• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

browns get landry and taylor

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The third is in 2019 and is equivalent to a fourth this season. Didn’t the Browns also give up a fifth this season?
the browns still have 5 picks in the top 65 . yes they gave up this years 5th

next year that 3rd will be a 3rd so i get about it "being a 4th " in this draft but after the draft its a real 3rd for real in 19

now if i was washington i may have made that deal easily

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the browns still have 5 picks in the top 65 . yes they gave up this years 5th

next year that 3rd will be a 3rd so i get about it "being a 4th " in this draft but after the draft its a real 3rd for real in 19

now if i was washington i may have made that deal easily

Oh, I get it. I just think the Browns way undervalued Shelton. They are so far under the cap, why not just pay Shelton? I think they have been taking notes from the Skins.

Of course we should have but we were kind of busy patting ourselves on the back for the ASS trade.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as good as KC is the new mantra , 7-9 wins is the ballpark i am supposed to be sold on .

fuller was the 6th rated cb in the NFL according to PFF

CDC is a stop gap at 34 . our quest for a new qb will begin this draft or the next i dont care if he can play 3-4 years at a declining level

the browns lost out ? they got a qb taylor for a 3rd who will be cheaper and do ythe job he is being asked too

He should do the same or better than KC for a lot less money. I don't get how you think Smith is on the decline. He is playing well and might have more weapons with the Redskins then the Chiefs depending on FA. Yes the Browns lost out on Smith. Smith would have given them a better chance to win than TT.

If we ever gave up the first pick in the 3rd round for Taylor you would have been screaming bloody hell. I liked all of the Browns trades except for that one.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should do the same or better than KC for a lot less money. I don't get how you think Smith is on the decline. He is playing well and might have more weapons with the Redskins then the Chiefs depending on FA. Yes the Browns lost out on Smith. Smith would have given them a better chance to win than TT.

If we ever gave up the first pick in the 3rd round for Taylor you would have been screaming bloody hell. I liked all of the Browns trades except for that one.

I love that first statement. He has had one season equal to KCs worst season over the last three years and he should be just as good in a new system...as if Andy Reid hasn’t been a top offensive mind in football over the last twenty years.

More weapons is outright laughable. They had the league leading rusher, the league’s number two TE, and the league’s number 7 WR who was three in YAC but we may have more weapons? wTF?

Yes...I would be pissed if we gave up a third for Taylor. Then again, we don’t have the plethora of picks they still have in the early rounds and to top it off they have had an incredibly large amount of high picks for two years prior.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smith came to the Redskins for one reason and one reason only.... MONEY. He made it clear he would only accept a trade to a team that was willing to give him an extension.

The Browns.. were not.
The Broncos... were not.
The Jets... were not.

The only team that was willing to trade for him AND give him the extension he wanted was, you guessed it... The Redskins.

Every other team saw him as a one year stopgap while they groomed the QB they plan to draft.

Washington saw him as...

A way to say, well at least we didnt have to tag Cousins or make another mega trade in the draft.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

are we running a thrift shop or are we trying to win superbowls ? we got "as good " by giving up resources to maintain the status quo ? how do you support that ?

and TT , SB TB or CK all give us what smith does for the price of a checkbook , not giving away good young resources for declining players

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets make this simple for you dean . KC was gone and i got that . it isnt about him anymore .

what it is about is doing what is best for the team . trading a starting cb and a 3rd rounder in a deep RB draft hurts this team long term because we created a hole at CB and we lost draft capitol

knowing KC was gone i would have signed an FA qb then drafted one of the top 5 guys and have him sit and learn

no qb is getting better when they hit 34 . AR isnt better then he was at 29 .

history shows that qbs in their mid 30's are in decline . sure brady and peyton beat the odds and moon before them and heck maybe even brees but for everyone of them there are 10 failures

the last time we traded up for old 34 yr old qb he was DMAC . that didnt go so well

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets make this simple for you dean . KC was gone and i got that . it isnt about him anymore .

what it is about is doing what is best for the team . trading a starting cb and a 3rd rounder in a deep RB draft hurts this team long term because we created a hole at CB and we lost draft capitol

knowing KC was gone i would have signed an FA qb then drafted one of the top 5 guys and have him sit and learn

history shows that qbs in their mid 30's are in decline . sure brady and peyton beat the odds and moon before them and heck maybe even brees but for everyone of them there are 10 failures

the last time we traded up for old 34 yr old qb he was DMAC . that didnt go so well

Shoot for the moon, and even if you miss at least you end up with a roster full of other teams ex-stars. :D

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith came to the Redskins for one reason and one reason only.... MONEY. He made it clear he would only accept a trade to a team that was willing to give him an extension.

The Browns.. were not.
The Broncos... were not.
The Jets... were not.

The only team that was willing to trade for him AND give him the extension he wanted was, you guessed it... The Redskins.

Every other team saw him as a one year stopgap while they groomed the QB they plan to draft.

Washington saw him as...

A way to say, well at least we didnt have to tag Cousins or make another mega trade in the draft.

I thought he wanted to come to Washington regardless of the extension. All I heard it was the browns and Washington interested in him and he chose us. He is better than any draft pick of Fa out there. So we did well.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are we running a thrift shop or are we trying to win superbowls ? we got "as good " by giving up resources to maintain the status quo ? how do you support that ?

and TT , SB TB or CK all give us what smith does for the price of a checkbook , not giving away good young resources for declining players

KC was leaving regardless. you still wont admit that. Yes, we can win with Smith and believe any FA QB can come here and offer what Smith offers is delusional

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't believe CB is a hole. Now you are comparing DMAC to Smith? cmon. All I have to say is if Smith does well go run and hide.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC was leaving regardless. you still wont admit that. Yes, we can win with Smith and believe any FA QB can come here and offer what Smith offers is delusional

so now we can win with smith ? yeah i see him getting us 6-9 wins and treading water

. and so i can clear this up for you , KC WASNT FUCKING COMING BACK ASSHOLE , as i have said fairly often but you get amnesia

the trade was stupid case keenum took the vikes to the NFC title game , CDC choked in the opening round

TT took the bills to the playoffs breaking the longest drought in NFL history

bradford can win games and did so last season with the vikes

TB won games and is 25

dont tell me a 34 yr old failure as a number 1 overall pick with 2 playoff wins in 12 years and has been given up on 2x is leaps and bounds better then a FA qb on the list plus drafting a new qb

you also ignore the fact that smith wouldnt have come here without an extension and the other teams wouldnt commit to that

and MR brees is STILL on the market

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe CB is a hole. Now you are comparing DMAC to Smith? cmon. All I have to say is if Smith does well go run and hide.
yes i am comparing them and its unfair to dmac , , he has been to a superbowl while CDC has been to the toilet bowl

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so now we can win with smith ? yeah i see him getting us 6-9 wins and treading water

. and so i can clear this up for you , KC WASNT FUCKING COMING BACK ASSHOLE , as i have said fairly often but you get amnesia

the trade was stupid case keenum took the vikes to the NFC title game , CDC choked in the opening round

TT took the bills to the playoffs breaking the longest drought in NFL history

bradford can win games and did so last season with the vikes

TB won games and is 25

dont tell me a 34 yr old failure as a number 1 overall pick with 2 playoff wins in 12 years and has been given up on 2x is leaps and bounds better then a FA qb on the list plus drafting a new qb

you also ignore the fact that smith wouldnt have come here without an extension and the other teams wouldnt commit to that

and MR brees is STILL on the market

lol. keep bashing Smith. That is so insane. That funny I remember you still thinking KC was going to get a long term deal this offseason. Yes SMith is better than those guys. Keenum had a great team around him. Comparing Smith to the Fa QB's is just laughable.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes i am comparing them and its unfair to dmac , , he has been to a superbowl while CDC has been to the toilet bowl

wow. you are gone. You are on record for totally hating Smith. Like I said run and hide if we succeed.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. you are gone. You are on record for totally hating Smith. Like I said run and hide if we succeed.
well how about you run and hide when we show up 3rd in the NFC east ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. keep bashing Smith. That is so insane. That funny I remember you still thinking KC was going to get a long term deal this offseason. Yes SMith is better than those guys. Keenum had a great team around him. Comparing Smith to the Fa QB's is just laughable.
smith has had great teams around him the nfl's leading rusher , a top TE who actually stays healthy and the 5th best scoring defense ace

add to it Hill as well

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why? im not a hater of this team like you are.
since when does criticizing FO decisions become hate ? and what does your years of KC , long and TM bashing amount to dean ? could hate be far behind ? or is that some sort of constructive criticism when it suits your POV ?

you and the rest of the SDFC have been trying to sell the hate angle when things like facts dont back up your positions

i have a long history of defending this team on message boards from sporting news to espn to here at SportsHoopla that far out weigh the criticism i have laid out on this trade . so find another talking point

or better yet actually bring facts and evidence to support your claims .