my opinion. He still can't beat winning teams.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That team Was super bowl
Ready , But ok . I think he's been good this year. The others were were hollow stats and he limited them. Just my opinion. He still can't beat winning teams.
They bottom line is this team would have been better off keeping cousins than losing him. Just look what we have paid for his replacement(s) in total. Allen fucked up in 2016 the first tIme his contract came up. Could have signed him for $20m for 5 years. He would now be in year 4 of that deal. It would look pretty sweet, huh? And we still could have drafted a Haskins and do proper grooming of a young QB to get him ready to replace cousins, if we needed to. It was a fundamental error on Allen that had ramifications that reverberates still today. The worst of it is that this wasn’t even Allen’s worst move. RG3 ring a bell?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They bottom line is this team would have been better off keeping cousins than losing him. Just look what we have paid for his replacement(s) in total. Allen fucked up in 2016 the first tIme his contract came up. Could have signed him for $20m for 5 years. He would now be in year 4 of that deal. It would look pretty sweet, huh? And we still could have drafted a Haskins and do proper grooming of a young QB to get him ready to replace cousins, if we needed to. It was a fundamental error on Allen that had ramifications that reverberates still today. The worst of it is that this wasn’t even Allen’s worst move. RG3 ring a bell?
Dude rg3 was a star in the making . Injuries hurt.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The team over extended for RG3. They compounded the damage by refusing to sign Cousins because they could not admit, they over extended on RG3.

Had he gone to a team with a better staff, he might have become the star many imagined. But RG3 was the perfect storm of a clusterfuck wrapped in clusterfuck, and feed a steady diet of big egos on all sides.

Trading for him was a mistake, and they compounded that mistake by refusing to admit.. they fucked up.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team over extended for RG3. They compounded the damage by refusing to sign Cousins because they could not admit, they over extended on RG3.

Had he gone to a team with a better staff, he might have become the star many imagined. But RG3 was the perfect storm of a clusterfuck wrapped in clusterfuck, and feed a steady diet of big egos on all sides.

Trading for him was a mistake, and they compounded that mistake by refusing to admit.. they fucked up.
I think thy gave up way too much. I just think he was going to be special if he didn't get hurt thats all. I Mean he lost everything that was "his" game. He's still around. That says something to me. Then you venture into what's to much for a franchise qb. Not trolling just an opinion. I get it though

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes!! Griffin never stood a chance to be as good as Cousins.

62-100 under Bruce.

The Shanahan debacle.

The McCloughan debacle … he was probably right but handled it poorly.

Donovan McNabb.

LaFemina debacle.

But hell, we are winning on the field.

I think I am surprised because a fan of a team that is run so well doesn't see how Bruce is a total fuck up.